BB

Trump will be holding back funds that were going to W.H.O. Good move

(edited)

On 4/12/2020 at 10:34 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

Of course they locked down 50 million people AFTER 5 million had left the area AND the world was about to find out that China infected them.

Did China ever lockdown international travel once they knew they had a problem? If so, when.

And Trump closed off travel from Europe long after the virus was running rampant in the US. And he still didn't push hard for proper testing in the US. And this was two months AFTER it was obvious that the virus was going global.

Now you guys are complaining about WHO even though they were FAR MORE HAWKISH on the virus than Trump ever was. And you're defending the Administration when it did a miserable job compared to almost every other country out there? The only ones worse to date have been Iran, Brazil, the UK, and perhaps Italy and France.

So why are you guys attack the group that was the one working to get virus samples out of China to create tests and meanwhile praising the guy who led the shambolic American response?

What gives?

Edited by Geoff Guenther
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Geoff Guenther said:

And Trump closed off travel from Europe long after the virus was running rampant in the US. And he still didn't push hard for proper testing in the US. And this was two months AFTER it was obvious that the virus was going global.

Now you guys are complaining about WHO even though they were FAR MORE HAWKISH on the virus than Trump ever was. And you're defending the Administration when it did a miserable job compared to almost every other country out there? The only ones worse to date have been Iran, Brazil, the UK, and perhaps Italy and France.

So why are you guys attack the group that was the one working to get virus samples out of China to create tests and meanwhile praising the guy who led the shambolic American response?

What gives?

We’re simply a bunch of rednecked American hillbillies, you cannot seriously expect us to compete with the genetically superior Europeans on the world stage, can you?

Just ignore us and carry on with whatever it is you are doing. We’ll either destroy ourselves...or not.

7 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

We’re simply a bunch of rednecked American hillbillies, you cannot seriously expect us to compete with the genetically superior Europeans on the world stage, can you?

Just ignore us and carry on with whatever it is you are doing. We’ll either destroy ourselves...or not.

FYI, I'm a Canadian who spent half his life in the US and now lives in the UK. I'll be the first to admit that the problems in the UK are multiples worse that the US. The government still seems to be pursuing herd immunity and is reporting only half the actual death toll (care homes, for instance, are omitted).

4 hours ago, Geoff Guenther said:

What gives?

1) President Trump was going on data released by the CCP (that there was no person-to-person transmission of the virus). No matter how awful the tensions between nations, it is an unspoken humanitarian rule that presidents and even dictators tell the truth about the vector of communicable diseases arising in their country. Xi didn't do this. The world is paying a horrible price. Xi will pay too, at some point, in some way.

2) President Trump reacted quickly to this threat. In fact, he took a beating in the press for "over-reacting" to the threat, "shutting down commerce" and "worsening relations between the US and China." (Paraphrased.) 

3) WHO absolutely refused to call this a pandemic until my dog could see that it had spread worldwide. WHO praised Xi and China for their containment and data-sharing contribution to world health and safety even as a viral diaspora from China took hold in every nook and cranny of the world. 

4) I've not always been a cheerleader of Mr. Trump's, but as soon as it was determined that person-to-person transmission was occurring, he got in gear and assembled around him as good a team as possible. I'm not sure that we should blame Mr. Trump for not seeing to the masks and ventilators, the testing kits and reagents--surely someone else is in charge of this. By presidential authority using more or less war powers, he directed a reluctant General Motors to begin making ventilators, which looked like a fairly strong stance, to me. 

5) If a man uses "shambolic" to describe another man's effort, he should offer a reasonable explanation how it could have been handled better, given the assurances by Mr. Xi that this was not a communicable disease by spray or touch. Looking at the roster of nations, I don't see anyone handling it better. Closing the country took guts. Reopening it will require more. Throughout this whole trying event, the president has demonstrated leadership abilities, looks rested, and seems comfortable in his own skin. Men who've screwed the pooch don't generally retain those features.  

6) "What gives?" you asked. From my independent position, it would appear that at a time when we should be coming together behind our president, who is clearly doing everything in his power to get us through this mess economically intact, there are many who are resorting to destructive politics as usual. This is wartime. This virus, inaccurately advertised by the president of China, poses an existential threat to the economic viability of the world, not just the US. In wartime, people get behind their leader. 

