James Regan

Trumps Oil Industry....

I don't remember the info from Tom Kirkman on this site, but Tom gave a list of the group of "experts" meeting with Trump on crude oil prices and the results of $20-$30 oil.  Several cabinet members, Senators and Representatives from certain committees and a small group of Major and large Independent producers were in attendance.  

With 6,000 Operators in the Permian Basin alone, you would think the WH would invite the medium and small independents.  The guys in charge at Exxon, et al. exist to please shareholders and operations are left to their separate departments.  Just a reminder on Chevron in 2018.  They told Forbes (I believe)  that they could break even in the Permian Basin at $23.00 a bbl. vs. the smaller operators.  Chevron's earnings at the end of its big pat on the back dropped from $148.00 to $124.00 a share when those earnings from production, well, like those shovel ready jobs,  didn't pan out.  Today their share price is $84.00.  Chevron is considered an expert and is a typical Major always talking through it's hat.  

Trump would be best served to meet and listen to some of the independents who can educate him on the reality of oil and gas.  They dragged him to the border, it's time to drag him to the oil field.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Why? Neither you or I trip pipe any more, why should he? Would this give him some insight into the financial shenanigans of the oil industry? 
Why can’t the US oil industry offer him an unbiased, knowledgable advisor?

Irony Douglas, go back to mirror please and have a word with yourself. We are here for you during this social experiment we are going through, we have also been given a few more weeks and then we will get a desert of CV19 for real.

(edited)

9 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

It’s annoying to watch the news and see others in ‘lockdown’, in Europe, the States, Singapore, and elsewhere and people are in the parks, jogging, taking walks, etc... In KL it is much stricter and more like house arrest. I really hope that they do not extend lockdown!

I am sorry Douglas, but I have bad news for you. This opinion of mine is exclusively based on daily numbers of new Malaysian cases, with split by administrative regions.

Malaysian lockdown is strict, much tighter than for example Polish but not enough. What was achieved is stabilization of new daily cases at 150 or so.

I think new, even harsher measures need to be applied, to go down to single digits in new cases and a few hundred of actively treated cases.

I do not know whether possible in non authoritarian states.

Lockdown is like tooth extraction it should be fast, short finished with success or the pain starts again.

Edited by Marcin2
Typo
  • Like 3

(edited)

On 4/10/2020 at 9:58 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

Right Marcin, there is ALWAYS a hidden agenda in American politics. Luckily we have you to point them out. 
Thanks buddy, keep up the good work!👍🏻

Thank You.

Like it or not the major goal of Trump at 74 is to get re-elected, he is not gonna make a killing at RE or find another trophy wife.

Low oil prices are actually good for economy. What would happen in late  2020 and early 2021 is beyond decision horizon of Trump.

Oil industry would get bailed out only if Trump is short on campaign cash or bail out money per prospective net loss in employment in industry would be competitive.

I do not have any idea what is the number, guys  Please try to approximate.

Some help could come if major bancruptsy is in the cards, like 50,000 poor guys losing their jobs etc.

Edited by Marcin2
Typo

“... or bang another trophy wife.”

@Marcin2 Classy, very classy. That is our First Lady you are talking about.

Your true colors are showing boy, your opinions are suspect from this point on.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Marcin2 said:

I am sorry Douglas, but I have bad news for you. This opinion of mine is exclusively based on daily numbers of new Malaysian cases, with split by administrative regions.

Malaysian lockdown is strict, much tighter than for example Polish but not enough. What was achieved is stabilization of new daily cases at 150 or so.

I think new, even harsher measures need to be applied, to go down to single digits in new cases and a few hundred of actively treated cases.

I do not know whether possible in non authoritarian states.

Lockdown is like tooth extraction it should be fast, short finished with success or the pain starts again.

