BB

Fed starts helicopter money. Buying everything . . Treasuries, Bonds, Asset Backed Securities, Corporate Debt.(Won't buy stocks). Start with $650 Billion ! Also Fed "Mainstreet Lending Program" announced has access UP TO $6 Trillion if needed.

1 hour ago, BLA said:

Commercial real estate WAS essential. Until the internet brought us online retail and telecommuting.  Who needs malls now ?  Less office space is required.

Will less oil be needed when electric cars become the norm  ? 

Natural gas will still be essential but with very low prices ,for a very long time, gasoline and diesel are not going anywhere. I would prefer natural gas but it will never make great advances unless through regulation. Killing coal is my goal. China burns more than the rest of the world combined and they are the biggest polluters. 

5 hours ago, SERWIN said:

No, I disagree with you. How many people in a year are going to look at a product that was made in a country that killed someone in their family, freinds, co-workers, and really want to put their money into those hands again. How many people are going to willingly want to give their money to the country that DESTROYED their countries economy? The sentiment is rising now to take China's economy back to the third world state it deserves, just evening up the economy with the government in power. I don't want anything from China anymore, and if you adopt that same attitude, you will probably figure out how much of that crap you can live without. Besides, I HAVE figured out that the shit that comes from China does not last as long as the homemade stuff does. I have been watching clothes I have bought from both and the Chinese stuff really is crap. Within six months they look worn out already. Just cheap junk to fill our landfills with anymore. I would think that the tree huggers would HATE chinese made goods, if for no other reason than that...

Think about it this way. When we were kids our parents could buy a good washer and dryer set for roughly 300.00 each USD. You can still get a washer and dryer for around that same price, but they will only last for a couple of years at most. Last time I bought a set I paid about 2500.00 for the set, and they are still running 10 years later. How can you expect something to last when the cost is the same as 30 years ago, the cost has to go down somehow, so crappy materials are the obvious choice, plastic, plastic, plastic used for even parts that are taking all the stress of the machine while running. Our parents bought those same appliances and they ran well for decades, with maybe a part here and there. I put a new bearing in my washer last year and I think I finally replaced the heating element in the dryer this year. So putting that instant gratification in your home makes you happy then? I think you will find that you get peace of mind NOT buying the cheap crap coming out of China and finding a quality product that will perform to your expectations for years to come. I do, and I know I didn't put money into the Chiese pockets and enable them to do what they have been doing for the last thirty years to the rest of the world. They are already running around pointing at others and making baseless accusations, do you really want to keep on supporting that crap? What happens next time? They release something that kills us all? Time to shut the door on that one y'all....

And how do you feel about them having our pharmacy in their hands, so many times in the last ten years we are finding out that they have done the unthinkable, AGAIN. Drugs pulled for impurities that will harm us if taken... Do you actually TRUST them anymore, because I don't. I think that Trump is right about bringing that medical manufacturing back here, any country that doesn't like the idea of another country pulling their strings whenever they choose should consider that option. What they have done DESTROYS any previous notion that globalism is the way to go. Think about it Ron, who do you trust, the Chinese or goods made in your own country by someone that actually gives a damn? WE as consumers collectively have more clout than the chinese government will ever have. Its time to raise awareness about what our alternatives are...

I hope that you are right Serwin. We will see. I would love Americans to buy the maximum amount of products from America for reasonable prices. I am trying to be realistic while I think you are somewhat unrealistic. Free and fair trade is what we need IMHO. I want to see America export as much as it imports though. China is my last choice but Americans need to step up automation to be able to compete. I don't think that one television or radio is made in America. 

https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/infrastructure/a20066511/american-manufacturing/

https://www.businessinsider.com/basic-products-america-doesnt-make-2010-10#and-dont-think-itll-get-better-check-out-19

https://www.businessinsider.com/deindustrialization-factory-closing-2010-9

19 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

I follow your logic, but why? why create a virus that destroys the world economy? why? Global economic slowdown hurts China more than anybody. 

