Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Regan

Covid19 not transferrable by food?- Apparently

I am a bit worried regarding the current news that stomach acids etc will kill the virus if its on food, so how do we eat it, it normally goes into the mouth. Next we will be told to stick it up our rectums.

This seems to have even the experts floundering, I don't know what to believe any more.

Is food delivery okay world famous Dr Sanjay Gupta said it was okay, does he have shares in Uber eats or iFood.

Confused

https://www.fda.gov/food/food-safety-during-emergencies/food-safety-and-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19

11 minutes ago, James Regan said:

I am a bit worried regarding the current news that stomach acids etc will kill the virus if its on food, so how do we eat it, it normally goes into the mouth. Next we will be told to stick it up our rectums.

If you put food up your butt, you are eating the wrong way.  Try the other end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you put your food in your butt, you’ve got a few more issues to worry about than the corona virus!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

If you put your food in your butt, you’ve got a few more issues to worry about than the corona virus!

like talking shit......

(edited)

The likelihood of getting infected by the virus through food is thought to be relatively minor when compared to the transmission between individuals. My friend cooked for me a delicious meal follwing best alfredo sauce recipe and send it all over the town. Even if, he was carrying the virus, I didn't get infected. Leading health organizations propose that the primary way the virus spreads is through respiratory droplets via close person-to-person interaction. Nevertheless, upholding good hygiene and adhering to food safety measures remains crucial when dealing with food, as contaminated surfaces might still have a role in potential transmission.

Edited by Ouallan

Um, Why are you necrothreading this of all things?  Besides: Surfaces of EVERYTHING hold virus's/bacteria.  They are COVERED in them.  Virus's float on the air via any air circulation from any surface.  Wearing a mask is beyond a joke.  The SMALLEST theoretical hole in a surgical grade mask is 95nm where majority are MUCH larger... Virus's are 2nm.  Any breath will bring in Floating virus's.  Bacteria are LARGER than the pore size in the mask and WHY one uses surgical masks to combat BACTERIAL transmission... This has been known for decades until everyone lost their minds in 2020 and decided snake oil salesmen and voodoo dolls were scientific...

• Like 1