Tom Kirkman

Death Match: Climate Change vs. Coronavirus

Death Match: Climate Change vs. Coronavirus   26 members have voted

1. 1. Which over-hyped panic-mongering will kill us all first?

• Climate Change Armageddon (planet 2 degrees higher death)
    • Covid - 19 Pandemic (fever cough death)
    • Trump (Orange Man nuclear war death)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, Coffeeguyzz said:

Gentlemen 

Not too sure what to make of this thread, tongue-in-cheek wise, light hearted perspective, complete dismissal of this coronavirus issue ...

1155291740_cruisecorona.thumb.jpg.f02ff49494ff118617e4ba071d466240.jpg

case.jpg.1c4ec10b7e2381907e22dc58a4b936f1.jpg

1610630777_covidtp.jpg.1c0c4edb909eef31c992c84919083e8b.jpg

bernie.jpg.63c5a328f684b34981dac6b542e43d59.jpg

• Haha 7

Wuhan Students Get Homework Software Banned From App Store By Spamming It With One Star Ratings

In what is likely the most epic story to come out of China as a result of the coronavirus so far, locked down students in Wuhan have found a creative way to avoid doing their homework while schools are closed.

While schools have been suspended, teachers have been using an app called DingTalk to assign their students online lessons and homework, despite the lockdown. 

After the app was introduced, however, students who were happy to be on lockdown beforehand grew annoyed with having to do work, according to the London Review of Books.

So they engineered their own solution and decided to take action. Students figured out eventually that if they had enough users spam the app with one star ratings, they could get it kicked off of the app store, which would then in turn prevent them from having to do homework. 

As a result, "thousands of reviews" flooded into and DingTalk saw its app rating fall from 4.9 to 1.4 overnight. 

According to the report, "the app has had to beg for mercy" on social media, stating: ‘I’m only five years old myself, please don’t kill me.’

Not much out of the country has given us hope since the coronavirus outbreak began, but this story should possibly give future generations optimism about young Chinese citizens' eagerness to band together and overthrow authority. 

And to the teachers, it's already bad enough the kids are suffering through what is likely going to be one of the most impactful pandemics of modern times. Maybe you can cut them a break on the book reports for the time being.

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

For an alternate take on the Pandemic.  A pretty simple deconstruction of the globalist narrative on this panic.

Event 201 Global Pandemic | YouTube

If you're worried about the COV19 flu thingie this will make you feel better... sort of. :)

• Like 1

Hi all,

It seem my blog got some attention here.

Climate Change can give people much more time, many years to deal with.

While corona virus NCOV COVID-19 only give you give months.

Many rich kids in London UK are get infected with this virus and are dying, including many kids from rich oil company around the world as well.

My blog are not for troll or for fun.

If want to troll or for fun, I would make picture or video, not only typing text.

I have many type of cure for the corona virus 100% working, safe & easy.

I know this sub have many "players" have connection with rich families who have kids are got infected. So you can forward/send my website at https://theworld.data.blog for them. If I cannot cure and restore lungs/organs/body completely, no receive any reward !!!

BTW: If any entities can prove any of my information about the corona virus is wrong, I would happy to close all the blog & forum instantly !!!

Regard,

The Savior

• Downvote 2

38 minutes ago, TheSavior said:

Hi all,

It seem my blog got some attention here.

Climate Change can give people much more time, many years to deal with.

While corona virus NCOV COVID-19 only give you give months.

Many rich kids in London UK are get infected with this virus and are dying, including many kids from rich oil company around the world as well.

If want to troll or for fun, I would make picture or video, not only typing text.

I know this sub have many "players" have connection with rich families who have kids are got infected. So you can forward/send my website at https://theworld.data.blog for them. If I cannot cure and restore lungs/organs/body completely, no receive any reward !!!

BTW: If any entities can prove any of my information about the corona virus is wrong, I would happy to close all the blog & forum instantly !!!

Regard,

The Savior

Don’t you find it hard to breath with your head up your ass? Just curious...

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/11/2020 at 7:46 AM, TheSavior said:

And you've earned yourself a few days time out from posting, after your recent spree of (now hidden) threads.

Although I must begrudgingly admit, your earnestness makes your blog even more amusing to me.

You are literally claiming to be God and are spouting inane nonsense about Covid-19.

You are temporarily suspended from posting here for a few days.

After that, you will be allowed to post again, provided you do not resume trolling about Covid-19.

While you are free to write anything you wish on your own blog, your biblical end of the world musings and God complex are out of place on this forum.

https://theworld.data.blog/

^ for anyone who wishes to peruse the magical musings of @TheSavior .

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

61 million people had the swine flu in 2009. REMEMBER? Obama was President. Thousands died, many children, 300,000 were hospitalized. We are no where near those figures and yet PANIC? Trump is President. Where was the media in 2009?

Edited by ronwagn
reference
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, ronwagn said:

61 million people had the swine flu in 2009. REMEMBER? Obama was President. Thousands died, many children, 300,000 were hospitalized. We are no where near those figures and yet PANIC? Trump is President. Where was the media in 2009?

