Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MM

Shale Vs. Renewables

Shale Vs. Renewables: Who Will Be Victorious?   4 members have voted

1. 1. US will soon be top producer of oil and gas thanks in no small part to the shale revolution. Will the United States' top dog status keep it from embracing renewables?

• Renewables will have a tough road ahead. Shale snowball is too big to stop now until we run out of oil.
    • Renewables are unstoppable. In today's climate, social pressures will soon force the US energy industry to adopt more climate-friendly ways

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Many see the US as mostly apathetic to the plight of the renewable energy industry. 

• Like 1

well the two choices given might be a bit overly simplistic and I would expect the reality to be somewhere in between. I don't see how the US can keep from jumping on the renewable bandwagon. Many Big Oil players are already dipping their toes into renewables. That said, shale--for the near future--will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come simply because the demand is there and people are not willing to pay more for renewables or to make the required sacrifices that would further the renewable industry. So many whining about climate--but few willing to participate in the change. I suspect the apathy is more widespread than the media make it out to be. 

• Upvote 1

Apathy and laziness, and the media is just dumping crap on everyone to boost traffic. This will all play out naturally, with renewables gradually gaining traction as they become more economically feasible.