See reply to your earlier post. Your opinion is meaningless at this point.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Prometheus1354 said:

Jim;  Interesting question. If you mean does he know what a BOP is? Most likely in basic terms (Macondo) but would he off the cuff be able to break one down? Probably not. Just the same as I'm probably one of only a Few here who knows how a Back Bias Amp goes with a  Dickey Fix Amp.  Unless you're a former Sr. Pulse Radar Tech (5924 USMC) on the HAWK Missile Syst. and the AN/MPQ 35 Pulse Acquisition Radar (PAR)...  lol

But I have no doubt he has a good enough basic knowledge and certainly knows who to talk with about anything specific. I do believe he understands the business side of things very well. Again strictly from a business perspective. Not the details of specific equipment/systems.  With that said, I believe he's solid advocate. The Energy Sec. would be about as close too an oil minister as we have.  Certainly as the President sets the country's energy policy.  So, he certainly 'advises' the Energy Sec. on what he wants done.  

Sorry, I didn't use either option to 'answer' the question.  I see him as an Advocate more than either option you give as choices.  

We are not 100% certain that JIMMY knows what a BOP IS?😂

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

It’s annoying to watch the news and see others in ‘lockdown’, in Europe, the States, Singapore, and elsewhere and people are in the parks, jogging, taking walks, etc... In KL it is much stricter and more like house arrest. I really hope that they do not extend lockdown!

They extended lockdown by another two weeks yesterday...😖

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Well then, thank you Mr. Unicorn for your unbiased knowledge.  I stand corrected.

No problem. I will be speaking to President Xi soon and asking him whether he would prefer to lift his 25% tariff on US LNG or cop a dose of small-pox instead?

• Rolling Eye 1

6 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I am sorry, I already corrected my post.

The thing is I tried to understand Trump motives too much, got into the role too deeply while writing the comment, so even borrowed Trump’s derogatory language he speaks about women while in private.

(edited)

33 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

I am sorry, I already corrected my post.

The thing is I tried to understand Trump motives too much, got into the role too deeply while writing the comment, so even borrowed Trump’s derogatory language he speaks about women while in private.

How would you know how he speaks about women in private? Have you bugged the White House and the Oval Office?

The fact is that you made an inexcusable, unmanly, disgusting comment, about a person whom you have had absolutely no interaction with, simply to forward your opinion on this forum.

Whether you have corrected you post or not is meaningless, you are an adult I (I assume) and you now own that comment in perpetuity.

Everyone in the future that reads your posts, will have this asinine comment in the back of their minds and will filter your post through this filter.

Edited by Douglas Buckland
Tyt
  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 2

7 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

“... or bang another trophy wife.” He didn't say that but if he did or whoever did it made me giggle, no-one bangs like Donald, its a Beautiful thing is so Beautiful amazing beautiful bigger than the Big Bang.....😂

First lady thats a contradiction for a start..... American Royal Family. (low blow) - Im starting to understand you guys better every day. Your all weirdos but some of the finest weirdos I like to be around and would actually love to live in your weird country, I would fit in well.....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, James Regan said:

“... or bang another trophy wife.” He didn't say that but if he did or whoever did it made me giggle, no-one bangs like Donald, its a Beautiful thing is so Beautiful amazing beautiful bigger than the Big Bang.....😂

First lady thats a contradiction for a start..... American Royal Family. (low blow) - Im starting to understand you guys better every day. Your all weirdos but some of the finest weirdos I like to be around and would actually love to live in your weird country, I would fit in well.....

It was an immature, stupid comment. Full stop.

If you do not understand what the First Lady in the States is, you shouldn’t be commenting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

It was an immature, stupid comment. Full stop.

If you do not understand what the First Lady in the States is, you shouldn’t be commenting.

Calm down there Douglas.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

How would you know how he speaks about women in private? Have you bugged the White House and the Oval Office?

The fact is that you made an inexcusable, unmanly, disgusting comment, about a person whom you have had absolutely no interaction with, simply to forward your opinion on this forum.

Whether you have corrected you post or not is meaningless, you are an adult I (I assume) and you now own that comment in perpetuity.

Everyone in the future that reads your posts, will have this asinine comment in the back of their minds and will filter your post through this filter.

Trumps classy classical classification of women as mere sex objects in „grab them by ...” semi-private discussion with Billy Bush immediately comes to mind. After MeToo became prominent it sound ominously Weinsteinesque.

