Rasmus Jorgensen

Members
  • Content Count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Rasmus Jorgensen last won the day on March 3 2023

Rasmus Jorgensen had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1,169 Excellent

6 Followers

About Rasmus Jorgensen

• Rank
    Oil Major

Personal Information

• First Name
    Array
  • Last Name
    Array

Recent Profile Visitors

28,010 profile views
  1. Hi Ron, Sonar is used during construction, pre-construction and even OPEX phase of O&G fields as well. Singling out offshore wind turbines is way off. sorry.
  2. No. Orbans policies are cruel and Hungary should be booted from the EU. Infringing on basic human rights and being a member of EU doesnt work. You cant mix and match. Good luck to Hungary. Maybe it will serve as an example to other countries who think they can mix and match
  3. You still dont understand. I am OK with this. I can wear a sweater indoors if I need to. It has forced Europe to implement policies long overdue. Pls understand the psychology of the West. If all your peers have a new iphone and you dont it is a catastrophe. If majority of people doesnt have a new iphone and it is all Russias fault then it is easier implementing long overdue longterm policies.
  4. I have heard that tech is developing fast and something is being done on this. but otherwise - yes, this is a problem. However, don't underestimate the engeniering capabillity of western societies... especially when they under pressure. Just look at the how quickly we developed a covid vaccine.
  5. This is exactly what @Tomasz and the Russians dont understand. This energy crisis is forcing the whole of Europe to implement longterm decisions that are long overdue. Hydrogen, Nuclear etc. Where is the longterm market for Russian gas outside China ?
  6. In Denmark energy consumption over winter is expected to drop by 20% due to low hanging fruits... Why are you so anti-Europe and pro Russia. I get in the short term Russia / Putin are winning financially. What about the longterm?
  7. pls explain to me how turning off Neon advertisements in the middle of the night harms anyone? I just don't get it. Some are doing to save on electricity. We turn the TV off in my house when we are not watching it - did that long before the price of electricity shot throught he roof.
  8. ? How is less energy consumption back to the dark ages? More football, less playstation is bad? more exercise, less candycrush is bad? Better insulation of houses is bad? More efficient use of resources is bad? I fail to see the logic in how this stresses anything.
  9. Try this one then IMF: fossil fuel industry the recipient of subsidies of $5.9tn per year - Power Technology (power-technology.com) The point is - your view is extremely unbalanced. Renewables has a place in energy industry, so does FF and nuclear. Renewables doesn't make sence in all cases, but they do in some. Balance is the key.
  10. This is true, but the point is that FF receives a lot of direct and indirect subsidies as well. For offshore production - think how for example ports were paid for by governments back in the day. NB! I am not blindly pro renewables, but I dont demonize renewables blindly either. Also, think were Europe would be today without WTGs?
  11. A strong argument for renewables. Another thing - look at how public opinion is changing towards nuclear. Maybe something good will come from this crisis. Tomasz and others underestimate what the freeworld can do when it needs to. Just look at how quickly we developed vaccines against covid
  12. I would like for all it to stop. Within a few years Russia looses the power that this gives. Wait and see. Energy conservation will reduce energy consumption much more than most expect. And then what for your beloved Russia? Only one real client - China. How do think they will treat Russia?
  13. what predicament? This is clearly hurting. But at some point you have to stance. I am not blindly pro-American. But what is happening in Ukraine is simply barbaric. Should policies have different 30 years ago to avoid this. Probably. But it doesn't mean that what is happening in Ukraine is right. I for one am happy to wear a sweater this winter if I need to, to be able to take a stance against Russias actions in Ukraine. In 1-2 years time Russia wont be able to weaponize NG anymore.
  14. What subsidies do oil companies receive? (fuelfreedom.org) what is your take on this?
  15. If the latter is true then Russia needs Western expertise badly and it is only a matter of time before they come crawling... What do you think ?