• Great Response! 2
  • Rolling Eye 2

(edited)

See, there you go again. The president dismantles the pandemic response team, refuses to listen (or fires) anyone calling concern, whose departments delayed virus test for six weeks because no one knew what was going on. 

And now you want to blame WHO for Trump's myriad failings because of how they define the word "pandemic"?  How about all of Trump's praising of China's leadership?

What do you call a guy who doles out emergency PPE and ventilators to companies to sell rather than sending them to hotspots? What do you call a guy who spends the majority of his time trying to use the virus for political gain rather than stemming its spread? Corrupt doesn't begin to describe it.

You can't have it both ways. WHO did two things that you disagree with and you damn them.  Then you turn around and give love to the the most powerful man in the world who did EVERYTHING worse that WHO, including telling infected people to go to work.

Yes, you see a blip as people pull behind the leader. But watch it drop as people discover that he's not a wartime leader and his only redeeming quality is constant spin, spin, spin.
image.png.aa6fa029a859661125b4f6d3ffa000ec.png

Edited by Geoff Guenther
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Geoff Guenther said:

See, there you go again. The president dismantles the pandemic response team, refuses to listen (or fires) anyone calling concern, whose departments delayed virus test for six weeks because no one knew what was going on. 

And now you want to blame WHO for Trump's myriad failings because of how they define the word "pandemic"?  How about all of Trump's praising of China's leadership?

What do you call a guy who doles out emergency PPE and ventilators to companies to sell rather than sending them to hotspots? What do you call a guy who spends the majority of his time trying to use the virus for political gain rather than stemming its spread? Corrupt doesn't begin to describe it.

You can't have it both ways. WHO did two things that you disagree with and you damn them.  Then you turn around and give love to the the most powerful man in the world who did EVERYTHING worse that WHO, including telling infected people to go to work.

Yes, you see a blip as people pull behind the leader. But watch it drop as people discover that he's not a wartime leader and his only redeeming quality is constant spin, spin, spin.

It is interesting to witness the uniformity of organized resistance movements. A distinct pattern has been emerging for 3+ years. A uniform messaging of rumor has It. And I must say very well written.

Soon what happened will be exposed..It will be interesting to see this trail of failure...along with accountability. To think a team of could have stopped a world in its tracks on a moment's notice is perhaps the most uberis thinking ive yet to see.

However one communist country did as much did they not. A note here...most of the world countries are not communists nor will their citzens accept their practices. Free society's have and will pay a heavy price...accountability will be first and foremost...with very little rumor has it.

^

Well, Geoff, as much as I'd like, I can't help you. 

You're why we have a Democratic Party.

Oh, I forgot, you're Canadian, aren't you?

29 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

^

Well, Geoff, as much as I'd like, I can't help you. 

You're why we have a Democratic Party.

Oh, I forgot, you're Canadian, aren't you?

I remember the other day I was also accused of being a Canadian...that really hurt my feelings 😂

Sorry Canadian bros...I'm sure some of you are ok

• Haha 1

(edited)

On 4/13/2020 at 8:55 AM, Geoff Guenther said:

What gives?

Trump did push for testing.  CDC insisted on developing the test kit, distributing the tests and analyzing the tests.  The CDC failed miserably . U.S. lost 4 critical weeks.  How was Trump to know.  Blame CDC Director Redfield.

Even when we finally learned it could be transmitted human to human we were told ONLY BY TOUCH.  NOT AIRBORNE.  

Health officials around the country repeated this bad advice. 

World Health Organization would not even call it a pandemic until March 11th. 

Dr. Fauci told the country we had nothing to worry about even in February. 

WHO says blame China .  Tedros is a Chinese puppet.  That's a fact.  U.S. provided $480 million to WHO, China $68. Most of the $480 million was above and beyond the base contribution.  Imagine what good the U.S. could provide the world with $480 million .

U.S. tried to get CDC in China.  A 3 person resident office in Beijing asked for information and was refused info.  

