YK

The President and the Plague

8 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Mad Magazine was the precursor to the Daily Show with Jon Steward, wasn't it?  LOL!  At one point in my youth, I got all my BIG news from Mad Magazine.

I got mine from Playboys hidden in the garage...

5 hours ago, 0R0 said:

Trump was repeatedly advised it was "just a flu" till Nial Ferusson's projections from Imperial College came out and all the Western officials did a 180.  

Exactly!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For more objective and thought provoking news I go to Sign of the Times. They have been presenting various view points over the last months. None of this agenda driven fear and panic by MSM, using many lies most likely in the process.

https://www.sott.net/

13 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I got mine from Playboys hidden in the garage...

Well, soon after Mad Magazine, it was Playboys in the neighbor's basement, which his daughter snuck me in to look over.  And then, not long after that, the neighbor's daughter sh..........., Uh, sorry about that.  Getting rather carried away there.  Anyway, sure do miss the days of toolboxes and fun calendars!  😁🤣😎😏😮

• Haha 1

On 4/15/2020 at 4:45 PM, 0R0 said:

Cuomo will open up when Trump tells him to because people will stream out of their homes and do it regardless of what Cuomo or DeBlazio said. They pretty much won the dunce cap for the pandemic. Doing as bad or worse as Ms. Whitmer in Michigan.

Yes, actually Trump and Governors giving (any sort of) contradictory directions for the population creates moral hazard and this effectively ends the quarantine. Even if only 20% of people would ease the quarantine rules, all of it looses its meaning and the results would be the same if 100% did it.

And it could also cause significant civil unrest and backlash against federal or state diverging rules which is actually worse than epidemic.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

ever since@realDonaldTrump became POTUS, he chose to be a divisive leader, choosing to show that America can stand alone without its allies, spreading half truths to serve his personal agenda, unlike the statesmanship of a world leader we have come to expect

https://twitter.com/vchong8/status/1250802230829019138?s=20

Edited by Victor Chong
not displaying
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Victor Chong said:

ever since@realDonaldTrump became POTUS, he chose to be a divisive leader, choosing to show that America can stand alone without its allies, spreading half truths to serve his personal agenda, unlike the statesmanship of a world leader we have come to expect

https://twitter.com/vchong8/status/1250802230829019138?s=20

Actually, he has simply asked our allies to act like allies, and to fund their own defense. He has not thrown any ally to the wolves.

What ‘half truths to support his personal agenda’?

We have had enough of ‘statesmen’ that allow America, and Americans, to be the cash cow and whipping boy for the global community.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Actually, he has simply asked our allies to act like allies, and to fund their own defense. He has not thrown any ally to the wolves.

What ‘half truths to support his personal agenda’?

We have had enough of ‘statesmen’ that allow America, and Americans, to be the cash cow and whipping boy for the global community.

That's a lie, Donald Trump actually threw his Kurdish who fought by the US side against ISIL to the advancing Turkish offensive. He also stabbed his European allies in the back by withdrawing (read "violating") the multilateral treaty with Iran, which was a result of collective negotiations that spanned many years. 

I don't even comment the recent seizing of ventilator shipments for Canada, that's not "betraying an ally", that's a blatant act of piracy and theft. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

I try to read all this objectively, and I see constant references to different media and various "theories".  I am not being snarky when I ask this as I am genuinely interested in the answer....

What makes the MSM or mainstream media so evil, undeserving of any trust whatsoever, under constant suspicion or accusation of one world-domination plot or angle or another, while all these other minor websites, theory pages, videos, twitter accounts (DeepStateExpose?) and opinions worthy of backing and trust?  What is checked to reveal the validity of these myriad other things?

Interested to read this on a Friday.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

That's a lie, Donald Trump actually threw his Kurdish who fought by the US side against ISIL to the advancing Turkish offensive. He also stabbed his European allies in the back by withdrawing (read "violating") the multilateral treaty with Iran, which was a result of collective negotiations that spanned many years. 

I don't even comment the recent seizing of ventilator shipments for Canada, that's not "betraying an ally", that's a blatant act of piracy and theft. 

I’ve worked in Kurdistan on two separate contracts, one in Erbil and one in Taq Taq. I never hear a single Kurd say anything derogatory about America or American, in fact, they seem to like us.

So instead of talking out of your ass, maybe you should take a trip to Kurdistan and do some research.

The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, what you term as a multination treaty with Iran, was never a treaty. You really need to do your homework.

Reading your posts is like reading Mad Magazine.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, UNC12345 said:

I try to read all this objectively, and I see constant references to different media and various "theories".  I am not being snarky when I ask this as I am genuinely interested in the answer....

What makes the MSM or mainstream media so evil, undeserving of any trust whatsoever, under constant suspicion or accusation of one world-domination plot or angle or another, while all these other minor websites, theory pages, videos, twitter accounts (DeepStateExpose?) and opinions worthy of backing and trust?  What is checked to reveal the validity of these myriad other things?

Interested to read this on a Friday.

In the U.S. 6 companies own roughly 90% of the media.

nb11lryl6ca01.thumb.png.47b09249f6cd3b9f5e5808c00fa7a564.png

And spouses of politicians deliver exceedingly biased news to their audiences.

999745999_d445d911c3f5cbfa8d0bd285ffe800a27690dd7f4b2358a21cc9cda4bfdae736(1).thumb.jpg.add3c4b71091b57464affa52e0456dc5.jpg

By all means, do some poking around for yourself.

Make up your own mind.  Trust your instincts.  Move away from being told what to think by the media.  The world is not ending.  The sky is not falling.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Douglas Buckland said:

So instead of talking out of your ass, maybe you should take a trip to Kurdistan and do some research.

You seem like a guy with some interesting experience, but I gotta call you out on your bs and smartass-edness from time to time.  Speaking to some Kurds while doing a contract there does not qualify as (much) research, nor does it qualify you as an expert, nor does it speak to the opinion of most Kurds on the fact that the US left them in a bad spot when they left.  So don't act like an expert because you've spoken with a few of them.

1 minute ago, UNC12345 said:

You seem like a guy with some interesting experience, but I gotta call you out on your bs and smartass-edness from time to time.  Speaking to some Kurds while doing a contract there does not qualify as (much) research, nor does it qualify you as an expert, nor does it speak to the opinion of most Kurds on the fact that the US left them in a bad spot when they left.  So don't act like an expert because you've spoken with a few of them.

Dumbass, I spoke to alot of Kurds over a two year period. I think that this qualifies as a hell of alot more ‘research’ than you have done on the matter.

PS: The US has never ‘left’ Kurdistan and are still there as I type this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh, I guess I've been corrected, Jackass,  "a lot" is official research.  Well done.  You are correct that I've never been there, shocking revelation.  From nearly all reports, while the US is still there, the change in deployment/strategy left US allies in the region in a bad spot.  But maybe that's just the evil left media reporting it?  You should jump immediately to your go-to conspiracy media theory!

Ya know, there are far more creative and amusing ways to give quality rebuttal insults than simply name-calling.

Everyone is bored during the lockdown.  How about trying to spend some of that boredom energy by tossing out some creative zinger verbal slaps rather than just name-calling.

Otherwise ... it's just childish.

Joey:  Did not

Jimmy:  Did too

Joey:  DID NOT

Jimmy:  DID TOO

Joey:  < sticks tongue out >

Jimmy:  MOM!  Joey's being mean again!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Joey:  Did not

Jimmy:  Did too

Joey:  DID NOT

Jimmy:  DID TOO

Are we talking about Joey Two Fingers here?

Otherwise always referred to as Joe Biden, not just Joe or Joey, or Mr. Biden.

But since the president loves Mafia terms, I suspect is about to become known widely as Joey Two Fingers.

😂

• Haha 2

(edited)

On 4/16/2020 at 10:11 AM, Marcin2 said:

Yes, actually Trump and Governors giving (any sort of) contradictory directions for the population creates moral hazard and this effectively ends the quarantine. Even if only 20% of people would ease the quarantine rules, all of it looses its meaning and the results would be the same if 100% did it.

And it could also cause significant civil unrest and backlash against federal or state diverging rules which is actually worse than epidemic.

OpenTable reservations fell a little over 60% after the first reported death in Seattle. The same reaction happened in every major city. The stay-at-home order (which specifically included restaurants/bars) only killed off the final bit of business. Unless there is assurance of safety the economy will not re-open based on Donald's word (the man who lies the the American public every singe day.) 

State governors understand this. That's why they are pushing testing and PPE so hard. They are arguing in favor of information and voices that American consumers trust. You can't order consumers to rush back. Consumers need to be convinced returning to normal is safe. Not only did Donald's incompetence increase the depth of the US economic depression but his history of lies and self-dealing will obstruct the recovery. 

EVwKAFiUMAAhJ2Z.png

EVwTLB8UMAEAurF.png

EVwdpauVcAAQUT3.png

EVwfmXPUMAA0mcD.png

Edited by BradleyPNW
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What you will not hear from MSM. Natural treatments actually work

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

This seems to be an echo chamber,,,,couple of old tarts sampling each others farts.

10 hours ago, Radha said:

What you will not hear from MSM. Natural treatments actually work

Well, if it works, it's worth exploring.  And there are actually a great many people who prefer that route.  I think there is room for a good mix between natural and chemical.  Again, whatever works.

Well, the president is far from honest and he caters to a specific audience, he cares less about everyone else.  45 other nations cut off China before he did.  On the other hand Biden was calling it Xenophobic at first when the Prez was contemplating cutting off Chinese flights.  So Biden was catering to the far left, just like 'the DON' does with the far right.  Both are wrong.