• Rank

Personal Information

• First Name
    Array
  • Last Name
    Array

Recent Profile Visitors

3,470 profile views
  1. I'm good, my man - I live in Norway! Also I have some very nice bottles of sake from Fukushima prefecture, and so far no sign of any extra legs! Again your terminology indicates you have very little familiarity with the details and are just parroting soundbites. There's a whole lot more to radioactive wastewater treatment than if it is filtered once or twice, lol! The biggest impact of this will be on Fukushima fisherman and other producers and it's all sadly down to public misconception of the dangers. Their reputation will be (further) damaged even though this controlled release is fully in line with international standards and industry practice. In fact Japan already has way lower allowable levels of radiation in general food than EU, US - about 10x lower. And half that again specifically for Fukushima in an attempt to bolster public confidence. This release will be calculated to maintain those already low levels. So impact will be negligible even at the source, hard to even detect further afield. But people like you will continue spouting uninformed garbage! Don't get me wrong, nuclear power deserves its bad rep to a degree, but it is so very blown up out of proportion in the public eye. I liken it to public perception of air travel - any air crash is a major catastrophe and international news. People are horrified by the idea of a plane crash and many are too scared to fly at all. Reality is air travel is the safest form of transport by a long way. Same with nuclear power vs. many other forms of energy generation.
  2. As expected - Japan's proposed release is in line with international standards (written by people who know what they're talking about) and is common industry practice, but fishermen, environmental groups, nosey neighbour governments (who generally don't know what they're talking about) are going to moan about it anyway. Nothing new. Frankfurter, with respect, nothing you say in this thread makes any sense at all. This is my favourite... Heh heh that's a great oxymoron! Radioisotopes with long half lives are by definition the least radioactive. The very opposite of 'ultra radioactive'.
  3. Would be interesting to read the data about the actual quantities of material being released here and what impact that will actual have. I'm guessing negligible to the latter, or it wouldn't be being allowed. Might have a look into it. Certainly much of the OP is complete nonsense though - one molecule of radioactive material doing significant damage, or any at all? No, just no!
  4. I haven't checked the op's numbers but they don't seem unreasonable. That is just not how you calculate the delivery rate of a pipeline! The hypothetical journey time of oil from the start to the end of the pipe is entirely irrelevant. All that matters is the flow rate. Unless you are specifically considering delivering an amount equal to 1.0x the volume of the pipeline, which the op isn't, then, and only then, would the time taken be equal to the time taken for oil to travel the length of the pipeline. To the subject - well the closing argument at least - yeah I'm kinda infuriated at the intensity of attack on private fossil fueled automobiles, which is most severe in the countries with the highest-tech cleanest fleets. Rrgghh!! It's like global governments going on a crusade for safety in transportation by attacking the aviation industry - barking up the wrong tree! There are more worthwhile areas the greenies could focus their energy on. Ok I admit it - I just want to be able to own and use a petrol V8 until I die, damnit!! When someone tries to take that away, for the first time I'll wish I was a gun owning American! Oh wait I live in Norway now - shotguns and hunting rifles quite obtainable - happy days. Just remember to write something about hunting and not defence of my right to a V8
  5. Yeah it's not bad here in Norway either. I've had ctrs coming from UK and elsewhere for offshore work I've been involved in recently and all have had a pretty comfy time in quarantine being paid to lounge around. Here you're allowed out for a stroll, etc. Client company puts on chartered flights to the heliports so we can avoid the public scum. Only other place I have good knowledge of is Malaysia. Poorly organised which will be no surprise if you know malaysian authorities. All pay the same fee but it's a lottery if you get a decent four-star or a cockroach ridden motel with broken air-con and rotten food.
  6. I have family in Canada currently soon to be experiencing this hospitality, so have been following the situation somewhat. Did you possibly mean the Western Standard? Sounds like the account given in this article I read a few days ago, with slight exaggeration for good effect... https://westernstandardonline.com/2021/02/i-was-detained-at-calgary-covid-detention-centre-for-11-days/ That was a month ago when they were piloting the scheme. Obviously a few teething problems! Nobody took his phone, though, and the hospitality was free of charge. An undeniably crappy experience for sure, but quite far away from the typical state of affairs in Canada. It's now three nights while you await your test results then you can go home. Telephone and wi-fi are among the requirements for participating hotels. Nobody's paid anything yet, but something like the headline grabbing $2000 figure will likely be coming soon giving a reasonable period for those who travelled before being aware of this potential cost to return. Not the end of the world and in line with many other places at the moment. In fact I've been hoping to book a same-day return flight to the UK for my three toddlers so they can stay in a hotel for 10 days upon return and be fed. So far without success, sadly - seems to be a few hurdles in place to prevent that kind of thing!
  7. .

