A startup backed by Goldman Sachs, among others, has gone on the hunt for personnel for its crypto exchange. Does Goldman's participation lend more credibility to cryptocurrencies?

1 hour ago, Marina Schwarz said:

A startup backed by Goldman Sachs, among others, has gone on the hunt for personnel for its crypto exchange. Does Goldman's participation lend more credibility to cryptocurrencies?

I think so. I mean, the trading world has clearly already embraced crypto. It's the institutions that are lagging behind in viewing crypto as a legitimate currency. I can't determine if the institutional world (banks, etc) has failed to embrace it due to snobbery, looking out for its own survival, or legitimate fear of the inherent risk. 

Crypto is the power.

While financial authorities are fighting for the right to total regulation of cryptocurrencies, the position of virtual assets is gradually strengthening worldwide. Blockchain is becoming popular among stockbrokers, currency speculators and prominent business people, and ordinary people who prefer to transfer their savings into cryptocurrencies. Blockchain is rapidly penetrating the spheres of art, games, and memes. 

I dug up this old thread, and I was doing some research on this topic. Well, I wanna take the opportunity and ask you if those events actually affected the crypto market.

(edited)

The involvement of Goldman Sachs could add more credibility to cryptocurrencies. It sounds interesting, and I'm curious about its potential impact on the crypto market.I love exploring new things, and I wonder how this development might affect the broader crypto landscape. It's always exciting to see big players step into the crypto space.

Edited by Selva
External link

Crypto is the biggest Ponzi ever; unless they back the currency with physical Gold, the pyramid will fall, and if backed up by physical Gold, it has to be available for inspection at any time; I played around with it in the beginning, and got in and out and did well better than OK, that said with Goldman being a part of this as some other well-branded names, I fall back to what the did in 2008-09 that caused the stock market crash, they as all the big banks less at that time Wells Fargo create these complex investment products, and in the end, the house always wins.

When an “influencer” puts out a rumor and there are considerable changes in that crypto prices, run for the doors your being played!

Now that the IRS has changed rules on tax filings, again run for the doors!

If so, shouldn't they change their name to 'Cryptoman'?