Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SM

New N Korea sanctions

The US government announced the new sanctions, which aim to prevent North Korea from further developing its nuclear program. The sanctions, introduced by US President Donald Trump, prohibit US citizens from dealing with more than 50 vessels and companies, and one person, located in countries including North Korea, China, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin warned that as an effect of newly announced sanctions, any company that does business with North Korea will not also be able to do business with the United States.

United States now has 450 sanctions against North Korea, half of which have come in the last year. I understand the pressure, but are they really working?

Though the sanctions take aim at entities across the world for doing business with North Korea, none of those entities are Russian and I find that interesting. 

I don't see point of it since Russia, China and even South Korea will do business with North Korea. I am sure that EU wouldn't mind as well. So, why are we alone in this?