Ward Smith had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

6,615 Excellent

About Ward Smith

• Rank
    Legend

Recent Profile Visitors

28,347 profile views
  1. That graph is clearly wrong. Perhaps the 1.936 belongs in 2019?
  2. Watched the video for awhile before the "music" made me nauseous. 45Q tax credits is American, I have no idea what Canada does there.
  3. I was talking about the tundra project linked above. The only Boundary Dam I've heard of is on the border with Canada and Washington State, and oddly enough is an actual hydroelectric power plant. No CO2
  4. The 45Q money is impressive however. Figure a ton per megawatt produced. Their numbers as I recall were $200 million per year.
  5. In principal it should be far less environmental degradation than a water disposal well, of which there are tens of thousands in the US. To also fluid like water, the rock downhole may well equate to sand depending on permeability in the target zone. To a gas, it might as well be open space. Ideally, you'd use a depleted gas well since the downhole pressure is dramatically lower.
  6. https://www.projecttundrand.com/ The Minnkota project I talked about above
  7. Take a look at the Minnkota project. 4 wells up to 10k feet deep to sequester the CO2. I thought I already posted a link to it here?
  8. I'm looking thru that school of mines PDF but am not convinced There are tons of articles like This one that say what I believe, which is that they need to blend to produce the longer chain molecules like diesel. The refinery we're working with (unfortunately under NDA) is starving for heavy oil. They don't have delayed cokers but use blends. Speaking of blends that's kind of what Western Canada Select is. A blend of super heavy bitumen 8-12 API with pentanes or other condensates as the diluent to bring the average API to about 21. They're not getting more diesel out because they almost universally remove the diluent first, then delayed coke the bitumen, producing something akin to normal crude. It would actually be much better to blend that super heavy with super light and skip the delayed coker step. Unfortunately Xiden cancelled the pipeline that was designed to do that, mixing Canadian bitumen with North Dakota very light oil.
  9. I've seen proprietary information on LTO that was 60 API. That's barely oil, it's really wet natural gas.
  10. If there's a quart of long chain molecules in a bbl of LTO I'll be shocked.
  11. Wrong on the facts. You can't make long chain molecules out of short chain molecules in a refinery. You would need a Fischer Tropsch method, which is only used when all other avenues are unavailable, such as WWII Germany and South Africa sanctions. Those refineries by your house have "cracking" towers not "adding" towers. No one starts with pentanes plus and makes centanes and beyond. No. One. We're getting premium for our heavy oil right now, the only reason it's not more in demand is jet fuel is down 70%.
  12. You don't know anything about the oil industry. Why are you even on this site? Hint, you cannot make diesel from light tight oil, which is what the fracked wells produce.
  13. What pray tell is an "Environmental Justice" community? Is that defined in Black's Legal Dictionary?
  14. From the Parent Oilprice site , something unusual for this crowd. Useful. Information