Douglas Buckland

The Most Annoying Person You Have Encountered During Lockdown

(edited)

Okay, now for a bit of levity during these trying times!

Give a brief scenario or description of the most annoying person you have met during lockdown. Use your imagination, this thread is strictly for entertainment value.

Me first;

While trying to keep myself amused during house arrest, I invited a few (only three) of my less inhibited female associates over for some liquid refreshment. In this time of social distancing it is imperative that you know where all the holes in the fence are and the back-ways into buildings which avoid the security guys.

Anyhow, I got them upstairs without too much hassle and the refreshment began to flow. Eventually, the young ladies were dancing on the balcony and the neighbors and folks in the surrounding buildings didn’t appear to have any issues with my socializing.

Anyhow, the apartment manager showed up in a huff. She said that I was in contradiction of the lockdown rules. I asked, ‘How so? My guests are wearing masks.’

Well, apparently they should have had on something other than just masks and masks were supposed to cover parts of the anatomy associated with respiration. Who knew? I never saw this explicitly stated in the lockdown rules!

Anyhow, the killjoy apartment manager shut us down and now I am back in Big Boy lockdown.😖

Edited by Douglas Buckland
Typo
  • Haha 8

Everyone on Facebook...it's ok they've all gone quiet now

1581294445655.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

Everyone on Facebook...it's ok they've all gone quiet now

1581294445655.jpg

I guess I’m weird, in this day and age, as I have never had, or wanted to have, a Facebook account. Just don’t see the point in it. Another digital leash.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I guess I’m weird, in this day and age, as I have never had, or wanted to have, a Facebook account. Just don’t see the point in it. Another digital leash.

Yeh same here I only use it for annoying people 😂 I don't use my real name and only have 20 odd friends that get my strange sense of humour which I feel is quite an impressive figure.It is a horrible invention.

It never fails to amaze me how normal (the non gamer/troll) people use it and interact with each other in such a serious manner and this crisis really did bring out the worst in people.

If you think Facebook is bad then Twitter is on another level, you could say a target rich environment 😂

Years ago the internet had such a smaller population and people understood the unspoken rule of not rising to the bait.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Most definitely my Next door neighbours , a house full of students who have now flipped into Vampire mode, its great I wake up with my house filled with a weed filled aroma, I have convinced myself that I can catch CV19 from second hand smoke (dont now if thats the case). 

So as I am a light sleeper and very busy with designing technical Electro/Hydraulic systems for well control equipment, I grab a coffee, go right onto this site write a load of bad tempered shite and then when calm I move computers and go to work.

0800 Vampires are sleeping, I play very loud music all day, Vampires not phased wake up at 1900hrs and cycle continues, funnily enough my music taste is changing every day, I have started listening to the Grateful Dead and Frank Zappa again.

New KSA Oil Minister - Sheik YerBouti

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 08.17.37.png

Edited by James Regan
  • Haha 6

38 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Most definitely my Next door neighbours , a house full of students who have now flipped into Vampire mode, its great I wake up with my house filled with a weed filled aroma, I have convinced myself that I can catch CV19 from second hand smoke (dont now if thats the case). 

So as I am a light sleeper and very busy with designing technical Electro/Hydraulic systems for well control equipment, I grab a coffee, go right onto this site write a load of bad tempered shite and then when calm I move computers and go to work.

0800 Vampires are sleeping, I play very loud music all day, Vampires not phased wake up at 1900hrs and cycle continues, funnily enough my music taste is changing every day, I have started listening to the Grateful Dead and Frank Zappa again.

I went out and stole a bicycle today while listening to Cheap Trick!

Okay, ‘going out’ means walking around the apartment parking area for exercise. ‘...stole a bicycle’ was actually finding an abandoned bicycle in the parking garage with two flat tire but in pretty good shape otherwise. I rolled it up by my motorcycle. As it’s not mine, technically I stole it.

I’ll get it back roadworthy, oil and grease it, just for something to do. If the owner shows up he can take it away.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

31 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I went out and stole a bicycle today while listening to Cheap Trick!

Okay, ‘going out’ means walking around the apartment parking area for exercise. ‘...stole a bicycle’ was actually finding an abandoned bicycle in the parking garage with two flat tire but in pretty good shape otherwise. I rolled it up by my motorcycle. As it’s not mine, technically I stole it.

I’ll get it back roadworthy, oil and grease it, just for something to do. If the owner shows up he can take it away.

Oh Douglas you have just blown it, your a Hedonist Thief.

As for rolling it up to your motorcycle, get the bike fixed quickly 🤣🤣🤣

Like your get out at the end- but how do you know its a man? The poor Granny who got two punctures while getting her emergency supplies is now doomed.

" Okay, ‘going out’ means walking around the apartment parking area for exercise." - This commonly called Loitering with Intent. 😷🤫

Just found this Video of Dougie in Action.

Edited by James Regan
  • Haha 3

Does Granny ride a mountain bike sorta thing? Anyhow, she’ll see it when she pulls into the parking garage and it’ll be like new!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I always wondered what the LWI stood for on my rap sheet!🤔

• Haha 3

Heck I'm nice and comfy out here in the middle of nowhere.  Haven't met an annoying person in weeks.  Just some online trolls (like the Mandarin spam brigade that spews hundreds of spam threads here.)

