1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

Our settlers were primarily seeking religious freedom. The Spanish were also imposing their version of Christianity on the native American people. The northern European colonists were also guilty of imposing their culture and religion on the lands they took over from the indigenous people. The Jews took over Israel from the native people also. More advanced cultures have always done the same thing all around the world. I am not aware of any exceptions. Some tiny tribes still exist in Amazonia or New Guinea etc. Canada and the U.S.A. have large and small reservations that were granted to various tribes of native Americans. 

Actually, the "natives" came from Syria AFTER the Jews came. The current day Palestinians are mostly genetically Jewish (70%), and are natives just like all the other Jews there. 

• Like 1

(edited)

On 4/17/2020 at 3:07 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

I have a question for many of the non-American, non-Chinese members on this forum:

Why do you focus so much attention on President Trump and American politics?

Obviously, due to the ongoing trade war and the COVID-19 pandemic, there will be a significant amount of discourse between the American and Chinese members,?This is to be expected as these issues have a direct impact on both ‘camps’.

What I find interesting is the unnatural interest in American politics and the legal system from the European or British contingent. Do you not have similar issues in your own countries to discuss? Are your governments working seamlessly to address them? Are your politicians all blameless concerning recent events?

You don’t have any ‘skin’ in the American game, so why the interest and comments?

One individual told me that due to the fact that anything that America does, affects the entire international community. This may be so, but this line of reasoning could also be applied to each European country, Great Britain, and the European Union.

I am curious as to why you are so interested in, and comment on, American politics but rarely post anything concerning your own.

Douglas why was I not told of this thread, I had to find it wading through the quagmire of star spangled banner wielding political pulp fiction. America like it or not are looked upon as the leaders of the world, not you or anyone in particular, but as a cooperative you guys are a powerhouse, a powerhouse which runs well and has put a few controversial People in the position of HOS. The American modern day footprint is evident all over the planet, deep footprints, I believe you have one on the moon also.

"You don’t have any ‘skin’ in the American game, so why the interest and comments?" - This is a provocation as it's impossible for us not to have any skin in the game, also you the US require the rest of us to have skin in the game. 

Personally I find you guys hilarious genius dumb scary boring and most of all patriotic almost to the literal fault, you need to laugh at yourselves once in awhile the rest of are, and if you can't laugh at yourself well your dooooomed.

WE LOVE YOU YANKEE GOOD, CHINA BAD VERY BAD STEVE BANNON FOR PRESIDENT -  JOHN BOLTON FOR VICE - RANDY QUAIDE ANY POSITION HE WANTS.......

PLUS THIS FORUM IS FULL OF AMERICANS WHY DO YOU THINK ITS FOCUSSED ON BY CHINESE CANNED SPICED MEAT PURVEYORS. 

ALSO YOUR SONG "MY COUNTRY TIS OF THEE" - GIVES MY COUNTRY ALL THE SKIN REQUIRED IN THE GAME- YOU STOLE OUR NATIONAL ANTHYM....

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

...says the guy in the skirt thinking about putting a blower on an old Ford 292 Y-block.....😂

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Douglas Buckland said:

...says the guy in the skirt thinking about putting a blower on an old Ford 292 Y-block.....😂

Hey its on its way on Tuesday, met a guys yesterday with a Maverick 292 original, he is going to get involved in the build also, he agreed with you, go with the carbs first the blow it later, once we know it won't take off. Strip down starts Tuesday, taking it down to the chassis , going to box weld in the struts and go through every nut and bolt, going to do it right.

Your advice will be paramount, so get ready for a few video calls.

GOD BLESS AMERICAN MUSCLE....

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I LOVE YOU TOO BUDDY.....

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Hey its on its way on Tuesday, met a guys yesterday with a Maverick 292 original, he is going to get involved in the build also, he agreed with you, go with the carbs first the blow it later, once we know it won't take off. Strip down starts Tuesday, taking it down to the chassis , going to box weld in the struts and go through every nut and bolt, going to do it right.

