Tom Kirkman

Death Match: Climate Change vs. Coronavirus

Death Match: Climate Change vs. Coronavirus   26 members have voted

1. 1. Which over-hyped panic-mongering will kill us all first?

• Climate Change Armageddon (planet 2 degrees higher death)
    • Covid - 19 Pandemic (fever cough death)
    • Trump (Orange Man nuclear war death)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The next virus that we need to watch out for is the Cordoba Virus:

https://www.genome.jp/virushostdb/1955175

This is a virus that appeared every year from 1975-1983.  It could reappear at any time!

It was known to grow in colonies on Corinthian Leather. I have attached a photo of corinthian leather heavily colonized by said virus. 

Corinthian Leather With Cordoba Virus.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Censorship ?

Ok then bye !!!!!

The Bible Famous End Time Words Mark Of The Beast Is The New Corona Virus NCOV

best of luck to all secret societies, the elites, you are up against the real life legendary 666.

Tell that to your boss, your friends !!! hahahaha

10 hours ago, TheSavior said:

Censorship ?

Ok then bye !!!!!

best of luck to all secret societies, the elites, you are up against the real life legendary 666.

https://twitter.com/NickHintonn/status/1239421830546575361

Perhaps you can decipher what the heck the announcement said.  Sounds like Moloch got caught on a hot mike.

bc6ffa530c71da2ee70cc5930f3a49151fa8a5223e9b8e4d795540ea0c62ce05.png.ab1e348d8530aa67f138e762a41e3c48.png

10 hours ago, TheSavior said:

Censorship ?

Ok then bye !!!!!

You truly are a troubled person!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It is my feeling that once this virus reaction stabilizes we will then be confronted by the reality of a disrupted economy like we have never before seen in this country and globally.  This is what will make it so disastrous is because it will be global with significant value change destruction not just disruption.  I see the increasing odds of martial law and suspension of the election.  This is going to freak people out in this age of profound divisions or we will come together in common need? 

1 hour ago, REAL Green said:

This is going to freak people out in this age of profound divisions or we will come together in common need? 

In war you have a common enemy and people pull together like never before to overcome said enemy.

However with an illness such as this I think unfortunately it will be an "every man for himself" attitude, this is already being demonstrated by people hoarding foodstuffs and toiletries. I hope the media start to get real and stop the hype. 82% of people who contract this will have a mild illness! Only the weak and infirm have anything substantial to worry about.

Supply chains wont be broken IMO so food etc will be there for everyone.

Financially it will take many many years to come through this. Financial hardship will probably cause just as much suffering to the poor as this virus will to everyone.

We need our leaders to stand up and for everyone globally to pull together to beat this virus and to get the world up off her knees.

• Upvote 2

So I chose #3, Orange man bad, simply because I believe that it is more likely that he would pull the trigger(NOT!!) before the other two will actually kill us all off....LMAO.

My question now is this, once the virus has run its course, are we all going to forget the panic and death that China gave us all and continue to do business with them, like nothing ever happened. Maybe this is the time for us to all start insisting that China be taken off the list as a supply chain and isolated for the good of mankind in general. Made in USA, Made in Mexico, Made in Vietnam, Made in my ass, or Made in (ANYWHERE BUT FRIGGIN CHINA!!)

Oh, and where are all the Chinese supporters at, usually they are crawling out of the woodwork trying to tell us we are crazy for blaming anything on China, like every thing they do is OK fine..... Well I'll tell you this, this virus that they let loose upon us is everything but OK fine, and I will never forget the damage they have done to the rest of the world.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

One thing is likely, localism is going to be the new fashion both voluntary and compulsory by default.  Keep in mind localism is not as flashy and stimulating like the riches globalism as brought us so for some this will be painful.  It means a world that is poorer in things but can be richer in meaning.  Proper human scales are found in localism in my opinion.  There is likely no way we can wean ourselves off globalism quickly because so many things that are required for modern life are sourced globally but we can begin the process of rebuilding local supply chains.  We can spend more time at home and maybe families will begin to locate nearer.  Globalism went too far as bubbles do.  Now the bubble is deflating.

