Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP

Eleven nations - But Not U.S. - To Sign Trans-Pacific Trade Deal!

The Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) will reduce tariffs in countries that together amount to more than 13 percent of the global economy - a total of $10 trillion. With the United States, it would have represented 40 percent. Even without the United States, the deal will span a market of nearly 500 million people, making it one of the globe’s three largest trade agreements, according to Chilean and Canadian trade statistics. In January, U.S. President Trump, who also has threatened to dump the North American Free Trade Agreement, told the World Economic Forum in Switzerland that it was possible Washington might return to the TPP pact if it got a better deal. Again, ... "better deal".

Last few days: NAFTA , TTP, tariffs. Before: Paris agreement.... Consciously withdrawal America from a market? 

TTP is market with a consumer base of 500 million people and GDP close to 60 trillion dollars. 

Generally, very soon -not just TTP -could be a big problem for U.S. market. Other countries will just increase trade with each other instead of the U.S.

Many provisions were dropped that the US had wanted, including intellectual property protections that I think were largely aimed at protecting pharmaceuticals. I'm not sure all the other provisions that were dropped that the US had requested. That Trump is holding out for a better deal should not come as a surprise to anyone. 

These are all the Corps who are going for profits at the expense of its consumers, the working class. I am not a protectionist, but I guarantee you that there is always a trade imbalance benefiting the cheapest labour country. When and if you can create equal trade balance, we all win. It's sounds like a dream.