Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JA

Bad seven days for Martin Shkreli

A federal judge has ordered former drug company CEO Martin Shkreli to forfeit $7.36 million in assets. Those assets could include a Picasso painting and a single-copy Wu-Tang Clan album Shkreli won at auction. Martin Shkreli will be sentenced on federal fraud charges on March 9.

https://safehaven.com/article/45011/12-Months-Or-27-Years-For-Pharma-Bro-Fraudster 

He deserves to lose everything he owns and have a life of misery in jail.

He deserves punishment for stock fraud.

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

He deserves punishment for stock fraud.

Stock fraud ? Those that needs the drugs are the true victims of this creature. I don't care about his investors a bit

• Like 1

His investors didn't lose any money in the end. I thing they even made some profit of him. So, he is basically being convicted of @$$holism.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JohnAtronis said:

A federal judge has ordered former drug company CEO Martin Shkreli to forfeit $7.36 million in assets. Those assets could include a Picasso painting and a single-copy Wu-Tang Clan album Shkreli won at auction. Martin Shkreli will be sentenced on federal fraud charges on March 9.

https://safehaven.com/article/45011/12-Months-Or-27-Years-For-Pharma-Bro-Fraudster 

The Wu-Tang Clan album is no loss. One copy, in translations, it sucks

3 minutes ago, Joanna said:

His investors didn't lose any money in the end. I thing they even made some profit of him. So, he is basically being convicted of @$$holism.

scumbag or not, 10-20 years in prison is cruel and unusual punishment

1 minute ago, JohnAtronis said:

scumbag or not, 10-20 years in prison is cruel and unusual punishment

scumbag or not, I am still intrigued why would he want a sample of Hillary's hair?

14 minutes ago, JohnAtronis said:

loving this bit

"For the first time during the trial, Shkreli expressed remorse following the judge’s ruling on Monday, promising Matsumoto that he would be “more careful, open and honest” if “granted mercy in sentencing…”"

21 minutes ago, JohnAtronis said:

Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuttin ta F*** Wit

27 minutes ago, Meanwhile said:

He represents what is putrid about the corporate corrupt White House and its corporate corrupt politicians.

Just found this. Shkreli, who bought the only copy of the Wu-Tang Clan’s 2015 Once Upon a Time in Shaolin for $2m, made good on his promise to leak excerpts from the album in celebration of Donald Trump’s shock victory in the American presidential election. In the end, he might get a pardon

34 minutes ago, Meanwhile said:

Everything this guy does tells me he is crying inside. His attention seeking behavior signifies a deep insecurity. 

• Like 1

US prosecutors recommended Tuesday that Judge Kiyo Matsumoto sentence Shrkeli to at least 15 years in prison during his sentencing hearing on Friday.

It would be interesting to see how much harsher his sentence ends up being than the sentence of other 'nameless' criminals that have been charged with the same or similar offences. The kind of publicity he has had is sure to sway even the most neutral of judges and juries.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Joanna said:

This is the real story. How he raised the prices of the drugs his company bought by some 5,000 percent. And for everything, he's shown zero remorse. That is until he was found guilty and is awaiting sentencing. They he started pleading for mercy and promising to be a good boy. He's a complete tool. A corporate sociopath. 10-20 years is definitely warranted. We'll find out on the 9th when he's sentenced. 

• Like 1

(edited)

22 hours ago, Joanna said:

Everything this guy does tells me he is crying inside. His attention seeking behavior signifies a deep insecurity. 

Let him cry on the outside for a change. I admit my limits on empathizing with criminals get tighter with the extent of arrogance demonstrated by said criminals. 

PS What @TraderTate said. Nicely put.

Edited by Marina Schwarz

I think they would have had a hard time giving him more than 7 years, just because there have been a lot of worse cases, as SafeHaven points out. Loved the journalist-in-the-courtroom play-by-play. Box of tissues for Marty, etc. Tears. 

On 3/6/2018 at 8:42 AM, Stephen said:

scumbag or not, I am still intrigued why would he want a sample of Hillary's hair?

He put a bounty on Hillary's hair because it was during her presidential campaign that the whole attack on greedy pharma started. She made the fight against pharma company's doing things like jacking the price of a drug up 5,000%. So Shkreli in many ways owes his incarceration to her. 

I'd go for Harry Potter's Daniel Radcliffe ... 

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 2.01.04 PM.png

(edited)

On 3/6/2018 at 11:31 PM, TraderTate said:

This is the real story. How he raised the prices of the drugs his company bought by some 5,000 percent. And for everything, he's shown zero remorse. That is until he was found guilty and is awaiting sentencing. They he started pleading for mercy and promising to be a good boy. He's a complete tool. A corporate sociopath. 10-20 years is definitely warranted. We'll find out on the 9th when he's sentenced. 

Let's not pretend this sentence is any semblance of objective justice. He's an arrogant sociopath, sure. But charging exorbitant prices for a drug he purchased isn't illegal. It's scummy and disgusting, sure. But are we really willing to lower our standards for justice based on subjective measures such as being a tool or a sociopath? Justice is said to be blind; we should think carefully before we decide to give her the gift of sight. Juxtapose Elizabeth Holmes' fate alongside Martin Shkreli's:

Martin Shkreli - 7 years, $7.5 million fine. Actual Investor Losses = $0

Elizabeth Holmes - Barred from being a director or officer of a company for 10 years; $500,000 fine. Actual Investor Losses = $8,000,000,000.

The difference? The media was far more fawning over one than the other...

2018-03-14 (1).png

Edited by aspoerl
  • Like 1

They are both frauds that should be in jail. The only difference between them is that one stole rich people's money and another stole from the poor and sick.

• Like 1