Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

California City Sues Its Biggest Taxpayer, Chevron

Chevron is the biggest taxpayer and employer in Richmond, California. The city is suing it (again) on allegations that it is destroying its future by hurting the environment. What's with the lawsuits, people? Just drive Chevron out and find another company to cough up 1/3 of your budget.

• Like 1

They are suing for it's role in Climate change. However, climate change is a global effort not just one city. 

Yeah, this is a bit rich--and more than a bit vague. 

and not just a single company. And if you are still using the products of Chevron, I'm not sure you can sue it. Or can you make the same claim as in Big Tobacco: "I'm hooked, so I can't stop now". Does California have an oil addiction???

• Like 1

California and their beat up roads cause major congestion and highway idling causing lots and lots of extra gas to be burned. 

11 hours ago, Rodent said:

and not just a single company. And if you are still using the products of Chevron, I'm not sure you can sue it. Or can you make the same claim as in Big Tobacco: "I'm hooked, so I can't stop now". Does California have an oil addiction???

...or does it? Don't we all (sigh).