QA

How to Create a Pandemic

(edited)

On 3/29/2020 at 6:50 PM, Boat said:

Of course there will be an economic collapse. But there will be trillions in new debt by the rich snapping up little risk extreme bargains. Nothing new. Warren Buffett has like 135 billion in cash. You think him and others won’t be snapping up cheap factories? It costs almost nothing to borrow if you have collateral and a decent track record. No, the sky won’t fall, just transfer in ownership.

Everyone with cash on hand should benefit from this.

Slurp up defaults, expensive toys (boats, quads, snowmobiles, trucks, guns), and real estate.

Hate the game not the player, but this will make me more wealthy

Edited by Enthalpic

Millennials might even get to own a home if both their parents die.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ronwagn said:

. Social distancing is great. Early identification and treatment is great.

Social distancing is a Godsend! No longer do I need to manufacture an excuse to avoid people!

Every silver cloud has a lining!😂

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Social distancing is a Godsend! No longer do I need to manufacture an excuse to avoid people!

I was into social distancing and excessive hand washing before it was cool.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Everyone with cash on hand should benefit from this.

Slurp up defaults, expensive toys (boats, quads, snowmobiles, trucks, guns), and real estate.

Hate the game not the player, but this will make me more wealthy

If you aren't a millionaire you will at least be able to snap up cheap freezers, playstations and a years worth of toilet paper on ebay in about 1 months time when the people that panic bought them run out of money

Depression, Agoraphobia, Social anxiety, OCD is the new normal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Great isn't it 😂

• Haha 1

(edited)

Trending on Twitter #FilmYourHospital because ordinary people are not believing the media hyped panic.  See the 17 second video in the tweet:

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1244815059383189504

Many journalists are upset that #FilmYourHospital is trending worldwide w/ citizens going into the ER rooms and revealing wait times in all of the #coronavirus “hot bed” cities. 
While I am not endorsing this—it clearly represents a complete breakdown in our trust w/ the media.
Quote Tweet

Brandon Bowser
@brandonBowser10
 · 13h
#FilmYourHospital 

So St Luke's in Denver is a ghost town. One of the nurses told me That it was pretty slow. But that they were preparing for it to get busy. The emergency room was empty too.
Show this thread

(Unable to insert screencap of the tweet, forum keeps giving -200 error message)

Edited by Qanoil
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Qanoil said:

Trending on Twitter #FilmYourHospital because ordinary people are not believing the media hyped panic.

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1244815059383189504

Yeh it's the same here in the UK, they are dead. A friend of a friend had a minor motorcycle accident and needed stitches and there was no one in casualty which never ever happens here, normally you would be in for a 2-3 hour wait at best.

Our media has got bored and today they're attacking the police for being over-zealous. Funny considering it was the media that caused the hysteria in people who begged the police to take strong action against people traveling to beauty spots. In Derbyshire the police had been filming dog walkers in the countryside using drones and (thiks will make you laugh) they poured black die onto a small lake which is a popular place for people to take photographs to discourage them from going there.

It's funny but the police are only human and just as easily suckered by the media as anyone else, they must have had a tough time of it the last two weeks especially as people have been acting like maniacs.

11 hours ago, ronwagn said:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/a-shocking-correction-dr-fauci-went-from-a-possible-1-7-million-us-deaths-due-to-coronavirus-to-a-possible-200000-us-deaths-in-14-days/ I have stated that even 100,000 deaths in 30 days is a high number, Dr. Fauci yesterday said he thought 100,000 to 200,000 would die in the USA during the next 30 days. We will all watch with great interest I am sure. 

Shoot, Ron, they can pull 1-200k from the normal death rate for the United States and who will prove them wrong?

Deaths and Mortality  That link is to the CDC.

I read an interesting article about crunching the numbers a few days ago (can't find it again, sorry) that claimed that the number of deaths in and around these "epicenters" has not increased markedly over the normal numbers on average.  It also pointed out that the normal victims of flu are the elderly, the very young, and those with pre-existing conditions (sound familiar?).  And then it went on to point out a great many deaths of old, very young, or people with pre-existing conditions are being reported by the MSM as having died of ONLY the Coronavirus.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Food for thought....

• Like 2

On 3/29/2020 at 11:44 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

Lockdowns are a joke if you still allow for food and other deliveries by couriers ‘protected’ simply by masks and hand sanitizers.

Simply using nitrile gloves will stop infection cold. 

• Rolling Eye 1

5 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Shoot, Ron, they can pull 1-200k from the normal death rate for the United States and who will prove them wrong?

Deaths and Mortality  That link is to the CDC.

I read an interesting article about crunching the numbers a few days ago (can't find it again, sorry) that claimed that the number of deaths in and around these "epicenters" has not increased markedly over the normal numbers on average.  It also pointed out that the normal victims of flu are the elderly, the very young, and those with pre-existing conditions (sound familiar?).  And then it went on to point out a great many deaths of old, very young, or people with pre-existing conditions are being reported by the MSM as having died of ONLY the Coronavirus.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Food for thought....

CNN article from 2018

Screenshot_20200331-141520_Brave.thumb.jpg.53f58f779c42ee7ca62c234877186a0f.jpg

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/26/health/flu-deaths-2017--2018-cdc-bn/index.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Qanoil said:

Uh-huh!  Oh, and by the way, I remember that it wasn't an article I read; it was a video presentation I watched.  Well done and the man spoke with a calm voice and knowledgeable tone.  And then,.............................................................wait for it................................

