Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CB

Did U.S. just start war with China? $60 Billion tariff package coming fast

Trump is reportedly going to unveil a $60-billion tariff package (annually) on China by Friday ... I think this means the trade war is back on, and bigger than any of us expected. How bad is this going to be?

And in the end, the higher cost is passed along to the end user...the little guy...you and me. See how that works?  It's just a tax on consumers. 

25 retail giants have just sent a letter to Trump begging him not to go through with this, saying it will be passed down to the American people ... 

Tax cuts for the rich and tariff tax for the rest of citizens

Price of everything goes up, companies lose export markets and must shutdown or lay people off. The end result is almost always a recession. 

thanks for 100/month tax cut. now I can afford the $140 increase in all the things I buy

Someone needs to remind Trump how economic protectionism worked out for the SSSR, or US in 1930 for that matter

10 hours ago, Carlsbad said:

Trump is reportedly going to unveil a $60-billion tariff package (annually) on China by Friday ... I think this means the trade war is back on, and bigger than any of us expected. How bad is this going to be?

china stops buying US debt. Game over 

if he is trying to downsize the debt, this would be the dumbest move. 

10 hours ago, Carlsbad said:

not going to happen, he is just distraction shopping again

China sent a clear message. I think this is just the beginning of something bigger. "US soyabean exports will be targeted if the Trump administration imposes further tariffs on China" said Hu Xijin, editor of nationalist tabloid the Global Times, which is controlled by the Chinese Communist party....So, welcome to the Trade War.