Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FM

U.S. Steel Stocks Jump On Tariff Expectations

The U.S. Commerce Department recommended last month that President Trump impose steep curbs on steel and aluminum imports from China and other countries ranging from global and country-specific tariffs to broad import quotas. In his,  early morning tweet, President Trump said that the steel and aluminum industries needed “free, fair and smart trade”, adding to expectations he would announce tariffs on foreign imports. Experts said - good for US steel, but bad for the US economy on long period. 

For me it's OK to have  to have reciprocal trade agreements with countries that are protective like China, S Korea, Japan, etc. But, it's not good if you have  "the trade wars". There are no winners in war, there are always sufferings on both sides.

GREAT bump today for US Steel and AKS! 

I was all over those this week. NYSE:X closed up 5.75% today. AKS closed up 9.79%! Lovin life...

Good stuff! There was a nice sharp call order of $X Apr 6th 48.0 Calls @ ASK vs 10 O.I. That I saw and followed along. I think we'll ee a bit more upside. I'll probably start scaling out of my position as/if the price continues to rise Monday....you never know, he could always back down.

Though that Icahn news makes me doubt it. 

• Like 1