Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP

Are we becoming the world of robots?!

Which skills will be the most important for survival in the workplace of the future? Emotional intelligence, adaptability or willingness to learn are the main factors which will decide about the position of robots. Robot-mania

If emotional intelligence is a necessary skill in the future, I'm doomed.

• Upvote 1

India got first robot restaurant. Customers place order through tablets on each table and then food is served by robot waiters. 

It looks like  AI will help us to fight climate change. At least Microsoft think so investing big money into "AI for Earth"  program. This use of artificial intelligence should enable scientists and farmers to better protect the environment. 

New "robot era" according to some of the last research, will start  in "industry 4.0." This term implies smarter machine in sectors like mechanization, water and steam power, then mass production (like car industry),computer and automation, and cyber physical systems... It's not hard to see that it's all about jobs human do now.

Why are we worried about robots? Because the robots and artificial intelligence is getting a lot more complicated and sophisticated. People are afraid of what they don't understand. A lot of people. People underestimate human skills, and more communication is needed on robots. What will they do and  what not

Personally, I'm not afraid of robots nor that era. We are talking about robots for the last 50 years. But since they are making them smarter and smarter every day, I think people are losing in this game.

It starts. The CEO of fast-food restaurant Jack in the Box, which they are based in CA, said “it just makes sense” to replace cashiers with robots.

Nothing makes sense anymore. Robots won't know when a guy comes in to rob the place nor will they be able to give customers certain services in actual conversation.

Last year McDonald's announced a plan to put robot cashier's in 2500 locations. Just following the times and other successful models.

How about if we swap customers for robots?

• Upvote 1

Interesting. Why robots as cashiers? Why not more like self-checkouts at the grocery store? The technology already exists and is likely inexpensive.

I suppose: no tax for robots, save  money, etc... Let the robots eat there then too.

6 minutes ago, Pavel said:

I suppose: no tax for robots, save  money, etc... Let the robots eat there then too.

Understand, but I mean this level of automation already exists in the form of self-checkout lanes. Why go all the way to robots? Am I missing something?

General Motors is dropping the steering wheel and pedals and giving robots control:)

Why buy something you have no control over or ability to use autonomously? You don't own it.

Gonna be sooo hard trying to park on the grass..or drive across unmarked ground:)

• Upvote 1

I have solution. Let them drive these cars by themselves.

So, no need from such cars. People will fight back robots.

It's scary, at least have pedals and steering wheel so that if there is a problem people can switch to manual

Isn’t this risking it all?!

Science fiction becomes reality.

They are overly paranoid. Robots will have 10,000 flaws about them. They will not take over. Generally - not now, ,not any time soon.

Pope about robots: 
"Robots must work for the good of humanity" - the Pope said in Davos.

As robots replace human workers and increase our economic output, we need to have a serious conversation about a universal basic income. All that productivity should benefit everyone...