Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FM

South Australia At 73% Renewables By 2020/21

The Australian Energy Market Operator it expects South Australia to reach 73 per cent renewable energy by 2020/21. Study of AEMO predict that South Australia will likely reach between 75 per cent and 80 per cent renewable energy share by 2026/27, depending on the policy pathway. 

As I remember well, one month ago, the state of South Australia has announced plans to equip at least 50,000 homes with solar panels and Tesla (TSLA) battery storage units, connecting them all to the electricity grid to form the world's largest "virtual power plant". They are so serious and ambitious

1 minute ago, Pavel said:

As I remember well, one month ago, the state of South Australia has announced plans to equip at least 50,000 homes with solar panels and Tesla (TSLA) battery storage units...

How much is Australia giving Elon Musk in subsidies?

This is the future. SA now the energy innovation state. Just wait for the coal industry’s attack!

Why doesn't government of SA build the battery packs in SA instead of buying them from Tesla? The battery technology is not owned by Tesla.

• Like 1

This particular battery technology is Tesla's, otherwise they would have built it themselves. They haven't learned their lessons, I see. Forgot the outages very quickly. Let's see how it goes.

I found South Australia now leads the world in overall solar power generation and is second only to Denmark in wind generation. 

Yes. The sunshine state SA....

I think many of SA citizens are really disappointed with prices of electricity power. South Australia, a state with abundant sun and natural resources, has the most expensive electricity in the world. So, each medal has two sides.

• Like 1