Tom Kirkman

Iran-Turkey gas pipeline goes kaboom. Bad people blamed.

Those darn forgetful terrorists.  Blowing stuff up and not claiming credit.  Video of burny bangy boomy stuff in the link.

Iran-Turkey gas pipeline stops functioning after 'terrorist' attack – gas company official (VIDEO)

A senior official with Iran's state gas company has alleged that terrorists were behind an explosion and massive fire on the pipeline transporting natural gas from the Islamic Republic to Turkey.

"This morning, terrorists attacked a natural gas pipeline inside Turkey near Iran's Bazargan border with Turkey," National Iranian Gas Company (NIGC) Dispatching Director Mehdi Jamshidi Dana said on Tuesday, as cited by Reuters.

The official told IRNA that fighters from the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), a guerilla group active in eastern Turkey, have attacked the pipeline in the past. NIGC spokesperson Mohammad Asgari, meanwhile, described the blast as an "incident" without linking it to terrorism. According to the NIGC, at least one person was killed.

The explosion rocked the pipeline near the Gurbulak border gate with Iran in Turkey's eastern Agri Province around 6am local time. Turkish media reported that the loud blast sparked a massive fire that could be seen by residents in local villages, with flames rising up to 40 meters (131 feet).  ...

• Like 2

Maybe it's just me, but I'd believe those folks would know what is or is not a terrorist attack, and most likely by whom.....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Those darn forgetful terrorists.  Blowing stuff up and not claiming credit.  Video of burny bangy boomy stuff in the link.

Iran-Turkey gas pipeline stops functioning after 'terrorist' attack – gas company official (VIDEO)

A senior official with Iran's state gas company has alleged that terrorists were behind an explosion and massive fire on the pipeline transporting natural gas from the Islamic Republic to Turkey.

"This morning, terrorists attacked a natural gas pipeline inside Turkey near Iran's Bazargan border with Turkey," National Iranian Gas Company (NIGC) Dispatching Director Mehdi Jamshidi Dana said on Tuesday, as cited by Reuters.

The official told IRNA that fighters from the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), a guerilla group active in eastern Turkey, have attacked the pipeline in the past. NIGC spokesperson Mohammad Asgari, meanwhile, described the blast as an "incident" without linking it to terrorism. According to the NIGC, at least one person was killed.

The explosion rocked the pipeline near the Gurbulak border gate with Iran in Turkey's eastern Agri Province around 6am local time. Turkish media reported that the loud blast sparked a massive fire that could be seen by residents in local villages, with flames rising up to 40 meters (131 feet).  ...

I miss the Bangy Bangy and shooty shooty posts - Residents in local villages heard loud bangs, that would be the Syrians bombing refugees.

I dont think the PKK would do any such thing the statement is false. 

• Like 4

I only know one thing its wasn't TIBET they are far too nice.......

Those darn forgetful terrorists.

Maybe they were camera shy. Bad hair day...  lol 

On 4/1/2020 at 7:15 AM, Dan Warnick said:

Maybe it's just me, but I'd believe those folks would know what is or is not a terrorist attack, and most likely by whom.....

Well Dan, it becomes immaterial when everybody in the region is either a terrorist or a freedom fighter...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/1/2020 at 2:12 AM, James Regan said:

I miss the Bangy Bangy and shooty shooty posts - Residents in local villages heard loud bangs, that would be the Syrians bombing refugees.

I dont think the PKK would do any such thing the statement is false. 

I put some info about this in my yemen missile thread, the PKK took responsibility, it was apparently a 30 year old woman who used a suicide bomb and they claimed 30 turkish soldiers killed.

There are so many conflicts simmering away around the world right now there's plenty scope for more shooty shooty posts :)

• Like 1