Tom Kirkman

Trump will meet with executives in the energy industry to discuss the impact of COVID-19

Today, President Donald J. Trump will meet with executives in the energy industry to discuss the impact of COVID-19 and recent developments in energy markets.

The following individuals are expected to attend:

The White House
President Donald J. Trump
Vice President Mike Pence
Mark Meadows, Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff
Jared Kushner, Assistant to the President and Senior Advisor
Marc Short, Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff to the Vice President
Larry Kudlow, Assistant to the President and Director of the National Economic Council
Dan Scavino, Assistant to the President and Senior Advisor for Digital Strategy

Trump Administration
Secretary David Bernhardt, United States Department of Interior
Secretary Dan Brouillette, United States Department of Energy
Ambassador Robert Lighthizer, United States Trade Representative

Members of Congress
Senator John Cornyn, R-TX
Senator Kevin Cramer, R-ND
Senator Ted Cruz, R-TX
Senator Dan Sullivan, R-AK
Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-CA

External Participants
Greg Garland, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Phillips 66
Dave Hager, President and Chief Executive Officer, Devon Energy Corporation
Harold Hamm, Executive Chairman, Continental Resources
Jeff Hildebrand, Chief Executive Officer, Hilcorp Energy Company
Vicki Hollub, President and Chief Executive Officer, Occidental Petroleum Corporation
Mike Sommers, President and Chief Executive Officer, American Petroleum Institute
Kelcy Warren, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Energy Transfer Partners
Mike Wirth, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Chevron Corporation
Darren Woods, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Exxon Mobil Corporation

============================================================

Public Pool is an automated feed of White House press pool reports. For live updates, follow @WHPublicPool on Twitter.

https://publicpool.kinja.com/subject-in-town-pool-report-7-attendees-at-energy-m-1842666700

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Trump to Meet With U.S. Oil CEOs to Discuss Aid for the Industry

President Trump will meet with the leaders of several large U.S. oil companies on Friday, according to a report by The Wall Street Journal. The newspaper's sources said that the meeting would include the CEOs of ExxonMobil (NYSE:XOM), Chevron (NYSE:CVX), and Occidental Petroleum (NYSE:OXY) as well as the founder and executive chairman of Continental Resources (NYSE:CLR). They'll discuss measures they would like the government to take to help the U.S. oil industry survive the crash in oil prices being driven by the COVID-19 pandemic on the one hand, and Saudi Arabia and Russia boosting supply in a price war on the other.

Those rock-bottom crude prices claimed their first victim Wednesday as one of North Dakota's leading producers, Whiting Petroleum, filed for bankruptcy.  

Trump will reportedly discuss potential aid to the industry, which could include putting tariffs on oil imports from Saudi Arabia, as well as a waiver of the Jones Act, which requires that American vessels be used to transport goods like oil between U.S. ports.

Beyond the issue of low oil prices, another big problem for the industry is the lack of storage space for oil. With demand plunging and supply from Russia and Saudi Arabia surging, U.S. players are producing more than they can sell or store. One solution under consideration is allowing the industry to lease space in the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve. The country can currently store an additional 77 million barrels in former salt caverns in Texas and Louisiana before those underground reservoirs reach capacity. 

Trump also recently spoke with Russian President Putin about the possibility that the two countries could work together to stabilize the oil market. Meanwhile, Texas's oil regulator met with members with OPEC to discuss ways to potentially curb the oversupply issues. One potential outcome of these talks would be a coordinated production cut involving not only Russia and members of OPEC, but also U.S. oil producers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Right now all members need to get on board with not only immediate cuts. They also need to address the underlying issues that lead to this mess.

OPEC + and Texas must start working in a more homogenous manner lest the industry continue too eat it's young...

Hopefully somewhere in these talks is what to do with/about Iran (Persia) & Venezuela.  Both have vast reserves and train wreck economies.  Neither at the moment has an ideal governmental situation available for negotiations; but we can't let that stand in the way of possibly grasping the bull by the horns. Establishing workable rules by which the industry moves forward post COVID-19.

Maybe the Presidents staff work well enough with their Russian counterparts, that rough edges between Putin & MBS are tempered. Whereby those issues that caused them to walk away from the table, are removed allowing everyone to sit down and hammer out a workable resolution. Before we've crossed the 'event horizon' thus casting all into a blackhole from which no one escapes...

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Prometheus1354 said:

that rough edges between Putin & MBS are tempered. 

MbS is the rough edge. Has the manifest destiny, absolutely monarchy, chosen by God to lead. Cannot, will not, answer to anyone buy himself. 

Funny thing about God. God respects physics, chemistry, the rule of life. Perhaps because he/she created them. Or maybe just having a laugh at twisted believers who think God bends to them because they believe when the very behavior shows they do not.

• Like 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

See how the normal flu is doing this year. 24,000 deaths so far this year. This is with a widely used vaccine available. How is the reportage?
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

Flu Activity & Surveillance

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, John Foote said:

MbS is the rough edge. Has the manifest destiny, absolutely monarchy, chosen by God to lead. Cannot, will not, answer to anyone buy himself. 

Funny thing about God. God respects physics, chemistry, the rule of life. Perhaps because he/she created them. Or maybe just having a laugh at twisted believers who think God bends to them because they believe when the very behavior shows they do not.

