Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP

Ford Recalls 1.38 Million Vehicles (North America) For Loose Steering Wheel Bolt

Ford Motor Co it is recalling 1.38 million vehicles in North America for potentially loose steering wheel bolts that could detach, in an issue linked to two accidents and one injury. The second largest U.S. automaker said the recall covers 2014 through 2018 model year Ford Fusion cars and 2014-2018 Lincoln MKZ vehicles built at plants in Michigan and Mexico. Dealers will replace the steering wheel bolt with a longer bolt.

Not good, but better than recalling for air bag shrapnel that can kill you.

Thanks for the warning. Makes driving a Ford product WAY more exciting—waiting for the steering wheel to come off in your hands!

• Like 1

I remember in 2011, GM recalled 2,100 Cruze cars because the steering wheel could detach. And, two year after, It issued a separate recall for about 150 Buick Encore SUVs over the same issue.

Every few years the same problem, just different automaker...My choice - Ev's definitely..

1 minute ago, Pavel said:

Every few years the same problem, just different automaker...My choice - Ev's definitely..

I don't see why EVs would be any better

7 minutes ago, Rodent said:

I don't see why EVs would be any better

I did not hear that they recalled the vehicles because of these failures. They have other problems....

As I remember, seven months ago Ford had to petition to avoid immediate recall of 2.2 million vehicles with Takata air-bag inflators

Some of my friends have this type of Ford and thy never had a problem... It varies from car to car.

You need to tell them for this recall, ASAP

Customers are notified of the recall automatically.

Of all the things you want to ensure you secure to the car, I would think the steering wheel would be in the top five. Because of that, this is very serious mistake...goodbye Ford, welcome BMW:)

7 minutes ago, Pavel said:

Of all the things you want to ensure you secure to the car, I would think the steering wheel would be in the top five. Because of that, this is very serious mistake...goodbye Ford, welcome BMW:)

The steering wheel seems important, yes. Right behind the brakes. Although there are worse--or equally as bad--possibilities, such as BMW's recall of 1.4 million vehicles that were at risk of catching fire. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/11/03/fire-hazard-bmw-recalls-1-4-m-vehicles-due-risk-under-hood-fires/828690001/ they said the risk was "very low" but still. I doubt the steering wheel incident was a high probability of falling off either--still, unacceptable.

• Upvote 1

stock hovering around $11 now. it's so low it barely responds to major things like recalls these days.