Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP

Are we becoming the world of robots?!

China wants to be world leader in AI by 2030. They recently announced plans to open unmanned police station powered by artificial intelligence. These, let's say futuristic police station could provide registration service and offer simulating driver examination. What's next?

Image result for robot policajac

Pavel, look at this. I recently read about  Japanese plans to "employ" millions of industrial robots by 2025. If one robot can  replace 10 employees, then million of robots can do work of 10 million workers?!  Asked if robots could become doctors or football players Japanese officials said:" Robots won't become doctors, but they could be guides and receptionists." 

lol. Exponential growth of technology --- making things changing pretty fast... Today L. Messi and C. Ronaldo, tomorrow robots

Related image  

2 minutes ago, Pavel said:

Oh, well, they can't do a much worse job than most teachers today. The teacher's union here says teachers will be fired after five instances of showing up to work intoxicated, or three times showing up to work on drugs. Teachers caught selling drugs in the classroom get a three-day suspension. My oh my. There's grace, and then there's ridiculousness. Bring on the bots!

https://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/17596

Robots sub for teachers? I'm really skeptical about that as with the effects of that plan. This is totally crazy -  robot Sophia, if you remember her (robot with female face, can show emotions) was given a citizenship of Saudi Arabia....

Not sure if I would like robots working with my kids. 

3 minutes ago, Selvedina said:

Not sure if I would like robots working with my kids. 

Ideally, no, I guess. But rather that than a drug dealer :)

7 hours ago, Rodent said:

Ideally, no, I guess. But rather that than a drug dealer :)

If that is the option, than you're right. 

On 12/7/2017 at 4:26 PM, Pavel said:

lol. Exponential growth of technology --- making things changing pretty fast... Today L. Messi and C. Ronaldo, tomorrow robots

Related image  

In the case of Ronaldo a robot would be a marked improvement, I believe. Unless their program the robot to have acting talent, that is.

OMG did you just bad-mouth Ronaldo??? For shame!

speaking of which ... there is actually now a 'robot' football that trains you all by itself ... but where it comes to energy, I'm all for robots. Robots on rigs are probably safer than the drunken rig workers (re: Suncor debacle). Artificial intelligence can process all that big data we've been collecting and shunting into some black hole somewhere. Drones and remote sensors can detect pipeline leaks, and on and on. 

Will robots one day take our children's jobs? Think of another job than a football player, developer, songwriter, Uber driver, etc. My answer: probably yes

Top 10 Disruptive technologies? 

Digital, Block chain, AI, AR, VR, Drones, Big Data, IoT, Robots, 3 D printing, business, technology, innovation, Digital Transformation 

Good:) but email help much more.

" Technology is extremely good at performing tasks that people do, but jobs are more than tasks."

David Schatsky, managing director Delloite

Just like nuclear fusion, the robots have been just round the corner for some time. The biggest problem (or biggest  luck) is that they aren't coming fast enough.

After I saw your article Petar, I don't feel good

Image result for robots

Robots used to patrol and alert security services on potentially criminal activities to ensure that homeless people don't set up camps in San Francisco?! Weird

Yes I've read about that. Robots were used for the first time this year to prevent encampments in SF. Hard to believe but true

It would be better if they build homes for these homeless instead of building robots to persecute them. 

On 12/14/2017 at 7:09 AM, Rodent said:

OMG did you just bad-mouth Ronaldo??? For shame!

Yep. You should see him fall for a penalty. Oscar material! Almost.

Back to the topic, though, I think it will yet be a while before robots take over jobs different from strictly repetitive, non-creative jobs. Even translators are still safe and that's saying something. There were such hopes that machine translation will quickly put all translators out of their jobs.

Someone wrote that robots are subs for teachers... What can we expect? Empathy is something a robot may never have, without empathy education does not get any efficient. Or robots will teach robots.