20200312_163847.thumb.jpg.adf5517085d3d3f70e6896988b754026.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/chuckwoolery

• Upvote 3

On 3/10/2020 at 8:58 AM, Gerry Maddoux said:

They say the protein receptor is an ACE-Inhibitor site. This is the Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme-Inhibitor site, where very--VERY--popular antihypertensive drugs (like enalapril) land. There are lots of smart people out there analyzing this, but is it possible that those taking ACE-Inhibitors are the ones that die off?

I'm not sure if i understand it correctly.......... If receptor refers to a place to receive the virus, and that popular drug blocks there, could this mean, people who are taking anti hypertensive drugs become less susceptible to be infected? Virus can't enter without receptor that anchors it?

On 3/10/2020 at 10:20 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

1155291740_cruisecorona.thumb.jpg.f02ff49494ff118617e4ba071d466240.jpg

image.png.da1b2466e2ac1896c66f2c0ca849ac8c.png

1 hour ago, specinho said:

image.png.da1b2466e2ac1896c66f2c0ca849ac8c.png

3shcff.jpg.9add1480db43049c15c6c24933c77739.jpg

QmEO8db.jpg.0d55b06b78d538b3363af08d18ee5efb.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Rolling Eye 1

On 3/7/2020 at 7:31 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

Hmmm, you are right, the nuclear war option would kill off the Coronavirus.  Not sure what nuclear war would do about Climate Change though.

Perhaps you could consider asking Greenpeace for a research grant, to investigate the effect of nuclear war on climate change.

Hey, that was my idea, i need a research grant to tell them that trees suck co2 out of the air, so plant trees. Thats my grant and thats my research, yet i will not get a $.10 for ,my wisdom!!! Go figure!!

• Haha 2

Eugh...g..g...guys

I'm not feeling so good

On 3/12/2020 at 8:39 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

I cannot tell you just how much I dispise Charlie Kirk...but it's a lot

Anti Trump & Mr open borders

• Haha 1

Wish that little tart would just STFU, Climate Change is complete bullshit, She is the 2020’s Al Gore....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Likely missed  -- Simulations Arctic warming and Ice loss could be caused not by CO2 but common Ozone Depleting gasses interaction with local are vs  Hurting ozone layer.   

The same gases that caused holes in Earth’s ozone layer in the past century are responsible for the rapid warming of the Arctic as well, according to a new study published in Nature. Scientists looked at the effect of these gases in climate simulations between 1955 and 2005. They found that the gases accounted for up to half of the warming and sea-ice loss of the Arctic during that period, Nature reports.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/01/unusual-arctic-warming-explained-overlooked-greenhouse-gases

The Source paper  NATURE MAG  is a better sumary .. but the article costs.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41558-019-0677-4#article-info

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Carlos1955 said:

Hey, that was my idea, i need a research grant to tell them that trees suck co2 out of the air, so plant trees. Thats my grant and thats my research, yet i will not get a $.10 for ,my wisdom!!! Go figure!!

Common sense won’t make you rich....but it makes life a hell of a lot easier!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

We will be most likely killed by the stupidity of people who do not understand the latest scientific discoveries and their implications, but too full of themselves to admit science probably knows better than they do. 

(edited)

1 hour ago, Daniel Ryslink said:

We will be most likely killed by the stupidity of people who do not understand the latest scientific discoveries and their implications, but too full of themselves to admit science probably knows better than they do. 

Would like to give a scenario on what science is............

You are in a fruit market. Variety of fruit on display. What would you choose to buy?? The one you like to eat, the one your family and friends like to eat....... Science, amidst sea of data, you see what you want to see and interpret it the way you, your family and friends would like to hear............

Society is changing. The ancient atmosphere of learning out of curiosity, and take time to get the answer are no longer valid, most of the time............ Hence, it is always good to keep an open mind when there are different opinions compared to the main stream agreeable statements...... no? ;):$

Edited by specinho
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

On 3/7/2020 at 5:09 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

Climate change or coronavirus? 'Pick your evil', protesters say

Protesters at a rally led by climate activist Greta Thunberg on Friday denounced governments for taking urgent action against the coronavirus outbreak but failing to treat global warming as an emergency.

Several thousand people braved the rain in Brussels with the 17-year-old Swede, marching through the city that is home to the European Union's main institutions.

"It is shameful that for so long the climate and environmental emergency has been ignored. We are still in a crisis that has never once been treated like a crisis," Thunberg told the demonstrators in a speech.

Some supporters said they had put aside concerns about being infected with the coronavirus in a crowd to join the march.

"It's pick your evil. Do you want to die from global warming or from coronavirus?" said Gorkem, 40, wearing a face mask.

"One of them gets much more attention than the other, so we are trying to raise a bit more awareness about what is already affecting all our lives."

I

Social media is something that I'm straying away from. Changing my mind and stuff is impossible when not allowed to delete previous posts.

So I edit.

