James Regan

Trumps Oil Industry....

This may be hard to do here but lets pretend that we don't have any political agenda, deep breathes now.

Do you believe in all honesty that Trump understands the Oil Industry?

Does the US have an oil minister? or advisor?

• Haha 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, James Regan said:

This may be hard to do here but lets pretend that we don't have any political agenda, deep breathes now.

Jim;  Interesting question. If you mean does he know what a BOP is? Most likely in basic terms (Macondo) but would he off the cuff be able to break one down? Probably not. Just the same as I'm probably one of only a Few here who knows how a Back Bias Amp goes with a  Dickey Fix Amp.  Unless you're a former Sr. Pulse Radar Tech (5924 USMC) on the HAWK Missile Syst. and the AN/MPQ 35 Pulse Acquisition Radar (PAR)...  lol

But I have no doubt he has a good enough basic knowledge and certainly knows who to talk with about anything specific. I do believe he understands the business side of things very well. Again strictly from a business perspective. Not the details of specific equipment/systems.  With that said, I believe he's solid advocate. The Energy Sec. would be about as close too an oil minister as we have.  Certainly as the President sets the country's energy policy.  So, he certainly 'advises' the Energy Sec. on what he wants done.  

Sorry, I didn't use either option to 'answer' the question.  I see him as an Advocate more than either option you give as choices.  

Edited by Prometheus1354
  • Upvote 4
  • Rolling Eye 1

9 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

As JFK said, the trick is to surround yourself with competent people (paraphrases).

Does Trump have an in-depth knowledge of the oil industry? I doubt it. This is similar to him having an in-depth knowledge of military operations or the mining industry. It is ridiculous to assume that he has an in-depth knowledge of each and every industry.

That said, he does understand business, and he will have advisors for each segment of industry.

Just to be clear I never said an In-depth I would expect him to, George Bush for example most definitely knew and worked (in a way) the oil Industry with Dick Cheney by his side.

It seems that DT doesn't want any mega stars at his side, they appear then disappear when seen to be in non agreement with him, without doubt he is a business man but his ego is undeniably paramount. I think if he was just a touch more humble he would be the perfect President.

Do you think people around him advise him to tone things down, or are they all ball licking lounge lizards who are afraid of him. No-one can deny he has a lot of ball licking during press conferences and he does have a thirst for praise.

Just for the record Im a limey who has no real interest in who is president of the USA, but its hard not to notice some things.

Glad to see our Prime Minister Boris "Winston" Johnson is making a sound recovery, he will be unstoppable after this if he pulls through and if Trump gets reelected.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

It seems that DT doesn't want any mega stars at his side, they appear then disappear when seen to be in non agreement with him, without doubt he is a business man but his ego is undeniably paramount. I think if he was just a touch more humble he would be the perfect President.

Do you think people around him advise him to tone things down, or are they all ball licking lounge lizards who are afraid of him. No-one can deny he has a lot of ball licking during press conferences and he does have a thirst for praise.

Just for the record Im a limey who has no real interest in who is president of the USA, but its hard not to notice some things.

The perfect characteristics of Trump, I would only add: much, much more humble.

About oil industry: I think no problem with Trump being briefed in required detail about economics of US oil industry by Energy Secretary staffer. But President needs more specific information: How his current decisions regarding oil industry would impact his re-election chances and Republican results in Congress.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Right Marcin, there is ALWAYS a hidden agenda in American politics. Luckily we have you to point them out. 
Thanks buddy, keep up the good work!👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Right Marcin, there is ALWAYS a hidden agenda in American politics. Luckily we have you to point them out. 
Thanks buddy, keep up the good work!👍🏻

See, it is possible to engage in witty repartee without resorting to name calling.  Verbal jousting like ^ this is far more humorous and enjoyable than simply calling names.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

See, it is possible to engage in witty repartee without resorting to name calling.  Verbal jousting like ^ this is far more humorous and enjoyable than simply calling names.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....but sometimes you just feel the need to put a boot in somebody’s butt.

I’ll probably be okay after this lockdown is over. Supposed to be announced today if it will be extended past 4 weeks...

• Like 6

(edited)

It’s annoying to watch the news and see others in ‘lockdown’, in Europe, the States, Singapore, and elsewhere and people are in the parks, jogging, taking walks, etc... In KL it is much stricter and more like house arrest. I really hope that they do not extend lockdown!

Edited by Douglas Buckland
Ghg
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, James Regan said:

Since you asked: why do you think Trump's knowledge of the oil industry matters?  What difference would we notice either way?

