Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VK

"You May Die on My Spaceship to Mars," Said Musk While Announcing It Could Be Ready For Test Flights In 2019

The privately-funded venture, announced in September 2017, aims to send a cargo mission to the Red Planet by 2022. SpaceX's ultimate objective is to plant the seeds to put a human colony on Mars. Musk announced that they are building the first Mars or interplanetary ship which will be able to short trips by first half of next year, joking about potentially missing the timeline. Musk admitted there is a “good chance” the first passengers his company sends to Mars will die. Would you be his first passenger to Mars?

• Upvote 1

Could anyone define what does short trip to Mars mean? 

• Upvote 1

"Although sometimes, my timelines are a little, you know"... No kidding. We haven't notice that. 

So first passengers would probably die. Hmm, I got a few of people on my mind for first passengers.  

1 minute ago, Selvedina said:

So first passengers would probably die. Hmm, I got a few of people on my mind for first passengers.  

The competition is really huge. Let's start with politicians. 

Well that would be indeed "Small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" 

When does he, Elon Musk, plan on making the journey to Mars himself? That's the ship I want to be on, because that's the one he expects to make it there!

• Upvote 3

On 3/13/2018 at 1:42 AM, Adam Varga said:

"Although sometimes, my timelines are a little, you know"... No kidding. We haven't notice that. 

xD Nice of him to acknowledge it.

The way things are going on Earth I'm increasingly willing to consider risking it all on an early flight to Mars.