Caveat Emptor indeed. That's pretty much how I see this.
  8. .

Do you think enough of the Redditers are really purely idealistic enough to keep this going indefinitely? I know many might be, but I'd guess many, maybe most, have jumped on the bandwagon to make some money. Many seem more interested in posting screenshots of their gains and talking about paying off student loans, etc, than talking about the principle of it. Surely it's quite likely enough will want to cash out, probably soon, that it will start the avalanche, everyone else will be spooked, and it'll go right back to where it started - i.e. what it's actually worth since that hasn't changed? I've read a few comments posted along the lines of people being pissed off with Robinhood's moves so f u they're gonna cash out. Maybe that'll be the catalyst?
  9. Well if you're bad then so am I cos I read about this earlier and found it funny too! Wondered if it wasn't too late to make a small gain on some GME stock, but maybe the fun's over already. Just hope the 'little guys' being egged on to put their life savings in to stick it to the man know when to get out! Won't be very funny any more for them if they don't react quick enough when it pops.
  10. Interesting... https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/25/us/politics/rudy-giuliani-dominion-trump.html Wonder where this goes. I like his response though... “Dominion’s defamation lawsuit for $1.3B will allow me to investigate their history, finances, and practices fully and completely,” Mr. Giuliani said. “The amount being asked for is, quite obviously, intended to frighten people of faint heart. It is another act of intimidation by the hate-filled left-wing to wipe out and censor the exercise of free speech, as well as the ability of lawyers to defend their clients vigorously. As such, we will investigate a countersuit against them for violating these Constitutional rights.” At least he's putting up.
  11. I've no idea who that is, but anyone who's able to return to work after a health issue as serious as death and becoming a ghost - they must know a thing or two about good healthcare! Good pick Joe!
  12. Re: troops 'turning their backs' on Biden. They're not there to wave at Biden and make him feel special, are they? They're supposedly on a security detail, no - looking out for threats? Unlikely those threats would come from within the motorcade - makes total sense most will be looking away. Look - half the security detail in 2017 were snubbing Trump, too... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvnqEXmMKXY&feature=youtu.be 😄 ORO - you're slipping down a rabbit hole, buddy. You're too intelligent for all this. Nancy Pelosi sadly hasn't been arrested and Biden isn't in a fake oval office. This is silly. Check out flat earth though - much more interesting!
  13. DM is supposed to be Conservative dammit! American readers? Online a lot if you go by the comment section!
  14. Dunno if the Daily Mail is going left these days, but sure have been pretty aligned with the left leaning media in all their reporting on the election. Hmm. Anyway - see, Biden really is the most popular President in history... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9175975/Biden-beats-Trump-Nearly-40million-people-watched-inauguration-ceremony.html Excuses incoming... - More people are watching this time only because they are all out of work/locked down - The figures are fake - more lies! - People just wanted to watch Lady Gaga and J-Lo - Most watching are Trump supporters but watching to laugh at the old man and/or hoping to see the promised Q op be conducted 😀
  15. Apparently not in a prison at least... https://news.sky.com/story/jack-ma-appears-in-public-for-the-first-time-since-october-12193286