3 minutes ago, BenFranklin'sSpectacles said:

Since you asked: why do you think Trump's knowledge of the oil industry matters?  What difference would we notice either way?

I think I would like for him to know a little about it, he visits car factories etc, never seen him near a rig and it would also help him to pay a little attention the price of WTI that he's fighting for, last briefing he had the price all wrong, minimum he should know what the price of WTI is if he going to make beautiful deals with foreign powers. Thats why I asked if he has an oil minister or whatever the US equivalent would be, never seen anyone on TV talking about the industry in any detail, he doesn't need to know what a donkey dick is, but current price of WTI I would expect him to know.

Trump would need an intermediate interpreter for advanced topics; he likes to think he is the smartest man in the room. Spew out too much stuff he can't immediately understand and "you're fired."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

(edited)

"Executive summary."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_summary

"be approximately 5-10% of the length of the main report

be written in language appropriate for the target audience"

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

aka. spoon feeding:

"be written in language appropriate for the target audience"

Edited by Enthalpic

50 minutes ago, James Regan said:

I think I would like for him to know a little about it, he visits car factories etc, never seen him near a rig and it would also help him to pay a little attention the price of WTI that he's fighting for, last briefing he had the price all wrong, minimum he should know what the price of WTI is if he going to make beautiful deals with foreign powers. Thats why I asked if he has an oil minister or whatever the US equivalent would be, never seen anyone on TV talking about the industry in any detail, he doesn't need to know what a donkey dick is, but current price of WTI I would expect him to know.

I recall working in an auto factory.  The plant manager had everyone create a pristine area to showcase all the best practices we weren't practicing.  On occasion, presumably important people from corporate would wander through, be duly impressed, and return to corporate none the wiser.  I imagine a presidential site visit is that on steroids. 

That raises a question: what would it take to provide the right knowledge to the president?  A site visit might get his attention, but it won't tell him anything useful.  He could listen to industry executives and lobbyists, but they have their biases.  What would it take to properly inform him? 

• Like 2

That is the job of his advisers, and may explain why many are gone.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, BenFranklin'sSpectacles said:

I recall working in an auto factory.  The plant manager had everyone create a pristine area to showcase all the best practices we weren't practicing.  On occasion, presumably important people from corporate would wander through, be duly impressed, and return to corporate none the wiser.  I imagine a presidential site visit is that on steroids. 

That raises a question: what would it take to provide the right knowledge to the president?  A site visit might get his attention, but it won't tell him anything useful.  He could listen to industry executives and lobbyists, but they have their biases.  What would it take to properly inform him? 

A trip pumping out of the hole sideways with a Kelly, and him on the make up tong. He will develop an opinion very quickly........

25 minutes ago, James Regan said:

A trip pumping out of the hole sideways with a Kelly, and him on the make up tong. He will develop an opinion very quickly........

Why? Neither you or I trip pipe any more, why should he? Would this give him some insight into the financial shenanigans of the oil industry? 
Why can’t the US oil industry offer him an unbiased, knowledgable advisor?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Nobody knows current price of WTI. One day $20, next day nearly $30, and next day back to $20?

• Like 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

3 minutes ago, Wombat said:

Nobody knows current price of WTI. One day $20, next day nearly $30, and next day back to $20?

Somebody MUST know, how else would you be getting those numbers...🤔

1 hour ago, BenFranklin'sSpectacles said:

I inform him on the state of your oil & gas industry on a regular basis, as well as put it into context regarding the global industry. I told him not to bother trying to get global production agreement as it would make no difference. Indeed, the market "bought the rumor and sold the fact" but who cares, at least he was seen to be trying to do something and getting all the oil producers talking may be very helpful down the track. I think that is the best he can do right now. 

33 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

No such unicorn exists, IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Yes I do Tom. I have warned Trump that if he thinks the oil glut is bad, the LNG glut will make it look like a picnic by comparison. Unless electric cars start to take off and a lot of electricity required, possibly produced by CC gas generators. I think that the only solution. Losses in the Permian will be nothing compared to a trillion-dollar "white elephant" of LNG plants.

59 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

25 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

10 minutes ago, Wombat said:

Yes I do Tom. I have warned Trump that if he thinks the oil glut is bad, the LNG glut will make it look like a picnic by comparison. Unless electric cars start to take off and a lot of electricity required, possibly produced by CC gas generators. I think that the only solution. Losses in the Permian will be nothing compared to a trillion-dollar "white elephant" of LNG plants.

Well then, thank you Mr. Unicorn for your unbiased knowledge.  I stand corrected.

• Haha 6