Rodent

GM Calling for Premium Gas Only in Cars

Too little too late? Does it really matter? How much of an impact would this have on oil consumption? Would drivers be willing to pay this at the pump, especially with a proposed new gas tax? What benefit would this have for GM? https://www.forbes.com/sites/samabuelsamid/2018/03/12/gms-propulsion-chief-dan-nicholson-calls-for-premium-gas-to-be-the-new-regular/#55b9be276e9d

How much of a difference does is there between premium and non premium? What is the difference?

• Like 1

I guess no drivers would want to pay for this seeing as tesla is already offering free charging for its customers. The trend seems to be moving towards electric cars, not cars that run on gas.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, YXK said:

I guess no drivers would want to pay for this seeing as tesla is already offering free charging for its customers. The trend seems to be moving towards electric cars, not cars that run on gas.

I think this shift toward EVs is going to be slower than many suspect. Rural America is not on board, and California is delusionally thinking--as usual--that the rest of America thinks as they do. This is a bit over a year old, but here's what EV adoption looks like by state:

US EV Sales - Market Share By State-2016

I'm honestly surprised oil-laden Texas made the list at all.