Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FM

Renewables - $1 Trillion Has Been Invested And Created 10 Million Jobs.

According to the relevant study, over $1 trillion has been invested into renewables industry worldwide. It has created around 10 million job opportunities. By the same sources, electricity from renewables will be cheaper than from most fossil fuels by 2020.

• Upvote 1

Renewable energy is world's fastest growing sources of power. 

In next four years renewables electricity capacity will increase by 43%! It's a equivalent to half the current global capacity in coal power.

On 2/27/2018 at 3:50 PM, damirUSBiH said:

In next four years renewables electricity capacity will increase by 43%! It's a equivalent to half the current global capacity in coal power.

Renewables are not sufficient to be the sole power source for the grid. I guess it's clear.

4 minutes ago, Pavel said:

Renewables are not sufficient to be the sole power source for the grid. I guess it's clear.

Ok. Let's see. Cities around the globe are going green. Over 100 cities from different continent use more than 70 percent renewables in their energy mix. And, for four years this number will be more higher than you can imagine.

"The solar and wind industries are each creating jobs at a rate 12 times faster than that of the rest of the U.S. economy.  Solar and wind jobs have grown at rates of about 20% annually in recent years, and sustainability now collectively represents four to four and a half million jobs in the U.S., up from 3.4 million in 2011." http://fortune.com/2017/01/27/solar-wind-renewable-jobs/

Yes, but this mostly has to do with new capacity installations... job creation will slow down once the amount of installations slips...

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2018 at 9:34 AM, franco said:

According to the relevant study, over $1 trillion has been invested into renewables industry worldwide. It has created around 10 million job opportunities. By the same sources, electricity from renewables will be cheaper than from most fossil fuels by 2020.

Don't see this price point happening by 2020. I see it happening, but think its a few years too optimisic

2 hours ago, TraderTate said:

Don't see this price point happening by 2020. I see it happening, but think its a few years too optimisic

I agree. That's a bit optimistic, I think.

Renewables are huge scam in terms of investment and economic point of view. Because new companies that are producing renewable technologies today are siting on huge pile of debt. They know that it is impossible to beat big fossil energy producers on global markets. It is simple economic logic. Fossil energy is way cheaper, practical and attractive than expensive renewable energy for investors, electricity producers and consumers. With cheap and abundant coal, natural gas and oil reserves you can produce way cheaper electric energy than with solar or wind. And sold this electricity on market on lower price than electricity made from renewable energy. 

Free market and economic logic will always prevail over environment and ecology. Renewable technologies are obvious asset bubble (the same as Dot-Com Bubble in 2000's) siting on huge pile of debt.

Real scientific breakthru will come in shape of nuclear research and biology. And not in solar and wind.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/28/2018 at 11:51 PM, Rodent said:

I agree. That's a bit optimistic, I think.

I agree too. However, even if it will take 2 - 3 years more to get there this would be a great step forward for all of us.

• Like 1