The head of China's military spelled it all out. I posted his speech on this site multiple times. It's not about the economy to the CCP it's all about power

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ronwagn said:

I hope that you are right Serwin. We will see. I would love Americans to buy the maximum amount of products from America for reasonable prices. I am trying to be realistic while I think you are somewhat unrealistic. Free and fair trade is what we need IMHO. I want to see America export as much as it imports though. China is my last choice but Americans need to step up automation to be able to compete. I don't think that one television or radio is made in America. 

https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/infrastructure/a20066511/american-manufacturing/

https://www.businessinsider.com/basic-products-america-doesnt-make-2010-10#and-dont-think-itll-get-better-check-out-19

https://www.businessinsider.com/deindustrialization-factory-closing-2010-9

Pretty much ALL electronics are made in China, with very few exceptions. I bought a laptop computer in 2011, made by Asus, and made in Taiwan, not China. It is currently 10 years old and functioning perfectly. My mother's Dell lasted less than 4 years and someting on the card melted down. The part was so expensive it wasn't worth replacing, and she paid about 150.00 more for that than I did for mine. Mine is a 19" and hers was a 17". That also tells me that the corporations having this crap made in China are actually RAPING us with what they charge.

• Upvote 1

^

Serwin is right. For years now, the drugs that we take and the electronics devices that we use have been mostly made in China. 

This has never made any sense to me. Apple would be a shriveled version of itself had it not been for cheap labor, and yet we scream when they steal our intellectual property. Pfizer and Merck have their drugs made in China and we scream when they're flawed. Imagine that. 

No, this stuff needs to be brought home . . . no matter what the jump in price. Buy fewer gadgets, less often, and buy reliable drugs. 

As it was, consider this: China pretty much had the data on how many aging American males take ACE-Inhibitors for hypertension. Has it totally eluded us that the Covid-19 virus enters the human cell by attaching to the ACE-2 receptor on the cell membrane? Is that a coincidence? Merely the collision of random events in the giant tunnel of life run by the chaos theory? 

I don't know this but it would seem that when you're taking an ACE-I (as I am), then the more Angiotensin Converting Enzyme you inhibit, the greater the number of ACE receptors. I shudder to extrapolate this further. Do your own thought experiment. If this current debacle--China sending a diaspora of infected people to carry this virus to its least favorite place--doesn't get our attention, all hope is lost. 

• Upvote 2

(edited)

13 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

^

Serwin is right. For years now, the drugs that we take and the electronics devices that we use have been mostly made in China. 

This has never made any sense to me. Apple would be a shriveled version of itself had it not been for cheap labor, and yet we scream when they steal our intellectual property. Pfizer and Merck have their drugs made in China and we scream when they're flawed. Imagine that. 

No, this stuff needs to be brought home . . . no matter what the jump in price. Buy fewer gadgets, less often, and buy reliable drugs. 

As it was, consider this: China pretty much had the data on how many aging American males take ACE-Inhibitors for hypertension. Has it totally eluded us that the Covid-19 virus enters the human cell by attaching to the ACE-2 receptor on the cell membrane? Is that a coincidence? Merely the collision of random events in the giant tunnel of life run by the chaos theory? 

I don't know this but it would seem that when you're taking an ACE-I (as I am), then the more Angiotensin Converting Enzyme you inhibit, the greater the number of ACE receptors. I shudder to extrapolate this further. Do your own thought experiment. If this current debacle--China sending a diaspora of infected people to carry this virus to its least favorite place--doesn't get our attention, all hope is lost. 

Apple is an EXCELLENT example, 1000.00 for a friggin' phone, are you kidding me? Tells me that someone is being screwed, and HARD. I have never owned one, but my mother did and I hated that thing. Give me my Android any day.... And I can assure you that all our phones are made in China, no way around that one....

And knowing that a corrupt government not only has that much medical information for the U.S. AND makes the drugs is a really scary thought. The Democrats really screwed up letting all this go over there, without so much as a peep of resistance. Just furthers the thought that they are all on the payroll for China. And yes, I do believe that there are Republicans on the take as well. We need to find out who and get them put away for the rest of their lives.

Edited by SERWIN
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

^

I can understand your suspicions, fortunately I am not on an ACE inhibitor  but have an arrhythmia which might be just as bad. 

I think that a biological weapon would want to get the working age folks first, and maybe everyone though. China would want to depopulate North America and then repopulate it with Han Chinese ASAP.