Wish I was there! It’s going to be alot of fun!!!!

1 minute ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Wish I was there! It’s going to be alot of fun!!!!

Nothing American going on in my life, skin I've got in the game. i think

IMG_5354.jpg

1 hour ago, James Regan said:

James, you've got to start a thread and let us old muscle heads follow along from time to time with photos, please.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, James Regan said:

Nothing American going on in my life, skin I've got in the game. i think

IMG_5354.jpg

Is that the 883? Can’t zoom in on the app...

36 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

James, you've got to start a thread and let us old muscle heads follow along from time to time with photos, please.

He’s got a cool project going...I am extremely jealous!!!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Is that the 883? Can’t zoom in on the app...

It was yes, I have modified the whole bike, dont know if you can see the JimmyIron 1200 on the side of the bike, it is an Iron 883 originally, I put the full stage 3 upgrade to a 1200cc from 900cc (883) Full Screaming Eagle race upgrade, crankshaft upwards all had to be upgraded racing cams etc etc, a full front end inverted Ohlins suspension upgrade, rear suspension air system, cut the back end off to the C Chassis to avoid passengers and give it a shortened stance. The bike was custom painted based on one of the HD paint jobs for the fat boy, I just removed the Bats, crosses etc and went full crazy skulls. I need to put a brace on the from fork as the rake has been increased a little and the flex at speed become almost uncontrollable (sped wobble), so I will have to put a  support from the piston brace at the axel upwards, or calculate max travel and fit a brace like the 48, as I have removed the front mud guard.

See full photo- forget skull rider I was doing some photos for a flat track clothing company who want to give me clothes for free, this was one of the test shirts, they are doing FlatTrack collection called Disaster Squad, sounds about right as Im the lone member of the squad at this point.🤣

IMG_5350.jpg

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

He’s got a cool project going...I am extremely jealous!!!

I started this blog, I think this is the best way, if not we can do thread, let me know, ive never done a blog before???? click link to Blog and see how it feels for ease of you guys adding comments, all are welcome to add info photos and HELP

23 minutes ago, James Regan said:

It was yes, I have modified the whole bike, dont know if you can see the JimmyIron 1200 on the side of the bike, it is an Iron 883 originally, I put the full stage 3 upgrade to a 1200cc from 900cc (883) Full Screaming Eagle race upgrade, crankshaft upwards all had to be upgraded racing cams etc etc, a full front end inverted Ohlins suspension upgrade, rear suspension air system, cut the back end off to the C Chassis to avoid passengers and give it a shortened stance. The bike was custom painted based on one of the HD paint jobs for the fat boy, I just removed the Bats, crosses etc and went full crazy skulls. I need to put a brace on the from fork as the rake has been increased a little and the flex at speed become almost uncontrollable (sped wobble), so I will have to put a  support from the piston brace at the axel upwards, or calculate max travel and fit a brace like the 48, as I have removed the front mud guard.

See full photo- forget skull rider I was doing some photos for a flat track clothing company who want to give me clothes for free, this was one of the test shirts, they are doing FlatTrack collection called Disaster Squad, sounds about right as Im the lone member of the squad at this point.🤣

IMG_5350.jpg

Heres the typical original 2011- not mine but it started life like this.....

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 05.29.35.png

39 minutes ago, James Regan said:

IMG_5350.jpg

Not THAT'S a machine!  Anyone who's never built a machine from the ground up, with a bit of trial and error and a whole lot of sweat and tears, has no idea what it feels like to roll down the street on your creation, or just sit with a beer and marvel.  Good on you, mate!

44 minutes ago, James Regan said:

I started this blog, I think this is the best way, if not we can do thread, let me know, ive never done a blog before???? click link to Blog and see how it feels for ease of you guys adding comments, all are welcome to add info photos and HELP

I just started "following" the blog.  Thanks for sharing.  I look forward to progress reports and photos, whether they come quickly or over the next year or so doesn't matter.  Good luck.

