Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP

U.S. Solar Forecast Ratcheted Down As Tariffs Weigh

Installations between 2018 and 2022 will be 13 percent lower than originally forecast, GTM Research said in the quarterly solar market report it conducts for industry trade group the Solar Energy Industries Association. By, GTM  U.S. solar energy installations will grow slower than previously expected in the coming years due to the Trump administration’s tariffs on panel imports and new federal tax laws that will restrict investment in the clean energy source.

Generally, solar is not so cheap and there are much better alternatives like wind, tidal, thermal and nuclear. But, yes - tariffs will slow the solar...

I wonder if the reflection of a mass solar field poses a risk to pilots? 

26 minutes ago, damirUSBiH said:

I wonder if the reflection of a mass solar field poses a risk to pilots? 

I would think so. It also incinerates birds who fly into the concentrated beams. 

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Ivanpah-Solar-Plant-Becomes-Bird-Incinerator-Graveyard.html

Wind also is a threat, including to Bald Eagles. https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/US-Government-Issues-New-Permits-To-Eagle-Killing-Wind-Farms.html

Not to disparage the renewables industry. Only pointing out that both solar and wind have serious ramifications and is not some magic bullet that can immediately rescue Earth from the imminent doom caused by fossil fuels. Nothing is quite that simple.