Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Kirkman

Can We Talk About American Media's Connections to Chinese Interests?

Just to annoy the water carriers for CCP shills and spammers.  Because I simply adore having to clean up daily Mandarin spam attacks that try to choke this forum with huge wall of text garbage threads filled with hundreds of (malicious) spam links (I'm not clicking on any of those links, thank you very much).

KingOfViruses.thumb.jpg.61c9f46012acdb154b3b7d48e457bb2d.jpg.f7f90b7682bfa399cb2df9d3deebb780.jpg

Can We Talk About American Media's Connections to Chinese Interests?

Several weeks ago, we detailed how American mainstream media outlets were intent on parroting communist propaganda talking points coming from disinformation ministers in Beijing.

At first glance, it would be easy to write this disturbing surrender of journalistic integrity to advanced stages of Trump Derangement System. It would be reasonable to suspect that reporters, producers, anchors and editors held such an intense zeal to oppose, resist and damage President Trump that they'd even stoop so low as to hand their bylines over to propagandists supporting the totalitarian murderers at the top of the Red China food chain.

However, something even more disconcerting may be at work here.

Over at National Review, Jim Geraghty has assembled a disturbing and thorough timeline of the communist Chinese government's complicity in the spread of the Wuhan coronavirus.

The story of the coronavirus pandemic is still being written. But at this early date, we can see all kinds of moments where different decisions could have lessened the severity of the outbreak we are currently enduring. You have probably heard variations of: “Chinese authorities denied that the virus could be transferred from human to human until it was too late.” What you have probably not heard is how emphatically, loudly, and repeatedly the Chinese government insisted human transmission was impossible, long after doctors in Wuhan had concluded human transmission was ongoing — and how the World Health Organization assented to that conclusion, despite the suspicions of other outside health experts.

It's fantastic reporting and well worth your time when you're finished reading this.

This is fantastic work by Jim, but why is he the one who put this together? Jim's one of the best, don't get me wrong, but he, like so many of us, works for a scrappy media outlet with limited resources. I mean, there are huge media companies in this country covering this story who have resources and reporters all around the world at their fingertips to assemble this data.

Why didn't NBC News do this reporting? Or ABC News? Or CNN?

It was Jim's tweet for his story that turned the lightbulb on over my head:

This is the kind of journalism I can create because I don't have to worry about a parent company's access to the Chinese market: "The Comprehensive Timeline of China’s COVID-19 Lies" https://t.co/9Q81v8tg9I

— Jim Geraghty (@jimgeraghty) April 14, 2020

He's absolutely right and it deserves some attention.

Every single major broadcast and cable news outlet covering the COVID-19 pandemic has a direct and critical interest in pleasing the communist regime in China. Every single one of them. To understand this critically important connection between these American news outlets and the Chinese government, you only need to understand the power of the Chinese market when it comes to the film industry.  ...

(There is much more to the article in the link above).

======================================================

You may not be aware of the scuttlebutt that Drudge Report was sold to foreign owners a while ago, and appears to be under control by CCP.  You may (or may not) have noticed the general shift of Drudge Report last year from being generally pro-USA to being generally anti-USA / pro-CCP and also full blown TDS.  Because there is a 2 year Non-Disclosure Agreement, we will be unable to find out which foreign entity bought out Drudge Report until after the November U.S. Presidential elections.

Meantime, there is a Presidential Executive Order, available on the White House dot gov site:

Executive Order on Establishing the Committee for the Assessment of Foreign Participation in the United States Telecommunications Services Sector

INFRASTRUCTURE & TECHNOLOGY

Issued on: April 4, 2020

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 301 of title 3, United States Code, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1.  Policy.  The security, integrity, and availability of United States telecommunications networks are vital to United States national security and law enforcement interests.  ...

... Sec3.  Establishment.  (a)  There is hereby established the Committee for the Assessment of Foreign Participation in the United States Telecommunications Services Sector (Committee), the primary objective of which shall be to assist the FCC in its public interest review of national security and law enforcement concerns that may be raised by foreign participation in the United States telecommunications services sector.  The function of the Committee shall be:

(i)   to review applications and licenses for risks to national security and law enforcement interests posed by such applications or licenses; and

(ii)  to respond to any risks presented by applications or licenses by recommending to the FCC, as appropriate and consistent with the provisions of this order, that it dismiss an application, deny an application, condition the grant of an application upon compliance with mitigation measures, modify a license with a condition of compliance with mitigation measures, or revoke a license.  ...

• Great Response! 1