Who was kept out of Hubie/Wuhan for months.  When they were finally allowed in they could not talk to anyone or go where they wanted. With all that Tedros gave China glowing reviews and blindly supported the Chinese propaganda. 

Edited by BLA
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 2:36 AM, Geoff Guenther said:

The little attachment at the bottom of your rant tells me all that I need to know about you, how our values do not line up, and that your arrogance knows no bounds.

Furthermore, why do foreigners get so annoyed with Trump? Are your leaders so exceptional that you feel the need to attack Trump?

• Great Response! 1

On 4/14/2020 at 1:50 AM, Gerry Maddoux said:

1) President Trump was going on data released by the CCP (that there was no person-to-person transmission of the virus). No matter how awful the tensions between nations, it is an unspoken humanitarian rule that presidents and even dictators tell the truth about the vector of communicable diseases arising in their country. Xi didn't do this. The world is paying a horrible price. Xi will pay too, at some point, in some way.

2) President Trump reacted quickly to this threat. In fact, he took a beating in the press for "over-reacting" to the threat, "shutting down commerce" and "worsening relations between the US and China." (Paraphrased.) 

3) WHO absolutely refused to call this a pandemic until my dog could see that it had spread worldwide. WHO praised Xi and China for their containment and data-sharing contribution to world health and safety even as a viral diaspora from China took hold in every nook and cranny of the world. 

4) I've not always been a cheerleader of Mr. Trump's, but as soon as it was determined that person-to-person transmission was occurring, he got in gear and assembled around him as good a team as possible. I'm not sure that we should blame Mr. Trump for not seeing to the masks and ventilators, the testing kits and reagents--surely someone else is in charge of this. By presidential authority using more or less war powers, he directed a reluctant General Motors to begin making ventilators, which looked like a fairly strong stance, to me. 

5) If a man uses "shambolic" to describe another man's effort, he should offer a reasonable explanation how it could have been handled better, given the assurances by Mr. Xi that this was not a communicable disease by spray or touch. Looking at the roster of nations, I don't see anyone handling it better. Closing the country took guts. Reopening it will require more. Throughout this whole trying event, the president has demonstrated leadership abilities, looks rested, and seems comfortable in his own skin. Men who've screwed the pooch don't generally retain those features.  

6) "What gives?" you asked. From my independent position, it would appear that at a time when we should be coming together behind our president, who is clearly doing everything in his power to get us through this mess economically intact, there are many who are resorting to destructive politics as usual. This is wartime. This virus, inaccurately advertised by the president of China, poses an existential threat to the economic viability of the world, not just the US. In wartime, people get behind their leader. 

Wow, I am just amazed at how people can make false facts appear convincing.  How do you know what Xi told Trump? As if you were there while them talked,  Enough of empty words. Let's look at facts:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/30/cdc-confirms-first-human-to-human-transmission-of-coronavirus-in-us.html

This is a new article published on CNBC on Jan 30, which reported HUMAN-TO-HUMAN transmission by the CDC.  So even if Trump didn't know any better earlier than CNBC released the article (LOL, not likely), he should have known by then.  

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-concerned-china-covering-full-extent-coronavirus-outbreak/story?id=68824019

For the record, Trump spoke to Xi in February  AFTER  CDC already confirmed human to human transmission earlier.  Does anyone really think these world leaders are just stupid (that Xi would lie to Trump about no human-to-human trasmisson and Trump would believe it?!) ?   Btw, back then Trump said China is doing "a very good job."  LOL.

On 4/13/2020 at 5:55 AM, Geoff Guenther said:

What gives?

What gives....That is the million dollar question. 

A simple answer the virus was here and nothing in the world could stop it.

Now let's test your critical thinking skills...first do the math..Ok I want 300 million tests done in 4 days...or 4 weeks or 4months... Ohh by the way there is no infrastructures on earth that can test and process that much information.

Let's assume some magic genie performs this miracle...Now what. Ok folks there's a fire in the theatre but no place to go...your infected time to die.

Use critical thinking here...ok I'm positive..Now what...cry HAVOC 

On 4/7/2020 at 8:51 PM, Meredith Poor said:

This is the wrong time to turn the WHO into a geopolitical football.

