Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SD

Buy or Sell?

Recently I bought a ton of oil stocks. Specifically CPE. Research leads me to believe that there wont be a positive turn until way later this year or early next year? What are your thoughts on the smaller American oil companies? Do you think theyll survive this and what are you following that's been deemed to be helpful and somewhat reliable so far? It's hard to determine who I can trust as far as big investor companies, etc.

Some will go completely bust, some will recover solidly, some will file Chapter 11, some will limp along for years, and some will get bought out.  It's a tough time for small oil companies, especially those who were piling on debt even before the crisis.

Right now I'd be more likely to buy an ETF of oil companies than individual stocks.

If you were to check the insiders and what theyve done in the recent weeks and you saw that all of them exercised the option to take the stock over cash payments and no selling has occurred- would that make you leery or feel better about owning stock with that company? 

Just be aware that they have 13.34 million in cash vs 3.27 Billion in debt along w/ negative free cash flow.

• Like 1

It will be ok soon... dont you worry things will be maintained well may be we see much lesser oil production soon... but prices will be maintained soon relax...