Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FM

Chinese Future - New Forests The Size Of Ireland

China will plant new forests covering an area roughly the size of Ireland this year as it aims to increase forest coverage to 23 percent of its total landmass by the end of the decade. Planting trees has become a key part of China’s efforts to improve its environment and tackle climate change.

It shows China has put in effort and contributed to the global environment. But, still they have to do more... 

I don’t think China has shown it cares for the global environment. But now it’s a big problem with own pollution, and they have no choice..

9 minutes ago, Petar said:

I don’t think China has shown it cares for the global environment...

Meanwhile, China is moving rapidly to renewables, maybe will be green  more then you think. They play a longer game.

As the Chinese proverb says: "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Petar said:

I don’t think China has shown it cares for the global environment. But now it’s a big problem with own pollution, and they have no choice..

Regardless of the reasons, planting a ton of trees has to be good for the environment. Is it the final solution for China's growing pollution problems? Likely not. But it's certainly a step in the right direction.