Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FM

Diplomatic Breakthrough: North Korea Agrees To Halt Nuclear Tests If Granted U.S. Meeting

North Korea is willing to hold talks with the United States on denuclearization and will suspend nuclear tests while those talks are under way. The regime in North Korea gives up of radical rhetoric and war with the whole world? In same time, stock futures are higher after North Korea comments.

What NK ' says ' and what NK ' does ' are two completely different things. But, I agree, it could be a big step for better future.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

High level meetings of the two Korea without help from outsider giving  hope for further progress of reconciliation. What is good for them, it could be good for the rest of the world.

That sounds like a real possibility. I never understood "Axis of Evil", apart from the absolute terms.

Korean solution to Korean problems. The West should stay out and let them resolve their issues. Peace is the best way for everyone. 
If these 2 guys from S and N Korea can become friendly it will be fantastic.

I repeat. It's easy to say, hard to materialize...let see what's next. Moderate optimism.

From experience so far. They must need fuel and food. This is part of the cycle. They ask for talks, then agree to stop their nuclear program in exchange for food and oil. Things calm down for awhile and then the cycle begins again...

If you remember NKor made a deal with Bill Clinton and started cheating before the ink was dry.

4 hours ago, Pavel said:

That sounds like a real possibility. I never understood "Axis of Evil", apart from the absolute terms.

Don't get too excited. NK has been using this same tactic for decades. Just buying time. Would be great if they're for real this time, but I doubt it.

4 hours ago, damirUSBiH said:

What NK ' says ' and what NK ' does ' are two completely different things. But, I agree, it could be a big step for better future.  

We can always hope that things will change between N and SK and the US. 

• Like 1

"South Korea's Moon says sanctions on North to stay, too early to be optimistic".  Reasonable reaction.