Edited by Danny Hangartner
Social media is something that I'm straying away from. Changing my mind and stuff is impossible when not allowed to delete previous posts. So I edit.
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

10 hours ago, Daniel Ryslink said:

This ^

I think simple examples are the best of this - like plastic non-recycling.  Some figures state 9% of all plastic actually makes it through an actual recycled.... cycle.

Now do lithium. 

Yeah.  Lithium.  

We're going to create a manufacturing base for battery vehicles and pretend that because Norway will have extreme (and extremely expensive) recycling programs that the same can be said when the whole world (including the 3rd component of that world) are using 7000 lithium cells per vehicle.  Great care will certainly be taken with each and every toxic waste dump (Tesla / Leaf / etc) produced, used and discarded for sure. 

All the while rivers flooded with plastic headed for a slow decay in the ocean. 

But yeah CO2 is gonna kill us in thousands of years when we're all dead. 

Climate emergency is the biggest 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Edited by GunnysGhost
  • Upvote 3

Death match - yes. It is the long and steady death of the oil-age. But don't panic! It will last some more years, no stress!

I am very glad to be a witness of the finish the oil-age step by step. Oil-fueled cars have stunk cities for more than 100 years, that will be over in the 2040ies. Breath deep again!

This referenced article is worth a read.  It is a bit difficult for anyone who has not spent time reading system science.  In relation to the topic here this comparison of climate to the virus is really out of scale in relation to time frame and the shock potential.  A pandemic can have a shock effect that is high in degree but the duration might be shorter.  Climate change has a different profile with a shock that is much weaker but increasing in a time frame with much longer duration.  I will not debate climate change here as to whether it is human or not but will say evidence of change is occurring. 

The key point about pandemic so often overlooked is what results afterwards.  A response can be more dangerous than the cure but also not confronting the necessary actions is likewise dangerous.  It is unclear if China will reboot its economy.  China is now the template because they went into the pandemic and now are coming out of the initial shock.  Remember too China went into this pandemic with a relatively healthy global economy to assist.  This global economy is now very disrupted financially and with value chains.  The same will not be true of Europe and the US.  We have some Chinese lessons to draw on but the global economy is now in very bad shape.  If a reboot comes it will likely not be the level we knew a few months ago. 

I see a very different world ahead.  Emotions are raw currently with lots of finger pointing but how much will that matter when food is in short supply.  I think this is the biggest issue now.  We have had a few years of bad harvests, trade tensions, and economic problems.  Farming is under stress.  This pandemic will disrupt it even more.  China has chicken and pork viruses running rampant still.  Africa has the locust.  We will likely get through this pandemic with a lot of vulnerable people dead.  Some will brush that off but the damage to the global economy and the food chain is very real and that might kill many more healthy people the virus did not touch.

• Upvote 2

“Catastrophic Shocks Through Complex Socio-Economic Systems: A Pandemic Perspective”

David Korowicz     https://tinyurl.com/yx7zb9u2    festa

“The globalised economy has become more complex (connectivity, interdependence, and speed), de-localized, with increasing concentration within critical systems. This has made us all more vulnerable to systemic shocks. This paper provides an overview of the effect of a major pandemic on the operation of complex socio-economic systems using some simple models. It discusses the links between initial pandemic absenteeism and supply-chain contagion, and the evolution and rate of shock propagation. It discusses  systemic collapse and the difficulties of re-booting socio-economic systems… Once contagion begins it rises slowly, but a point comes where it begins to accelerate rapidly. That point is the dividing line between the sub-critical and critical acceleration. We can see that the longer time inventories are held within a society, the longer the time the operation of society can function before the critical acceleration.  Clearly then the rising speed of societal processes, in this case, supply-chain re-charging, reduces temporal resilience to shocks.  Even this very simple model reproduces the main features of real events and studies seen in section 3 - the impact on society does not rise linearly with time but starts to accelerate as more inventories are drawn down… Further even if a government wanted to rebuild, it may be too complex to orchestrate resumption from the top down. This is firstly because the economy has evolved by self-organization, nobody has ever had, nor could they have put its elements together in the first place. Secondly, even if it could be done, the systems of command, control and supply that might do it would be the very systems that had been undermined.  Over time entropy would become an issue as engines rust, reagents become contaminated, and expected maintenance and repairs are left undone. This would all add to the cost and inputs needed for resumption. In a more complex society the degradation rate may be higher for thermodynamic reasons.  Overall, we are saying the longer a socio-economic system spends in the critical regime, the more likely it is to undergo a complete systemic collapse and loss of basic function. In addition, the longer it spends in this state, the more difficult it may be to ever return to its pre-pandemic state.”

• Upvote 2

On 3/7/2020 at 7:09 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

Climate change or coronavirus? 'Pick your evil', protesters say

Protesters at a rally led by climate activist Greta Thunberg on Friday denounced governments for taking urgent action against the coronavirus outbreak but failing to treat global warming as an emergency.

How about Disinfection Rebellion?

• Upvote 1