Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wolfgang Horn

Let Big Oil die in peace

The stock exchange speaks: Crude oil is no longer worth anything. Companies are falling in rows, investments are unthinkable, parts of the branch are bankrupt. The state intervenes in countries such as Russia and Saudi Arabia. This is unthinkable for us, who believe in the market. Every tax dollar spent on saving Big Oil is a lost dollar. The time of 2020 is ideal to let Big Oil die slowly. From now on, every dollar should be invested in renewable energy. This is how we manage to implement decarbonization. 2050 is free of fossil energy.

• Downvote 6
  • Rolling Eye 2

Let everyone know when you have even 1% replacement(your own money, not mine or your neighbors) for plastics.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

I suggest an argument as to why any of that has anything to do with reality. 

There is no future without fossil fuels powering a very large chunk of it. Renewables will only work if the entirety of humanity moves to the wind corridors and the dry sun belts where you can't grow food. 90% of the densely inhabited geographies on the planet can not provide enough wind or solar power to ever cover all the energy needs. 

There will eventually be an electrogas and hydrogen industry that will be built where steady sun and wind make it very cheap though far from populations that can use it. So we will be burning those and gas to liquids synthetic liquid fuel. But the displacement of fossil fuels is a genocidal psychopath's pipedream. It means half the world's population would die. 

Decarbonization is not a legitimate goal and will not create a change in climate trends on its own.. The climate "science" is questionable and relies on fake data. The error bands on calculated outcomes are too big to guide us towards anything once you remove the fake data. 

• Like 4
  • Great Response! 4

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Horn said:

The stock exchange speaks: Crude oil is no longer worth anything. Companies are falling in rows, investments are unthinkable, parts of the branch are bankrupt. The state intervenes in countries such as Russia and Saudi Arabia. This is unthinkable for us, who believe in the market. Every tax dollar spent on saving Big Oil is a lost dollar. The time of 2020 is ideal to let Big Oil die slowly. From now on, every dollar should be invested in renewable energy. This is how we manage to implement decarbonization. 2050 is free of fossil energy.

I sincerely hope that you shortly find another brain cell to rub against the solitary one you apparently have.

Please let us know the petroleum products you are willing to do without.

I think Greta is looking for a prom date...

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 3
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Wolfgang Horn said:

So you wanna throw in the towel on 'fossil fuel' eh?  Well first off, it's NOT Fossil Anything.  But I'll let that go.

Wind Power: Works, Only when the wind is blowing with sufficient velocity too move the blades (they're Huge BTW) on a wind turbine.  So this isn't exactly a reliable 'source' of power. Not to mention getting a permit for locating a wind farm. Not an easy item in a lot of locals that would otherwise 'line up' as a good place for said power source.

Solar Power: Only works 8-10 hrs. on avg. in good weather per day.  Not exactly a reliable power source. Now if you have the patents for a Space Based Solar collector with the requisite transmission system too get that power down here too the ground let's talk. Otherwise, it's still a mute point. (see above comment about permits)

Oil & Natural Gas: Available as a reliable and well defined power source 24 hrs. per day, 365 days per year. Year in & year out...

{In the court of Common Sense} "Your Honor, I rest my case"...

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 2

I phones just went on sale for $25. It is time to let apple die in peace. This proves that no one wants smart phones any more.  There will be no demand for I phones priced at $25. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Rolling Eye 1

@Prometheus1354

”{In the court of Common Sense} "Your Honor, I rest my case"...”

Hey! You’re stealing my line!!!!😂

• Haha 1

Cabin Fevered Reply - Barrel of oil if you  can tell me who the singers first big band was?

There you go again with your first world problems
Where your living is easy
Messing up your mind the daily grind, gotta leave it all behind
Driving everybody crazy
Me I'm an easy rider
Watch me as I ride and glide away
Say, still might surprise ya
Disappear come back another day
Open up your mouth and making sounds, but there's nothing coming out
Crying like a new born baby
All is a distraction by design
A trick of smoke and mirrors to steal your mind
All is an illusion, mired in confusion
Codex Alimentarius
Open up your mouth and making sounds, but there's nothing coming out
Driving everybody crazy
Opening your mouth and making sounds, but there's nothing coming out
Driving everybody crazy
Driving everybody crazy
Driving everybody crazy
Hands and knees and oops-a-daisy
Driving everybody crazy
How do you get so f- lazy?
Driving everybody crazy
Everybody crazy
Crazy

(edited)

35 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Ian Brown...

half correct- which Band did he sing for?

Edited by James Regan
Trying desperately to kill this thread

On 3/21/2020 at 4:16 AM, Wolfgang Horn said:

Your inept intelligence of 'Crude" and the inner workings of it stymie me. No oil, well that would kill the windmills as they are made from petro. Almost everything in out daily lives is tied to the oil industry. Get a Effing clue dude. Or better yet don't post anything pertaining to oil and Petroleum. 

• Great Response! 2

On 3/21/2020 at 3:16 AM, Wolfgang Horn said:

he stock exchange speaks: Crude oil is no longer worth anything. Companies are falling in rows, investments are unthinkable, parts of the branch are bankrupt. The state intervenes in countries such as Russia and Saudi Arabia. This is unthinkable for us, who believe in the market. Every tax dollar spent on saving Big Oil is a lost dollar. The time of 2020 is ideal to let Big Oil die slowly. From now on, every dollar should be invested in renewable energy. This is how we manage to implement decarbonization. 2050 is free of fossil energy.

Welcome, Wolfgang, and I hope you partake of this board voraciously. Especially reading, because God knows you've got a lot to learn.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, James Regan said:

half correct- which Band did he sing for?

The Stone Roses????

• Great Response! 1

41 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

The Stone Roses????

Your the Man- MBS sending you Bbl- I just sent him a WhatsApp, I got a discount. 

• Haha 1