A little bit more............................................................drum roll, please.........................................

He ended by saying that it was curious that the virus seemed to coincide with the rollout of 5G worldwide!  He needed more data about places where 5G had not yet been introduced, but..........Oh, for Pete's sake!  LOL!  Okay, that is when I closed that browser and found something more meaningful to do with my time.

• Haha 2

Frankly, It would be miracle if the US death number under a million digit.

It would be a fairy tale if the real number in China less than 1 million too !!!

Whether pandemic real or fake, you just ask your government to drink corona virus, just one only is enough.

Words are meaningless !

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

I have some information from a real nurse in the SE of England (thats where most cases are in the UK) working for the NHS

------------------

The hospital where X works has 4000 staff. 700 are currently off ill. Obviously not all with the virus but some have it or may have it and are isolating.

Beds that would normally be occupied are empty. This is in part due to the fact that most (but not all) elective surgery is suspended.

Currently 70 patients are hospitalised with Coronavirus. Some (I think the figure was 15 +) are ventilated. They are considering adding a secondary ITU though this isn’t yet in place. Preparations in other areas of the hospital are being made for a possible/likely influx of C19 patients.

Y asked what was the difference between this and SARS/previous flu epidemics. X's view is that with SARS it stayed mainly contained within Asia though they apparently lost many people through it. The difference this time is that what started again there has traveled, rapidly to the West. The peak is predicted in April.

When on wards with C19 patients staff wear the full rig, top to bottom with full face mask.

--------------------

Me

I think this may confirm what I have suspected, clearly some staff are at home some with CV-19 but testing for NHS has been very poor up to recently and if people can be asymptomatic or hardly show symptoms then it will obviously spread where the old and vulnerable are as they have poor immune systems. if this is proven to be the case this will be especially tragic as those workers are there to help however I'm not sure it can be helped even with the best PPE and screening etc.

There was some other stuff which I have left out as it is speculation.

My nephew is also a junior doctor with the NHS he is currently home (second time in 3 weeks!) due to having a fever and possible CV-19, he is young and healthy so even if so he should be fine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheSavior said:

Frankly, It would be miracle if the US death number under a million digit.

It would be a fairy tale if the real number in China less than 1 million too !!!

Whether pandemic real or fake, you just ask your government to drink corona virus, just one only is enough.

Words are meaningless !

How does one drink corona virus? Is it sold at Walmart?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Qanoil said:

How does one drink corona virus? Is it sold at Walmart?

TheSavior has the IQ of syphlitic roundworm, this type of ignorance is expected from him/her/it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/30/2020 at 8:00 AM, El Nikko said:

The problem with our lock downs is they are reducing the hours shops can be open which is funneling people into them in a smaller window of time, very foolish.

On 3/30/2020 at 8:46 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

We must assume (again..) that those making these ‘odd decisions’ are professionals in their fields with access to more accurate information than we have.

HEB, being a Texas-based grocery chain has had to contend with a few disasters, including a couple of good-sized hurricanes, and decided to prepare its own pandemic plan.  Included in their pandemic plan was reducing the store hours to 8am-8pm so that staff had time to restock.  I assume that's why they are making those lock-down decisions.

Great article on HEB's pandemic plan, including the fact that they didn't imagine the run on toilet paper.  https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/heb-prepared-coronavirus-pandemic/

• Like 1

Go to any hospital and ask for some corona virus. They will likely giving you in a liquid and to make it easier for drink/eat put a lot of water in it.

That how you receive corona virus.

• Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, TheSavior said:

Go to any hospital and ask for some corona virus. They will likely giving you in a liquid and to make it easier for drink/eat put a lot of water in it.

You first!

• Haha 1

This is the @IMHE_UW model for #Covid_19, the new US standard. It was put out SIX days ago (post lockdown). It projects New York State will have 50,000 hospitalizations TODAY. Instead NYS has 12,000. Wrong by 4x in under a week. What on earth are we doing? http://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
More crazy wrong guesses from the most renown scientists. Ala Global Warming hysteria. 
  • Like 1

I see Pelosi has now initiated a covid19 response witch hunt.

Is this really the time for this political nonsense?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ronwagn said:
This is the @IMHE_UW model for #Covid_19, the new US standard. It was put out SIX days ago (post lockdown). It projects New York State will have 50,000 hospitalizations TODAY. Instead NYS has 12,000. Wrong by 4x in under a week. What on earth are we doing? http://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
More crazy wrong guesses from the most renown scientists. Ala Global Warming hysteria. 

FiveThirtyEight has a decent explanation of various models and the difficulty in modelling something that we've never seen before. Some of the variance is because of different assumptions of how strict a lockdown will be, how contagious the virus is, the number of extremely mild and unreported cases, etc.

You can also see that various models show that New York could drop below 1000 cases/day by next week and others not until the end of next month.  https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/best-case-and-worst-case-coronavirus-forecasts-are-very-far-apart/

So why model? As the pandemic progresses we'll be able to use the more accurate models and assumptions to identify hotspots more accurately and (hopefully) deal with them before they become new breakouts. This should allow people to get back to work with some limits put in place. It'll also help us understand what the biggest spreading risks are. Is it being in close proximity (airborne) or touching surfaces then face?

Everything is a guess based on various assumptions. We need to find out which assumption is most correct to help us get back to a new normal.

11 hours ago, TheSavior said:

I think you'll find that's coffee!

• Haha 2