Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SM

Lawmakers to focus on energy infrastructure

In coming week, the US House Energy and Commerce Committee Subcommittee on Energy is expected to turn its attention to the state of the country's energy infrastructure. The house panel is hoping for a broad discussion about pipelines, transmission lines, hydropower and more, and what Congress should do to improve the infrastructure.

Another infrastructure week?! How many times can they show a rerun. It is like Law&Order

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 李伟王芳 said:

Another infrastructure week?! How many times can they show a rerun. It is like Law&Order

Why not. Infrastructure is key to reducing methane emissions — not more regulations

The current political climate, tempered by a pervasive “not-in-my-backyard” mentality, has made it difficult, and often financially infeasible, for infrastructure builders to keep pace with oil and gas production. The federal regulatory process takes, on average, 70 months to complete. 

1 hour ago, Meanwhile said:

The current political climate, tempered by a pervasive “not-in-my-backyard” mentality, has made it difficult, and often financially infeasible, for infrastructure builders to keep pace with oil and gas production. The federal regulatory process takes, on average, 70 months to complete. 

image.jpeg.4b413f8f594e38179bd1c77c44f962f9.jpeg

The government should seriously consider new guarantees, like "your permit in 1 hour or less, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!!" Or something like that. Government agencies would live and die by how much money they had to "refund" and would be forced to become more efficieint. I really have some good ideas. 

so the "little to no regulation administration" is now making regulation? I am so glad we have this important piece of work done