You're too late 

China turned WHO (and other agencies) into a political football years ago. 

• Great Response! 1

On 4/12/2020 at 1:53 AM, playerone2018 said:

Let's run a fact check here.  Guess who tweeted: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA,” in late February?  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-coronavirus-response-squandered-time/2020/03/07/5c47d3d0-5fcb-11ea-9055-5fa12981bbbf_story.html

Would that be Dithering Donnie The Toxic Orange Stain our Biohazard in Chief ☣️ who was too busy playing with his “Putter” to do his job? 

we need Testing Testing Testing and more testing. The numbers in USA are unknown and unknowable without yes Testing. 

Dithering Donnie didn’t want a Cruise Ship to dock and offload its passengers because of what? “The numbers” 

Wake up the wrong time to defund a World Health Organization is during a Global Pandemic. The level of ignorance on display in many posts is staggering. 

Regarding China Wet Markets just ban Bat Eating period over. Leave the Coronavirus hosts alone in their caves. If you’re going to study live virus do it in a level 4 biolab not a level 2. There should be an international system of punishments for coverups. The Dr who tried to sound the alarm but was arrested and had to write a self criticism should be an international hero and example. 

Stop eating Bats. Don’t defund the only international body with any expertise on fighting global infectious diseases. Dithering Donnie is never responsible for anything and always blaming others. That’s pathetic. He is The one who blew it, ignored his PDB watches TV like Chauncey Gardiner in Peter Sellers “Being There” and some of you people are suckers, duped or rubes, that believe him and the State Propaganda network Fox News that also contributed to misleading its viewers about the threat. Dithering Donnie was praising his “Good Friend President Xi” (seriously is anyone fooled) while pretending the virus 🦠 was a, get this “Democratic Hoax” if you are too stupid to recognize The Big Lies like “No Obstruction no collusion” or “Perfect Call” or any of the constantly repeated attempts to rewrite history you are prime candidates for Trump University where a multiple bankrupt failed business clown will sell you nothing but a dream and pay a $25 million dollar settlement to make it go away. Dithering Donnie the career criminal can’t even run a charity because he stole from it. Believe him at this perilous time or any time and you only have yourself to blame. China has a million people in concentration camps brainwashing them, using them as slave labor and don’t even get me started on the organ harvesting. But the body count in USA is on Dithering Donnie. The WHO offered us test, we declined. Our CDC defunded by Dithering Donnie put out a flawed test. More time was lost. In February he Dithered didn’t secure Masks, Vents or other PPE materials like a real leader should have. Now it’s “Squirrel” look the WHO is to blame for his Dithering and boneheaded failure to do his job. His job is to protect this country and its citizens. This is an epic failure of global proportions. Where once American leadership would have galvanized the worldwide response this putz plays the blame game. My mother was right when she told me some people never grow up. We have toddler playing President* on TV. Thousands have died because this Toxic Orange Stain can’t put our Country and it’s Citizens first. He puts his fragile ego first above everything all the time. He is a disgrace a disgusting person with no obvious redeeming soicial qualities that are evident. “MAGA = Make the Asshole Go Away” Those who support him after all his lies and fraud are no better than cultists like in North Korea unable to see how clearly incompetent and unsuited he is for leadership. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/15/trump-china-coronavirus-188736

75795416-731B-4051-A0DC-43741B92D8F4.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Hypocrite said:

Would that be Dithering Donnie The Toxic Orange Stain our Biohazard in Chief ☣️ who was too busy playing with his “Putter” to do his job? 

Jeez, do I have to do everything around here? Too long of a nickname, it won't stick.  You need something shorter and catchier.

Orange Smurf

DJ TP

Carrot Tippy Top

Trollman Polanski

Trumplestilskin

Plague President

President Pandemic

Agolf Hitler

Since I'm not in marketing, I'm open to ideas.  But a nine word nickname is too long.

Us stupid Trump supporter cultists with zero critical thinking skillz will melt down in wailing tears if you insult our Dear Dictator with bad names.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

What gives....That is the million dollar question. 