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Does Granny ride a mountain bike sorta thing? Anyhow, she’ll see it when she pulls into the parking garage and it’ll be like new!

Apparently so....😎🤙🤙

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 07.56.51.png

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Heck I'm nice and comfy out here in the middle of nowhere.  Haven't met an annoying person in weeks.  Just some online trolls (like the Mandarin spam brigade that spews hundreds of spam threads here.)

Man, I’d be hunting every day there...season or not!😂

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Man, I’d be hunting every day there...season or not!😂

I'd love to live somewhere you could do that with out any permission or paying.

Just one man, his dog and a gun :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, James Regan said:

New KSA Oil Minister - Sheik YerBouti

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 08.17.37.png

My 20 year old grandaughter moved back with us and she is a vampire also. It is an advantage as far as I am concerned. My mother in law is on lockdown with us too. Fortunately I have an acre to escape on, a multipurpose room, and an extra garage. We have a big nature center nearby and a lake also. I am very fortunate. I can always go for a long drive too. No Northern Rockies vacation this year though! That is the worst. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, James Regan said:

It's good to have some structure in your life.

• Haha 5

(edited)

46 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

It's good to have some structure in your life.

On a serious note the Dookie just hit the fan, we have just had to crew up a Deepwater Drillship, we are now seeing things that happened after Macondo, different reasons but same reactions, its a crew change issue, however I believe that the current situation of the luxuries of easy work and short tips which most the chaff is accustomed to has hit home that this business is not for lounge lizards and sometimes you have to bite the bullet and ride out the storm, as we have done in the past. Any seasoned professional will have had at some point in their career been stranded in the middle of the sea for months with nothing you can do about it.

Now they are worried about itchy trigger fingers and people twisting off resulting in actions which may force a crew change, we all know how easy you can shut down a unit.

Perhaps this will separate the wheat from the chaff and we can get back to working for fair day rates and professionals doing serious job for equal compensation and not the slave labour currently being abused by the Industry. Oilfield reset looming

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, El Nikko said:

I'd love to live somewhere you could do that with out any permission or paying.

Just one man, his dog and a gun :)

You might try Limestone, TN....

image.png.8656a77ac2879c5ba040642a58b18fc7.png

Might even strike oil one day!

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, James Regan said:

and not the slave labour currently being abused by the Industry. Oilfield reset looming

Seriously? Is this what's currently happening? 

Just now, Gerry Maddoux said:

Is this irony or do I reply seriously? Dipping my toe in the water...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

I had my dog with me today, trying to help out at the hospital:

Hospital Hi-Jinx - In search of Healing

(Safe for work.  Oh, nobody's working.  Er, okay, safe if your wife catches you!)

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

One of my favorite days out ever, unfortunately I'm one of those people that hardly every takes photos

bag.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

I'm affraid that has been my experience. Every time I got a new assignment it wasn't long before the managers weould bring in people from cheaper countries and ask me to train them. As first I was more than happy to do so because I'm a nice guy and enjoy working with people from different parts of the worlds. It didn't take long before I saw my friends being laid off and replaced by these cheap new 'local' guys who could be paid a fraction of the price. I saw the writing on the wall and moved onwards and upwards only for it to happen again and again and again. I have no problem with them giving jobs to nationals but at the end it got to the point where it was obvious this was also happening in Europe as well and I'll bet the North Sea isn't anything like it was when I was working there. I guess this is what globalisation/corporatism is, just cheapest bums on seats regardless of experience and education. It's things like this that made people vote for Brexit and most likely Trump as well, we just want a fair shot and we can't compete with some guy who lives in Algeria earning $100 day. Now the oil industry is under so much pressure it's even worse, companies are just in a race to the bottom.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

One of my favorite days out ever, unfortunately I'm one of those people that hardly every takes photos

bag.jpg

Weeelll dogies!

3 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

This is my little bird dog, she's acocker spaniel and can be a bit of a handful although looking at her you would think  'butter wouldn't melt in her mouth' an old saying lol

xfxf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2

2 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

I'm affraid that has been my experience. Every time I got a new assignment it wasn't long before the managers weould bring in people from cheaper countries and ask me to train them. As first I was more than happy to do so because I'm a nice guy and enjoy working with people from different parts of the worlds. It didn't take long before I saw my friends being laid off and replaced by these cheap new 'local' guys who could be paid a fraction of the price. I saw the writing on the wall and moved onwards and upwards only for it to happen again and again and again. I have no problem with them giving jobs to nationals but at the end it got to the point where it was obvious this was also happening in Europe as well and I'll bet the North Sea isn't anything like it was when I was working there. I guess this is what globalisation/corporatism is, just cheapest bums on seats regardless of experience and education. It's things like this that made people vote for Brexit and most likely Trump as well, we just want a fair shot and we can't compete with some guy who lives in Algeria earning $100 day. Now the oil industry is under so much pressure it's even worse, companies are just in a race to the bottom.

Seen it my whole career, too.  Always training my replacements, to this day in fact.

• Like 2