Here's something for us (not so) old farts:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/17/2020 at 11:29 PM, Jan van Eck said:

That would seem to be more and mre likely to be the case. I would not have thought so six months ago; indeed, I had predicted that Mr. Trump would not run for re-election, as he is not a man to countenance being defeated.   At this point, he would appear unstoppable.  And there are perfectly good reasons for that.   

What I find fascinating is that the Democrats, the other Party in the US Duopoly political system, cannot see it.  Amazing stuff.  They actually think they can recycle this Biden guy and prevail over the Trump Political Machine.  A complete delusion.  

Sounds like all Western nations have to choose from a bad bunch of grapes these days? We haven't had a decent leader here in Australia for decades either. Same BS as everywhere. No moderates, just loonies on the left, loonies on the right, stuck in the middle....

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, James Regan said:

IMG_5350.jpg

Nice! Did you dyno it?

• Like 1

(edited)

15 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Nice! Did you dyno it?

Yep had to, it has the Screaming Eagle electronics package with it, and full lap top access, four set ups we made during the Dyno after building, pre sets into the laptop, now I just plug in the dongle and select which mode I want, I think we did four set ups, final one is Suicide mode all, bets off. From a standing start it will take out my Honda Fireblade in a straight line until 3rd gear 6000RPM then the Blade takes off, forget curves it doesn't do curves.....

Just looking at the front end - The Suspension, wheels, Brembos and floating race discs (the whole front end) cost more than the original bike haha..... The clamping arrangement below the upper triple clamp is actually a brake fluid reservoir , I didn't like the feel I could never bleed it properly, so I went with sports bike HEL racing set up straight from the Pump to the callipers, now it will stop.....

Edited by James Regan
  • Upvote 1

On 4/18/2020 at 1:04 AM, Dan Warnick said:

I don't think the Dems really think any of their candidates can beat Trump.  And I don't think they truly want to.  Hang on.  I think they actually know that no-one in their party can beat Trump, so throw up a candidate and let it pass.  They are using this time to try every crazy idea they have ever had and see what gets through.  I mean seriously, they make so much noise about Trump that that is the story, all the while they are trying to push through moon-shot dreams/ideas.  Why not?  If they make enough of the story about Trump every day, no one will remember their shenanigans when 2024 rolls around.  At least that is what I think they might be scheming, anyway.

Anyone else have a theory on this?

Yeah, somethin similar. GFC occurred on Bush watch. GFC 2 on Trump watch. Dems happy to let this one go coz they know they wld have to tax the crap outta ur country to fix it. It is "Laisee fare" unfettered capitalism vs communism, nothing has changed except the fact that ur country nearly broke. Both sides happy coz Dems think the poverty will give them power 4eva and that also what the Republicans believe? Both sides have their numbers wrong, but it only the middle class that loses out? Who cares about them? They minority now. Only poor ppl and rich ppl votes count?

Just now, Douglas Buckland said:

Any idea of the horse/torq you’re getting?

Ive got the dyno print somewhere I will check, off my head its around 85 at the rear wheel for normal riding, its a light bike in comparison to other models , we played with the fuel mixtures ratios and the suicide mode is over 95, but the front end loses it so I have to back off..

11 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Any idea of the horse/torq you’re getting?

did you click on blogs, or go to my profile and select blogs you will see the hot rod build, that way were not distorting the thread here, im sure some people dont want to hear us having a gear head conversation, just being nice of fk it....lol Check the Blog you can comment like this, Dan just joined and it will work out good for the build

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James Regan said:

did you click on blogs, or go to my profile and select blogs you will see the hot rod build, that way were not distorting the thread here, im sure some people dont want to hear us having a gear head conversation, just being nice of fk it....lol Check the Blog you can comment like this, Dan just joined and it will work out good for the build

Already posted on the blog

• Upvote 1

Pandemocrats!

• Haha 1