Members
  • Content Count

• Last visited

Community Reputation

5 Neutral

About Simon Hauser

• Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Enable
  1. Trump touted yesterday that Europe is going to step up its LNG game and become a major buyer of US gas. The capacity is going to be there soon (chart), but can the USA compete with Gazprom? How far can the costs for liquefaction and transportation fall to bring down overall costs? Cheers, Simon
  2. How cheap could Russia produce to compete with growing US LNG exports?
  3. Can't let go of the consumption puzzle ,sorry guys, just trying to understand some data ;). Assume the following formula: Consumption = Production - Exports - Stock Change and consider the attached chart (3 month average to add some smoothness). Why did consumption jump at the start of 2016 so dramatically? Is consumption really much higher as the official numbers suggest? Don't know what to make out of this chart.. -Simon PS: Either the formula or the data must be way off too. Can't explain the chopping around and persistent negative values.
  4. Great insights John, thanks! Boy, ac cranked up to 59F?? I am used to 100 degree weather but I keep my house at 82F all the way through summer.
  5. Thanks for your input! Rodent: Yea, I don't know what to think of the recent statements coming from SA. Strange. Albasini: Thanks for the temperature graph - what is your source? DanilKa: My source ist JODI (https://www.jodidata.org/) The data can be found here: http://www.jodidb.org/ReportFolders/reportFolders.aspx?sCS_referer=&sCS_ChosenLang=en What is your chart saying (Can't read arabic) Cheers, Simon
  6. Only explanations I can come up with so far are: a)Tariffs for residents increased significantly this year, b) power plants switching to natural gas
  7. Hey y'all (yep living in the south)! I am taking a look at the domestic oil consumption of Saudi Arabia, and something doesn't seem right. Consumption in May looks totally off (see chart, pink line). Any ideas what's up with that? Cheers, Simon