TNK

The GREAT OPEC+ Agreement

(edited)

29 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

No, I do not.

Why should people get 6 weeks paid vacation a year, why not 8?

Why shouldn’t we pay burger flippers $15/hr so they can afford a mortgage?

Do you honestly believe that small businesses can afford to give everyone their ideal job? Will these people agree to work for you for x amount of years to earn that 6 week paid vacation or will they change jobs after the first paid vacation?

You are painting all businesses, corporate or small, with the same brush.

The work ethic is eroding and this mentality of ‘someone must take care of me’ attitude is a root cause. Do you really want government intervention in the workplace?

I have a question for those who would demand a 6 week paid vacation in an effort to have a reasonably quality of life. What would you say to an employer who agreed to give you 6 weeks off a year so that you could pursue your quality of life, but it would be unpaid for 4 of those weeks. You are still being paid for two weeks in which you are not working!

You do realize the the business owner will likely have to hire a temp, or place ‘your’ workload on someone else, while you are away.

I am not painting all businesses with the same brush.  My point was about corporate America.

You and I have had a great life, we both have worked hard and played hard and didn't ask for any handouts.  I am NOT about handouts or "somebody has to take care of me" crap.  I take care of myself and my family.  I know you are the same.

My point was simply that corporate America has in fact made it tough to get by, all the while shipping jobs overseas and using illegal immigrants on our own soil, and not giving raises to those who've earned them while increasing to the moon their own bonuses.

Don't put me in the liberal basket, Douglas.  I stand up for hard working Americans; not the bums.

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Like 3

Glad we got that clarified...you had me worried!😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Glad we got that clarified...you had me worried!😂

Just post a photo of your bike to show the "kids" what hard work and opportunity can get.  Then we'll be even.  😀😁😄

39 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Just post a photo of your bike to show the "kids" what hard work and opportunity can get.  Then we'll be even.  😀😁😄

725F4797-580D-450A-AB58-F3017108F070.thumb.jpeg.467774939a8a16cc645a4de4eb804e75.jpeg

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

725F4797-580D-450A-AB58-F3017108F070.thumb.jpeg.467774939a8a16cc645a4de4eb804e75.jpeg

Looks like it is parked outside a side entrance to KLCC, on the side facing the Convention Center.

1 hour ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Looks like it is parked outside a side entrance to KLCC, on the side facing the Convention Center.

Nope, at Goh Tong. About halfway up the hill to Genting Highlands.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Nope, at Goh Tong. About halfway up the hill to Genting Highlands.

The winding road up to Genting Highlands is crazy dangerous to drive fast on.

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Aaaaah.  Now I feel better.  Thanks.

1 minute ago, Tom Kirkman said:

The winding road up to Genting Highlands is crazy dangerous to drive fast on.

If you’ve done it about a thousand times, it’s not too bad. It is alot worse coming up from the other side through Ulu Yam.

As you can see, this bike is built on a drag bike, double wishbone frame. It takes a bit of muscle to get it through the ‘twisties’. I get passed by everything on two wheels in the hills.😂

It’s still alot of fun. Can’t get rid of it as they don’t make it anymore and, contrary to the what the sportbike guys say, appearance is everything!😂

• Upvote 3

On 4/10/2020 at 4:21 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

I think it is the opposite, actually.  Al-Waleed was a black hat who got busted.

I plead stupidity

What did Al-Waleed get busted with ?

4 minutes ago, BLA said:

I plead stupidity

What did Al-Waleed get busted with ?

MbS hung him upside down, beat him, and extracted a huge chunk of money from him.

While I do not like MbS, I view Al-Waleed as far, far worse.

On 4/13/2020 at 10:14 PM, Boris Guskov said:

"Could you explain to me why Goldman Sachs is basically dominating all the negative oil price news"

After a day of trading, the Goldman (& Citi) crude oil bearishness due to the OPEC+ "too little & too late" production reduction hasn't seemed to influence the traders.  The Brent is even up 60 cents as I type.  Maybe Citi and Goldman are wrong or maybe it'll take a week or two.  Is it possible that their analysts really are trying to evaluate the market but thus seem "negative" to some?  Should they instead be "thinking positively" to help keep oil prices higher?

Thanks for your reply. Dominating all the news didn’t describe it well. I agree with you! I had the impression that especially over the last weekend, OPEC deal, I recognized that mainly GS analysts statements were present in the media. I just wondered why? But I have to admit that “too little and too late” is exactly what happened now. Yes, there was a slight and short upward trend on Monday, but in fact now we are down with WTI another 7,5%. Thanks to your reply I sold my positions and I kinda glad doing so, because maybe I missed the point. (oversupply - short,mid-term) But still cannot imagine to see a broken oil industry ahead of us. There is too much value, too much investments and too many lives connected with it. The White House Future Vision paper... clearly states the energy independence / oil industry as one of the top goals and is obviously a cornerstone for US dominance. It just needs time. And that’s why all these analyst statements don’t fit into my picture. (excuse my poor english... not native) 

On 4/9/2020 at 6:02 PM, Gerry Maddoux said:

Chris, I like your confidence but how is the world going to get moving again? About the only way I see that happening is if this virus is "seasonal" and goes into a silent pout on its own or the hydroxychloroquine turns out to be a silver bullet. ..

Hi Gerry, your analysis is very interesting and I do agree we are into straight recession and not coming out of it quickly.  I disagree that the virus ultimately dictates the total terms of life and society.

As far as oil usage goes, the average consumer uses the majority of their gasoline spend for have to items vs want to items.  The "want to" traveling by air, cruising, etc will certainly slow down for a lengthy period of time.

The demand collapse, as we all know, is a forced issue, not a real issue that can sustain for any amount of time.  Eventually governments will look at this death data and sway the message to get the population to "accept" it as part of life even if Corona Virus is here to stay and kills at a rate they are claiming.

America was built with automotive transportation as a fact of life, all the teleconferencing in the world will not change this fact.  People point at things like delivery services and think that somehow eliminates mileage.  In that case, all that happens is some other guy who is driving full time is putting up those back and forth miles in place of the person directly doing it.

In terms of industry debt, dollars are likely to inflate very fast agree with you 100% there, which will make the existing debt load of the oil industry easier to manage compared to the relative sales value and extraction cost of oil.

IF, the U.S. has to take policies of America First, which it may.  I am sure part of that will be all domestic oil consumption is from domestic wells with some kind of federal subsidy (if needed).

When China let the virus escape China and contaminate the world, they did so as an act of war and virtually declared war on the world with a biological weapon.  Most governments likely see it exactly this way and will retaliate in some way, shape or form given enough time to think it through.

I found evidence to both incriminate them (doing research on Covid-19 and harvesting it from bats LONG BEFORE this happened, 2013).

Source: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/255993792_Novel_Bat_Coronaviruses_Brazil_and_Mexico

Also found evidence, that the Wuhan freak show food market did in fact have Bats on a Stick as a food item (accidental bat eater theory).

Source: https://youtu.be/0V7fyjaFOwQ?t=64

Whether or not the initial outbreak was a freak accident or on purpose, the Chinese Government failed to contain it and failed to disclose the severity of the problem after the cat was out of the bag, that will result in many nations taking a less global outlook.

The U.S. needs a 10 year plan to bring back as much as possible domestically and all health related manufacturing should be within the United States at minimum.

• Great Response! 1