Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ff

Pompeo Confirms US-Taliban Deal Has Secret Elements

The US-Taliban peace deal in Afghanistan is a hopeful opportunity to end the US occupation of Afghanistan after 19 years. Persistent concerns, however, are that secret annexes to the deal could exist that would make the deal less palatable for the Taliban rank-and-file.  While Pentagon officials claimed to have no information on that, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo confirmed on Sunday that there are indeed two “classified” secret annexes to the deal, and that the American public won’t get to know what those are. 

And to think, Oilprice members have the gall to criticise other governments for withholding information. 

• Rolling Eye 2

Does anyone really believe that the US are going to deal with the Taliban without unseen clauses. The Taliban or Mujihadeen (Jihadists) will always be untrusted they don’t trust themselves tribally. 
The US or the Afghan Government will NEVER be able to maintain a “deal” with these madmen who stone women and and and , give me a break this has been going on for Milenia and just now they will be nice to get the US out of Afghanistan by taking out other terror groups, just leave and let them get on with what has turned into Taliban Inc.

The goal is to flood the world with Opiates again to the levels of before the first US and NATO incursions. This is the Oil the commodity of Afghanistan.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, frankfurter said:

The US-Taliban peace deal in Afghanistan is a hopeful opportunity to end the US occupation of Afghanistan after 19 years. Persistent concerns, however, are that secret annexes to the deal could exist that would make the deal less palatable for the Taliban rank-and-file.  While Pentagon officials claimed to have no information on that, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo confirmed on Sunday that there are indeed two “classified” secret annexes to the deal, and that the American public won’t get to know what those are. 

And to think, Oilprice members have the gall to criticise other governments for withholding information. 

You just don’t give up do you!

The US has never OCCUPIED Afghanistan! Where did you find that little nugget of wisdom? The US, or the COALITION for that matter, never had enough boots on the ground to even come close to occupying the country!

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/military occupation

Secondly, can you name a single government that releases every single item of classified information to it’s citizens? That would be sheer lunacy!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, frankfurter said:

https://twitter.com/DeptofDefense/status/1234513623696822272

At 25 seconds:

"As I reiterated to our Afgan partners, this is a conditions based agreement.  A conditions based agreement.  We are watching the Taliban's actions closely to assess whether they are upholding their commitments."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom Kirkman said:

At 25 seconds:

"As I reiterated to our Afgan partners, this is a conditions based agreement.  A conditions based agreement.  We are watching the Taliban's actions closely to assess whether they are upholding their commitments."

And obviously, judging by the recent air strike, they are not.

Time to pull the plug and let the Afghans sort out this mess. We’ve tried for years (the coalition), to no avail.

On 3/3/2020 at 9:04 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

You just don’t give up do you!

The US has never OCCUPIED Afghanistan! Where did you find that little nugget of wisdom? The US, or the COALITION for that matter, never had enough boots on the ground to even come close to occupying the country!

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/military occupation

Secondly, can you name a single government that releases every single item of classified information to it’s citizens? That would be sheer lunacy!

I shall give up when you and others do likewise.

US troops in Afghanistan now number in excess of 10,000 [maybe you can tell us the exact number?].  Put there by brutal force, and slaughter people at will. If this is not occupation and terror, I shudder to think the levels you would define such.

Merriam-Webster is an American dictionary written by and for Americans.  Obviously, unbiased.  right?

True. Most governments have secrets. I see you condone your government, a democracy for, by, of the people, to keep secrets from you. Yet you despise others for upholding the same standard.  tsk. tsk. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

At 25 seconds:

By what right has the US to put troops into Afghanistan?  What right to demand conditions?  The occupation has cost how much to date, over $1 trillion?  Let alone the innocent lives lost.  Why not simply pull out unconditionally?  The money saved means less debt your children will need to pay endless taxes for.  Seems madness to me to see a country waste its treasury to receive nothing in return.  Unless the opium trade is the reason?  

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, frankfurter said:

I shall give up when you and others do likewise.

US troops in Afghanistan now number in excess of 10,000 [maybe you can tell us the exact number?].  Put there by brutal force, and slaughter people at will. If this is not occupation and terror, I shudder to think the levels you would define such.

Merriam-Webster is an American dictionary written by and for Americans.  Obviously, unbiased.  right?

True. Most governments have secrets. I see you condone your government, a democracy for, by, of the people, to keep secrets from you. Yet you despise others for upholding the same standard.  tsk. tsk. 

Yep, you are right again! 10,000 troops, many, if not most, are not combat arms, can effectively occupy a country the size of Afghanistan! Try again Einstein...

When did I ever indicate that I despise others for using common sense when keeping secrets from their citizens? Do I need to know what is planned tomorrow in Afghanistan? No. Do I need to know the actual capabilities of the F-35? No. Do I need to know who the NSA or FBI are surveilling? No. The list of ‘secrets’ that I, as a citizen, do not need to know about is endless....hence the terms ‘classified’ or top secret.

Do you feel that you should be privy to everything your government does?

And so it begins, U.S. troops start to withdraw from Afghanistan

Hardly a week has passed since the conditional peace treaty between the U.S. and the Taliban, and American troops are already leaving the country.

Despite evidence that the Taliban have resumed attacks on Afghan government forces, U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper has given the order for the United States to begin withdrawing troops from Afghanistan.s.

Esper, speaking to the media on Monday, said that the troop withdrawal order to Army Gen. Scott Miller, the commander of U.S. forces in Kabul, is in keeping with the peace deal with the Taliban. The peace deal calls for an American troop reduction to begin within 10 days of the deal’s signing.

“My instructions to the commander [were]: ‘Let’s get moving, let’s show our full faith and effort to do that,'” Esper said in Washington with the Joint Chiefs General Milley also in attendance. “I’ve said on many occasions that I’m comfortable we can still conduct all the missions we need to conduct [with] 8,600 [troops].”

The Americans are to cut 4,000 troops in Afghanistan within the first 135 days according to the terms of the deal. There are currently 13,000 U.S. troops in Afghanistan; the remaining 8,600 would leave within 14 months.

Despite the show of good faith by the U.S., both Esper and Milley advised to temper any expectations of lasting peace after a bomb killed three Afghans and wounded 11 in Khost province. “To think that there’s going to be an absolute cessation of violence in Afghanistan, that is probably not going to happen,” Army General Mark Milley, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, told reporters at the Pentagon press conference. 

“To think that it’s going to go to zero immediately, that is probably not going to happen. It’s probably not going to go to zero,” Milley added.  ...

• Like 1