• Rank
    Legend

Personal Information

• First Name
    Array
  • Last Name
    Array

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Enable
  1. Solar panels last much lower than 25 years. The ones built for the Whitehouse in the 70's under Carter are still functional now. On the disposal point there is a reason for that - very few are being scraped at present as the majority built still have decades of life left in them. Much like there wasn't a mobile phone recycling industry in 1985.
  2. Meanwhile in the real world Demand goes through the roof (for car park solar) Why car parks are the hottest space in solar power - BBC News
  3. In regard to vehicle exhaust emissions I made no mention of CO2. Had a big delivery of straw today?
  4. You can add to that a range of aldehydes such as formaldehyde which is carcinogenic and a respiratory irritant. Various acids and other substances.
  5. Granted - there have been significant improvements but its still an issue . High compression engines just ended up blowing out much smaller particles which get into the respirable region of the lungs.
  6. There are other factors at work promoting EV's Local air pollution (ok I know not all pollution is tailpipe) Countries not blessed with large quantities of oil and gas are reliant on imports. EV's offer an opportunity to use more ubiquitous wind and solar.
  7. I assume thats why fast chargers (+22KW) only go to 80%. If you want to go to 100% you use a 7KW or 2.3KW charger (240v AC system)
  8. I recall reading that lower speed charging helps with battery life. Better to stick with 2.3KW and 7KW chargers whenever possible.
  9. The decline is based on the reduction in kwh held by the battery and nothing to do with charge rates. The process will be older EV's will end up as local runabouts. You see similar trends with older ICE vehicles. When the Vehicle is crapped the battery will have a resale value as a stationary storage battery. My wifes car has an 86 KWH battery. If it loses 75% of capacity it will still hold 21 Kwh which would be an extremely useful domestic or commercial storage bank.
  10. In 1900 you'd have been in the Get a horse brigade, this automobile fad will never last Go back 20 years and rinse and repeat with kerosene lighting and electric light bulbs.
  11. They seem to sell well in Europe. As for batteries I said second life for EV batteries as stationary storage. Used Nissan EV Batteries Now Provide Grid Scale Storage |Vehicle to Grid UK (v2g.co.uk) Relectrify - repurposed EV batteries to reduce tech costs | energy.gov.au EV sales globally this year will be around 13 million. At some point thats a lot of still functional batteries being available for storage projects at anywhere from single battery domestic level to utility level facilities for frequency response and once enough available peaking services.
  12. Musk has also mooted the strong possibility of building a Tesla factory in the UK.
  13. A study of the Nissan Leaf found that typical loss over 5 years was 15%. So if that is industry typical its 2.85% per year however the Nissans don't have active cooling (they rely on passive I recall) so this may hasten their decline. I accept 1-2% is too optimistic but >10% is unrealistic.
  14. Virtually all coastal states are members of the IMO its just that European states are generally better at applying standards.
  15. Thanks - forgot to add that!