• Like 4

CV causing negative health-social-economic domino effect across the board.

• Like 1

Did anyone notice how fast money was produced by governments after the stock market crashes?  The same money that the governments did not have for addressing climate change.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok, are we all dead yet?

Note that dead people will be allowed to vote in this poll.  

(Just pretend that I am a Democrat...)

• Haha 1

The correct answer is not a choice: Central-Bank-driven and UNCONSTITUTIONAL destruction of the monetary system. All the other things are just strawmen for the core issue.

Over my head. Explain.

Q) What do Covid-19, climate change, war, traffic chaos, drought, bushfire, flood, tornadoes, ocean pollution, drug use and the widening wealth gap all have in common?

A) Answer: The facts that there are far too many humans on planet Earth and nobody has the guts to say so.

Q) How did that happen?

A) Because Economists and politicians have traditionally used absolute growth as their yardstick when they should be considering 'growth per head'. According to the former, the human body is a capital asset and so more and more are naturally encouraged. Job opportunities increase, company profits climb and politicians can continually quote higher numbers. Unfortunately, that kind of growth also brings more companies, more people to fill the vacancies, more waste and more financial imbalances at both the commercial and personal level.

The latter measure actually says something about each person's quality of life.

Sooner or later, a state of stability must be reached. Capitalism must find a way to operate with a reducing rather than ever increasing population. Otherwise, I reckon we might as well bring on as much Covid-19, climate change and nuclear war as we can right now and let the survivors, if any, start all over again, this time with better trained economists who understand life's true values and the finite nature of our planet's resources.

• Like 2

(edited)

I really like the idea that climate  debunking is easy to find here..  Please excuse if content is here already  Grr click wrong.  Cliamte change debunk graphs

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/breaking-down-last-decade-terrible-climate-change-7-narrative-busting-charts

Greta Inc .. corporate funded actress..   The making of   

Greta  INC   

I'll think back for some corona  while trading 

Edited by mad-trader
clicked too early.. need to discover way to DELETE post gone wrong

On 3/15/2020 at 7:24 AM, Danny Hangartner said:

In climate change, no one mentions all the water we lock away each day. Tap-water piping and bottled water take away the water that air requires to disperse weather. The importance of water is emphasized in most school textbooks. So, if it's between water bottled away in liquor, I'm going to take my chances with the global warming.  

Mentioning about water...... reminds me of a scene from rango - Rango dried out and peeled......

the virus, with a human cell membrane external structure, wouldn't it dry out and peel under the sun too? Thank Godness for global warming?? Wherever is hot, like outdoor, there we will be safe.....??:oO.o:D

1. Which over-hyped panic-mongering will kill us all first?

Cow farts will kill us all before these three do....

On 3/18/2020 at 8:39 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

Ok, are we all dead yet?

Note that dead people will be allowed to vote in this poll.  

(Just pretend that I am a Democrat...)

I will be mailing in my vote,I am a Democrat you know... Well after I die I will become one of course!!

• Haha 1

Thank goodness, CNN and Sean Penn will save the day!  

But Mr. Penn (seen on the right below) will need to recover from his hangover first.

gHswkUEM.thumb.jpeg.5bbe3cebb8ba81fa19c110b323e528a1.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2020 at 5:50 PM, I. Thunkit said:

Q) What do Covid-19, climate change, war, traffic chaos, drought, bushfire, flood, tornadoes, ocean pollution, drug use and the widening wealth gap all have in common?

A) Answer: The facts that there are far too many humans on planet Earth and nobody has the guts to say so.

Q) How did that happen?