Plus a lot of derogatory public comments, but I have to admit Trump gets loose in less official environment.

(edited)

About unbiased advisors and unicorns.  Unicorns exist, but to capture one you need a maiden who is (a) chaste and (b) for hire.  A bit tough.

The other thing about actual unbiased advise is that we can do A, or B, or C, and losers and gainers are different in each scenario.  So after getting the advise, it is still for lobbyists, analysts and personal gut feeling to guide the pick.  The gut feeling of POTUS is to be energetic and opinionated, energy being constant and opinions less so.

Edited by Piotr Berman
typo

9 hours ago, Marcin2 said:

Trumps classy classical classification of women as mere sex objects in „grab them by ...” semi-private discussion with Billy Bush immediately comes to mind. After MeToo became prominent it sound ominously Weinsteinesque.

Plus a lot of derogatory public comments, but I have to admit Trump gets loose in less official environment.

So if Trump, like you, simply says, “Sorry I said that,”, then it all goes away? One rule for him and another for you?

Not a chance! You will never be able to claim the ‘moral high ground’ again.

• Like 1

I'm American. The title of First Lady does not command respect it demands responsibility. Wearing a jacket to American border concentration camps that says, "I Don't Care, Do You" is an open declaration of irresponsibility. 

In no way has Melania lived up to the title of her office. She is a national disgrace. I don't care that she was an Eastern European prostitute in her past life, I care that she failed to grow beyond her past life to live up to the responsibility of her title. 

• Downvote 4

(edited)

5 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

I'm American. The title of First Lady does not command respect it demands responsibility. Wearing a jacket to American border concentration camps that says, "I Don't Care, Do You" is an open declaration of irresponsibility. 

In no way has Melania lived up to the title of her office. She is a national disgrace. I don't care that she was an Eastern European prostitute in her past life, I care that she failed to grow beyond her past life to live up to the responsibility of her title. 

First amendment - Gotta love it........

Edited by James Regan
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

Is it correct to say Melania was an Eastern European prostitute, or Melania was an East European prostitute. I admit, as is fairly common among Americans like myself, I have some geographical ignorance. After all, our president makes up entire African countries out of the blue. 

• Downvote 3

(edited)

22 minutes ago, BradleyPNW said:

Is it correct to say Melania was an Eastern European prostitute, or Melania was an East European prostitute. I admit, as is fairly common among Americans like myself, I have some geographical ignorance. After all, our president makes up entire African countries out of the blue. 

Probably not very nice to call her a prositute as you have no knowledge of her being one, but if she was is that a problem for you? I think given the choice between her or the Ex, DT made a good choice...... Only basing my opinion on looks of course.

Edited by James Regan
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, James Regan said:

I think given the choice between her or the Ex, DT made a good choice...... Only basing my opinion on looks of course.

Good to know.

5 hours ago, James Regan said:

Probably not very nice to call her a prositute as you have no knowledge of her being one, but if she was is that a problem for you? I think given the choice between her or the Ex, DT made a good choice...... Only basing my opinion on looks of course.

Melania is a prostitute who worked her way up to trophy wife. It's what she is. The problem is she never changed. 

https://www.npr.org/2017/02/07/513970871/melania-trump-lawsuit-argues-once-in-a-lifetime-chance-to-make-millions-is-lost

• Downvote 3

(edited)

13 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

Melania is a prostitute who worked her way up to trophy wife. It's what she is. The problem is she never changed. 

https://www.npr.org/2017/02/07/513970871/melania-trump-lawsuit-argues-once-in-a-lifetime-chance-to-make-millions-is-lost

If someone called my wife a prostitute on a public forum I might be inclined to introduce them to my attorney.  Hopefully for you, nobody forwards this to Mr. Trump.

Edited by GSXRblur
spelling
  • Like 2

On 4/10/2020 at 11:46 AM, JoMack said:

I don't remember the info from Tom Kirkman on this site, but Tom gave a list of the group of "experts" meeting with Trump on crude oil prices and the results of $20-$30 oil.  Several cabinet members, Senators and Representatives from certain committees and a small group of Major and large Independent producers were in attendance.  

Here ya go: