Tom Kirkman

Saudi Arabia cuts May oil prices to Asia, raises US rate after Opec+ deal

14 hours ago, Gregory Purcell said:

We can't win the war in Afghanistan because we never had realistic  clear objectives, our political leadership never could say, what winning would look like.  Meanwhile the Taliban knows exactly what winning looks like.  15 years ago a Taliban commander said in an interview "Every American soldier has a fancy clock on his wrist, but time is our main weapon, time is on our side" 

Plus, you can’t help those who won’t help themselves.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Did it ever occur to you that we might need a playground to keep our top notch fighting forces trained and busy, within view of a few bullies?

Plus, we need somewhere to test all the new stuff...

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

If the US withdraws their troops and leaves Saudi to the chaos that would ensue then the US loses. The US loses to Iran, China and Russia for the whole region's political direction for decades. There is a bigger picture than the current price of oil here.

Which is why the US is not leaving till a European and Japanese force is ready to take over the majority of the job. .

The US is no longer there for Saudi, it is there against Iran Russia and China. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

4 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

Which is why the US is not leaving till a European and Japanese force is ready to take over the majority of the job. .

The US is no longer there for Saudi, it is there against Iran Russia and China. 

I wouldn’t hold my breath while waiting for Japan and Europe to take over the heavy lifting in Saudi Arabia...

Edited by Douglas Buckland
Hhh
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

2 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I wouldn’t hold my breath while waiting for Japan and Europe to take over the heavy lifting in Saudi Arabia...

The gulf, not Saudi.

Japan is already there. So are the Brits. 

Just not there in a big enough way to do the boots on the ground work. 

Edited by 0R0

12 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

The gulf, not Saudi.

Yep, time for the Yanks to leave and let anyone else take over. We’ve spent enough blood and money in the region with no thanks at all. Time for somebody else to have a go at it.

• Like 4

(edited)

6 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Yep, time for the Yanks to leave and let anyone else take over. We’ve spent enough blood and money in the region with no thanks at all. Time for somebody else to have a go at it.

You guys should have learned from Mexico, there are limits to how far you should go. Gringo from the Mexican Spanish of Green GO, and that took a Scotsman to do it for you. Yep a skirt wearing Jock leading......

Edited by James Regan

22 minutes ago, James Regan said:

You guys should have learned from Mexico, there are limits to how far you should go. Gringo from the Mexican Spanish of Green GO, and that took a Scotsman to do it for you. Yep a skirt wearing Jock leading......

We got Texas and California out of the deal...to bad we can’t give California back.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

With all regards, this is not "my" price that needs to come up. You're British, right? The US came to your defense when your backs were up against the wall. 

Well, our backs are up against the wall. With 22,000 deaths and counting--and with full realization that your country has suffered as much, per capita--and with 20 million people suddenly out of jobs, we are on the cusp of falling into the abyss. Only the astute handling of this crisis by the president, his advisers and the Federal Reserve were we able to partially mitigate this economic disaster. 

The Saudis launched this ill-conceived scheme of theirs just before it became apparent that we'd be facing the butcher from Wuhan. Any decent people--much less an ally--would have pulled back at that point, said gee we didn't foresee this, and we really want to help our "ally." But no, they pushed on gleefully, reconfirming their stance over and over. Kick 'em when they're down. What dirty bastards!

We are talking about a couple of million American jobs at stake, an entire industry, and you have the audacity to say "I guess you'd get your oil price up . . ." I'd rethink that one if I were you. If the US fails, what do you really think it going to happen to the UK, to Europe, to Israel, and to the world. The European Union is headed for a financial calamity. I fear the UK is too. I hope not. 

As in the past, it's easy to let everyone pile on the American back, and I fully understand that many people think shale had it coming to them, but for God's sake, where is a sense of unity? I've had my long run in my chosen profession, but I'd sure like to see it prosper for the men and women coming behind me. I can survive this economic onslaught, even if "your oil price" languishes at this level forever, but I sure would hate to see a couple of million hard-working people whose jobs can ALL be salvaged fall into the maws of a psychopath like MbS. 

Take any shot at me you like, but try to get it right. And please, take a moment and determine if you really want to be preaching to me. You know absolutely nothing about me, my morality, my patriotism, and certainly not my heritage. The comment, "I guess you'd get your oil price up" was a slur to me and everything I stand for. And I won't stand for it, not for a moment. 

Gerry this wasnt meant to offend, my humble apologies if it came across that way!

It was in no way meant as a personal slur but reading it back I can easily see why it was taken as such

I have stated what I personally think of you and your comments (cant remember if it was this thread or another) but that should suffice to formulate your opinion on the matter.

Yes I agree its a time for pulling together as we havent done since WW2 and for like minded countries to stand together as we have done many times. Economically we are all headed for a world of pain and that's just a fact unfortunately, how bad nobody knows at this point.

I feel desperately sorry for those who have just left school/university as their generation will be paying for this for decades.

I agree with your view on Saudi and what they have done is stab the US in the back. I just want a calculated response from the US (I'm not criticising the US in any way here) as i dont think destabilising the M.E further will help anyone. Tariffs or whatever financial/ political retributions the US imposes are all fine with me and the least they deserve.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 2

Gerry, just whack Rob with a 36 and we’ll call it even. He ain’t a bad guy, just not oilfield.😂

That said, you are both absolutely correct that now is the time to pull together!

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1

4 hours ago, 0R0 said:

The gulf, not Saudi.

Problem is we just haven't got enough boots on the ground to do the job, and I dare say Japan are in the same boat as us.

Europe just hasnt got the political will to do it, France in particular has a lot of vested interests in the region to start policing it.

Maybe Canada could come to the party? They only spent 1.31% of their GDP towards NATO so they owe us!

1 minute ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Gerry, just whack Rob with a 36 and we’ll call it even. He ain’t a bad guy, just not oilfield.😂

That said, you are both absolutely correct that now is the time to pull together!

Haha yeah I deserve it to be fair

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Haha yeah I deserve it to be fair

FYI: A ‘36’ is a 36” pipe wrench, usually purchased from the Rigid Tool Company.

Have fun with that company’s name...😂

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Maybe Canada could come to the party?

With Trudeau running Canada into the ground, that ain't gonna happen.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Problem is we just haven't got enough boots on the ground to do the job, and I dare say Japan are in the same boat as us.

Europe just hasnt got the political will to do it, France in particular has a lot of vested interests in the region to start policing it.

Maybe Canada could come to the party? They only spent 1.31% of their GDP towards NATO so they owe us!

Which is why we are still waiting. Europe is still trying to imagine its way into self sufficiency in oil. But this Russia thing keeps getting in the way as they are always there to undercut whatever home grown oil they manage. So it appears they will stay in need of Saudi and co. for a long while longer . We are still waiting to see how they move ahead to return of empires. 

7 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

FYI: A ‘36’ is a 36” pipe wrench, usually purchased from the Rigid Tool Company.

201006-13-230356-doc1.thumb.jpg.148f20267b60d032b320f2ba978a1838.jpg

11 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I guess its more use than one from the Flaccid Tool Company 😂

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

201006-13-230356-doc1.thumb.jpg.148f20267b60d032b320f2ba978a1838.jpg

Tom,

Do you remember those hot Snap-on calendars before some PC Nazi made them stop?

No hotrod shop in the States was without one!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Tom,

Yep.  Now considered NSFW.

According to an article published on this site:

Saudi Arabia hiked prices for shipments heading to the U.S., a nod to President Trump and the OPEC+ agreement. But it cut prices to shipments to Europe and Asia, evidence that Riyadh is not done with its market share strategy.”

1 hour ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Yep.  Now considered NSFW.

PC is taking the fun out of life...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

PC is taking the fun out of life...

7opAgrDI.thumb.jpeg.9e722ece5350e4aa49e5d5bba635c577.jpeg

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

We got Texas and California out of the deal...to bad we can’t give California back.

Purchase contracts only require a $ value in order to make it legal.  Would they take Cali if we offered it for a $1?  Granted we'd have to read subtitles on new movies, but Google could probably step in with real time dubbing.  No more sanctuary cities, just cities!  Oh, the potential benefits and opportunities for Nancy, Diane and Maxine to realize their utopian dreams are incredible.  Unless they pull up with a NIMBY ankle sprain or something.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Tom,

Er, like this one:

image.png.38f0d94e832ebb6214ab2cbb437befeb.png

And for you, Douglas:

image.png.3c9d87c1fd5d5e2e2a0b3b271d09b224.png