Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

Transhumanism Anyone?

Implants to open doors and communicate with devices, magnets to sense electromagnetic fields around you, and sensors in the brain to treat with Parkinson's Disease, you name it. Some are apparently even ready to alter their own DNA. I can't decide whether it's more scary than fascinating or the other way round.

12 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Implants to open doors and communicate with devices, magnets to sense electromagnetic fields around you, and sensors in the brain to treat with Parkinson's Disease, you name it. Some are apparently even ready to alter their own DNA. I can't decide whether it's more scary than fascinating or the other way round.

I vote for scary. Some things shouldn't be tampered with. They don't even fully understand the brain, so I don't recommend tampering with it.

To do something right now - pretty scary. However, in 30+ years it'll be commonplace. I'm actually quite excited to see whats in store. 

Wow. I wasn't expecting that one. I guess if strip clubs are tattooing bitcoin code on dancers for easier tipping, wallet implants make sense, too. Kind of lends a new element to future kidnappings as well. The criminal underworld must be a hotbed of new ideas lately. 

11 hours ago, CMOP said:

To do something right now - pretty scary. However, in 30+ years it'll be commonplace. I'm actually quite excited to see whats in store. 

I really, really hope you're wrong. I may still be alive in 30 years' time. But it could be just a reaction to the last X Files episode I watched yesterday, so who knows.