A simple answer the virus was here and nothing in the world could stop it.

Now let's test your critical thinking skills...first do the math..Ok I want 300 million tests done in 4 days...or 4 weeks or 4months... Ohh by the way there is no infrastructures on earth that can test and process that much information.

Let's assume some magic genie performs this miracle...Now what. Ok folks there's a fire in the theatre but no place to go...your infected time to die.

Use critical thinking here...ok I'm positive..Now what...cry HAVOC 

WHO knew, and they warned the world starting the 5th of January. Germany, South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan all sprang into action and have done a very successful job based on the work WHO provided. 

It's a shame when a leader is so allergic to expertise he has to fire everyone except his family. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/13/2020 at 7:50 PM, Gerry Maddoux said:

Gerry, 

I really enjoy reading your posts, but I do not understand your stance on this. Are you seriously claiming that the US will all their intelligence resources could not figure out how bad this was? Seriously? 

@Tom Kirkman pointed out in January that this virus could wreck havoc on the global economy. So, this info was available on an oil forum, but not available to the president of the US of A? 

• Upvote 2

On 4/13/2020 at 5:36 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

Recognizing the problem is the first step... 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Gerry, 

I really enjoy reading your posts, but I do not understand your stance on this. Are you seriously claiming that the US will all their intelligence resources could not figure out how bad this was? Seriously? 

@Tom Kirkman pointed out in January that this virus could wreck havoc on the global economy. So, this info was available on an oil forum, but not available to the president of the US of A? 

For reference, my opening comment on 24th January:

But this Coronavirus at that time was generally considered to be not a threat.  My comment at that time was a rogue outlier, definitely against general consensus.

The first response by others to my opening remarks was

"This is such utter bullshit."

And the second response was

"Utter Claptrap Clickbait BS."

Trump has been fought tooth and nail by the media every step of the way, no matter what he does.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Geoff Guenther said:

WHO knew, and they warned the world starting the 5th of January. Germany, South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan all sprang into action and have done a very successful job based on the work WHO provided. 

It's a shame when a leader is so allergic to expertise he has to fire everyone except his family. 

Again and actually not to be to critical here it seems you have never been involved in a large logistical effort. All of the named countries combined do not make up the population size of the US. Ohh and then there are the Opinions

So now that we are into it would you plz demonstrate the recommendations that the WHO put in place and then each action a country took. If you can find the time to be critical use fact based..real world examples. Once upon a time reporting did as much rather than rumor has it.

31 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Again and actually not to be to critical here it seems you have never been involved in a large logistical effort. All of the named countries combined do not make up the population size of the US. Ohh and then there are the Opinions

So now that we are into it would you plz demonstrate the recommendations that the WHO put in place and then each action a country took. If you can find the time to be critical use fact based..real world examples. Once upon a time reporting did as much rather than rumor has it.

As I've said from the beginning, this is the first non-self-induced crisis Trump has faced and he will be judged by it. Currently the US response has been in the bottom quartile - for that past century that has been unimaginable.

It's shocking that anyone would continue to praise Trump while he pretends that he's an absolute ruler and accepts no responsibility the abysmal response.

• Great Response! 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

On 4/7/2020 at 11:08 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

If the organization is proved to be ineffective or ‘broken’ - get out of it! This includes the UN.

When you consider Ebola, MERS, SARS and Zika it is hard to argue that they are ineffective or broken. Based on WHP’s charter it has no power to demand members nations to do m7ch in how they respond. If you look at Covid-9, the warnings of the WHO was sufficient to trigger South Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong to take dramatic actions early in an effort to contain Covid-19. Those countries that had significant previous experience with major novel virus outbreaks. Keep in mind, early in the US stated that the mortality rate estimates from the WHO were inflated. The problem was not the death estimates but the focus on death rates as opposed to key risks associated with novel viral outbreaks; the risk of the healthcare system becoming overwhelmed. Note, the Chinese built the large temporary hospital in Wuhan in seven days in an effort to prevent the healthcare system from being overwhelmed. My wife is a epidemiologist trained at the University if Washington. Based on the reports in Seattle it was clear in late January early February it was clear Covid-19 was a serious issue based on the  genomic epidemiology data the the outbreak in western Washington. If you want some insight to what people were thinking you should read the Bedford Lab’s blog. Trevor Bedford, a researcher at Seattle’s Fred Hutchinson Center is one of the top genomic epidemiologist in the world. If you are interested in more you should follow Bedford’s Twitter account. It was pretty amazing following the epidemiological data and commentary from the scientist and watching the lack of response on the part of most western nations.