A) Because Economists and politicians have traditionally used absolute growth as their yardstick when they should be considering 'growth per head'. According to the former, the human body is a capital asset and so more and more are naturally encouraged. Job opportunities increase, company profits climb and politicians can continually quote higher numbers. Unfortunately, that kind of growth also brings more companies, more people to fill the vacancies, more waste and more financial imbalances at both the commercial and personal level.

The latter measure actually says something about each person's quality of life.

Sooner or later, a state of stability must be reached. Capitalism must find a way to operate with a reducing rather than ever increasing population. Otherwise, I reckon we might as well bring on as much Covid-19, climate change and nuclear war as we can right now and let the survivors, if any, start all over again, this time with better trained economists who understand life's true values and the finite nature of our planet's resources.

The declining resources world never happened. So far we have managed to produce more value out of each unit of commodity resources. Renewable energy, where it is useful. is actually cheap to run and will give other fuel resources a run for their money. 

The finite planet and endless people argument was bogus the first time Malthus said it. People do change their behaviors in different circumstances. The mechanization of agriculture cleaned out the rural areas and sent people off to work in industry in crowded urban and small town environments. Immediately birth rates fell and within a single generation were far below replacement. This has been the singular pattern of global development. People can use investment as a substitute for children as their retirement assets. They were no longer needed to run the family farm when you were in your dotage. 

The conceptual demographic growth model you point to as a driver of economic thinking and fanning of population growth is bogus. All societies have put more into the hands of retirees than were invested in children or their parent's financial ability to raise them. Largely because that is where adults nearing retirement age put their funding - investments using people or for people's consumption or government social benefits for the elderly rather than in education of youngsters or funding their parents. A few countries made a conscious effort to shift this in Scandinavia, France, Israel. 

The economic models do generally expect a growing demographic as an input because that is what the historical record contains. We are now facing a world in which we already had peak babies globally, Where peak babies in the West + Japan was 1960, China just a short while later, ASEAN in 1970s, Latin America variously from 1980 to 1990, India peaked over a decade ago. Only Africa is still increasing the number of babies, but the fertility rate is rapidly falling to below replacement levels in all the countries where populations are growing, so the days of increasing African births are numbered. 

Thus all the economic models will need to be updated with the realities of declining demographics. Contrary to what you were thinking, it is not economic models pushing demographic growth policies, but their inability to be checked to measures of reality in a world of declining demographics that simply didn't exist before. The singular real world example we did have was the aftermath of the demographic hole due to the Spanish Flu at the end of WW1 and the war itself, resulted in the great depression globally. 

The experience of Japan post 1990, Europe post 2000 and the US post 2008 was tempered by China's enormous growth, its driving of the commodity bubble, and its continued artificial prop-up of growth via enormous credit expansions past 2008. China contributed 65%-85% of global growth in that period since 1996. It contributed far more than that in expansion of money and credit - more than the QE programs of EMU, the Fed, and BoJ put together. They transitioned in small part to local demand rather than export demand, but demographically, China is an export dependent country no different from Japan, Korea, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia. The industrial capacity it built so aggressively is not utilized to a sufficient degree by its internal demand. It will get worse as China's little bump of Millennials move past the peak consumption age of 40 in the next few years. China will rely on ever more exports into a global market with contracting demand, and with the largest young markets, India and Indonesia and the Philippines not being on the best of terms. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/14/2020 at 11:44 PM, Daniel Ryslink said:

We will be most likely killed by the stupidity of people who do not understand the latest scientific discoveries and their implications, but too full of themselves to admit science probably knows better than they do. 

‘Science’ is inanimate and therefore can ‘know’ nothing.

1 hour ago, 0R0 said:

The declining resources world never happened.

I think it probably has, actually. There are several "lost civilizations," well chronicled by Jared Diamond in his epic book, "Collapse: Why societies choose to blah de blah--I can't remember the rest of the title". This has been called the most important book one can ever read. I have been a fan of old Jared for decades. He goes off on some doozy tangents but his thoughts always crystallize. An academic head like you would find his thoughts invigorating. (Meant nicely).