First, Putin is essentially a dictator-for-life as well.

Secondly, I sincerely doubt that you know the mind of God. Just a guess....

(edited)

56 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

See how the normal flu is doing this year. 24,000 deaths so far this year. This is with a widely used vaccine available. How is the reportage?
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

Flu Activity & Surveillance

What about this...  Thankfully an extra bad flu didn't overlap with this.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Covid deaths will decrease flu deaths, and other death causes....

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

What about this...  Thankfully an extra bad flu didn't overlap with this.

Yep, I guess Covid19 is not technically a “extra bad flu”....🤔

Are you a natural idiot, or do you have to work at it?

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Yep, I guess Covid19 is not technically a “extra bad flu”....🤔

Are you a natural idiot, or do you have to work at it?

It is not a flu.

I am abnormal; failure to understand me makes simpletons think I am an idiot. I assure you I can take you to school...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

It is not a flu.

I am abnormal; failure to understand me makes simpletons think I am an idiot. I assure you I can take you to school...

You missed the point re the corona virus being a ‘extra bad flu’, but not to worry, we have come to expect this from you. No harm, no foul.

On the topic of taking me to school - perhaps/likely on some issues, but I would guess that I would smoke you on others. This is a common state of affairs UNLESS you are saying that you are an expert in all fields of human endeavor - are you?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

You missed the point re the corona virus being a ‘extra bad flu’, but not to worry, we have come to expect this from you. No harm, no foul.

On the topic of taking me to school - perhaps/likely on some issues, but I would guess that I would smoke you on others. This is a common state of affairs UNLESS you are saying that you are an expert in all fields of human endeavor - are you?

You absolutely know more about certain topics.  I've never worked on an oil rig.

Edited by Enthalpic

1 minute ago, Enthalpic said:

You certainly know more about certain topics.  I've never worked on an oil rig.

Oh, I know alot about more than just oil rigs! I even have a couple of degrees!

It’s the School of Hard Knocks which is most important in life. 

The smartest people I met in the drilling business did NOT have any degrees!

• Upvote 2

Just now, Douglas Buckland said:

My smartest friend has no degree.  Journeyman mechanic who got sick of busting his knuckles on cars and went back to school to become a technical school power engineer (no degree).

Dude makes more in one year than I did in 4 as a university level chemist.

He still has his job running a SAGD plant.  They don't lay off the brains. You can't be my friend if you are stupid.

• Upvote 1

That is making the assumption that ‘stupid’ people desire to be friends with you....

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I am extremely impressed by your life and what you have done. I would have never been able to do the fantastic things you have done in the oilfields and seas. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

2 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

That is making the assumption that ‘stupid’ people desire to be friends with you....

No, I don't want them

I tell many on this forum to fuck off daily

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 2

Just now, ronwagn said:

I am extremely impressed by your life and what you have done. I would have never been able to do the fantastic things you have done in the oilfields and seas. 

Sure you could Ron! It started out as an adventure which gradually became a career. Just like anything, you learn by doing.

There are a bunch of folks on this forum who have impressed me with their knowledge and experience in fields I knew very little about prior to reading their posts.

Everyone brings something different to the table!

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

You can actually train a monkey to work in the oilfield (see @James Regan)😂

He still has a few issues regarding superchargers on 292 small block Fords, but we’re working on that....

• Haha 3
  • Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Sure you could Ron! It started out as an adventure which gradually became a career. Just like anything, you learn by doing.

There are a bunch of folks on this forum who have impressed me with their knowledge and experience in fields I knew very little about prior to reading their posts.

Everyone brings something different to the table!

Thanks, Douglas.  LOL!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

You can actually train a monkey to work in the oilfield (see @James Regan)😂

He still has a few issues regarding superchargers on 292 small block Fords, but we’re working on that....

I tend to get this a lot, you know like James here's  a job for you, theres a village looking for an Idiot etc etc. I had friends like that also when I was 7, "bet you can't hit that window with a rock". Don't mistake the fact that just because I joke around and say the odd thing thats off the beaten path that I am a fool. No degrees here just a lifetime of watching and learning Monkey see Monkey do....

I was trained by a Driller who couldn't write, yes he was American, and in a well control situation he didn't need a kick sheet, and I wouldn't have wanted to have anyone else by my side during such episodes which were various.

Problem with people with degrees they tend to have an air about them which makes them feel important and smarter than others, not the case really you just have an aptitude of being able to retain information and then reproduce it at a certain time during a test. My degree is still ongoing longest one possible.

Yes I'm still breaking windows, and glad I ran away and joined the circus while most pussies were being spoon fed.

Now throw me a banana.....

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

“ I had friends like that also when I was 7...”

Shame you can’t say that now....😂

(edited)

17 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

“ I had friends like that also when I was 7...”

Shame you can’t say that now....😂

What friends or hanging around with 7 year olds, please clarify before we continue, I think I know you well enough, I manage to keep you entertained so Im good with that the court requires a Jester.

Lets get the small block blown and running.

Edited by James Regan
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, James Regan said:

What friends or hanging around with 7 year olds, please clarify before we continue, I think I know you well enough, I manage to keep you entertained so Im good with that the court requires a Jester.

Lets get the small block blown and running.

No, no, no!!!! The 2 x 4bbl intake manifold with the 2 500 cfm Edelbrocks!

• Haha 1