https://bedford.io/blog/

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

The “Toxic Orange Stain” or TOS is one accurate description of The “Biohazard in Chief ☣️” is a second accurate descriptor of the behavior and consequences of this failure of leadership. His “Daily Stain” “Briefings” are a pathetic demonstration of his ego defense mechanism and whining public tantrums. Ask a question he didn’t want to answer he threatened to go hide in the corner of the Oval Office. That any adult would see this epic failure with over 35,000 dead American bodies pilling up on his watch with over 22 million people and counting unemployed in 3 weeks as anything other than a failure of competent leadership at the highest level. We put 2 men on the noon. We can organize a coherent response that doesn’t have States and cities in competition with each other for PPE and Testing supplies. We can marshal the country to meet the crisis we are seeing a second Great Depression unfolding right before our eyes. There is no good reason for not having a coordinated national response to this unprecedented situation and the dimwit in change is too busy patting himself on the back to fool the rubes and wants to watch Baseball games instead of leading a national response. We don’t need new nuclear weapons we need testing. Serological testing to see who has the antibodies and PCR testing to see who is infected and infectious. I don’t often quote my father but he told me “There’s nothing common about common sense.” Beware when the character playing President* on TV tells you how smart he is and that he has a “Good Brain” who does that? An imbecile that’s who. How many Americans will die before this mental midget is removed from office for negligent homicide and criminal wrongdoing? 

Nick Kristof offers informative criticism below. 

Trump’s main complaint about the W.H.O. is that it is too close to China, and there’s some truth to that — but Trump himself fawned over China’s response to the pandemic. “China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus,” Trump tweeted on Jan. 24. “I want to thank President Xi.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/15/opinion/coronavirus-trump-world-health-organization-who.html?referringSource=articleShare

35 minutes ago, Geoff Guenther said:

As I've said from the beginning, this is the first non-self-induced crisis Trump has faced and he will be judged by it. Currently the US response has been in the bottom quartile - for that past century that has been unimaginable.

It's shocking that anyone would continue to praise Trump while he pretends that he's an absolute ruler and accepts no responsibility the abysmal response.

Frankly i find your skill set quite high, your motivations highly suspect. Very large generalizations based in no factual data.

The above is merely a opinion and your mileage may vary.

Before we President* Baby throw the WHO out with the bath water it might serve some here to review this little bit of history as to how effective The WHO can be and has been. Now is not the time to defund The WHO. We should remove The Biohazard in Chief ☣️ who has accomplished nothing short of setting this country back a decades worth of Job creation because he thinks he knows everything about everything while knowing nothing. 
Global Smallpox Eradication Program

In 1959, the World Health Organization (WHO) initiated a plan to rid the world of smallpox. Unfortunately, this global eradication campaign suffered from lack of funds, personnel, and commitment from countries, as well as a shortage of vaccine donations. Despite their best efforts, smallpox was still widespread in 1966, causing regular outbreaks in multiple countries across South America, Africa, and Asia.

The Intensified Eradication Program began in 1967 with a promise of renewed efforts. This time, laboratories in many countries where smallpox occurred regularly (endemic countries) were able to produce more, higher quality freeze-dried vaccine. A number of other factors also played an important role in the success of the intensified efforts, including the development of the bifurcated needle, establishment of a surveillance system to detect and investigate cases, and mass vaccination campaigns, to name a few.

By the time the Intensified Eradication Program began in 1967, smallpox had already been eliminated in North America (1952) and Europe (1953), leaving South America, Asia, and Africa (smallpox was never widespread in Australia). The Program made steady progress toward ridding the world of this disease, and by 1971 smallpox was eradicated from South America, followed by Asia (1975), and finally Africa (1977).