Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DD

President vs. Dictator: Trump Agrees To Meet With North Korea's Kim Jong UN

The news of this decade: President Trump agrees to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong UN! Optimistic? Of course!

It will be good if talks have  positive approach and conclude in favor of global peace and prosperity.

No, they don't. It won't happen. Everyone hopes this but history shows it to be a false hope.

Why is this negative? Let’s see how it plays out after all the Winter Olympics was a success.

Spectacle or substance? Most likely this is a big show. Little to nothing permanent will result. This isn't the first time NK has made this move.

3 minutes ago, damirUSBiH said:

substance....

I'm going to go with "yes". But I'm also waiting for the Nixon-China comparisons to start.

Denuclearization of NK? He won’t. Never ever. He’ll never give up the nukes because that’s what keeps him in power. Simple.

13 years ago NK Kim jong Un father stated : ”If the military thread to NK disappear, there is no reason to have nuclear weapon".  And, what happened? Today they are stronger than ever. Denuclearization - mission Impossible.

This meeting is utterly ridiculous....  First, Trump (respectfully) is not knowledgeable enough in military strategic posturing to make a difference and, not withstanding the military itself having safeguards against any President's lack thereof making detrimental concessions no matter what the intent.....   

6 hours ago, lilloff said:

This meeting is utterly ridiculous....  First, Trump (respectfully) is not knowledgeable enough in military strategic posturing to make a difference and, not withstanding the military itself having safeguards against any President's lack thereof making detrimental concessions no matter what the intent.....   

Eh, I don't think it's ridiculous. I feel compelled to follow the story in the same way onlookers feel compelled to watch a car wreck on the freeway--just can't look away. I'm mildly intrigued and kinda scared all at the same time. I'm not expecting that World Peace will be the outcome here, but it is interesting, and I'm hopeful that at least something will come out of it. No nukes, though, is a bit of a stretch even for my imagination.