Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JF

Working thru the COVID-19 is very doable

My work continues, mostly unabated. More remote work, but still on-site 3 days last week. Factory seeing 1,200 people a day showing up. I am also on an ERT screening team. A daily screening, just a handful of questions and a temperature check, then a wrist band allowing you to proceed on site for the day. Will more PPE the country could be up and functioning much faster. But this date declaring with protocols and much more testing is, in my opinion, foolish and ultimately counter-productive. We don't need a vaccine, but we do need proven treatments for the minority who get a serious case. The rest of this is taken from an internal memo from my employer, in a critical national infrastructure industry. We are going full steam ahead. Even considering expanding in country manufacturing. 

These protocols include:

• Ensuring a person who tests positive is out of the workplace and getting medical attention as needed, and monitoring the person’s recovery process
  • Tracing all close contacts who may have be working with the individual and ensure they are out of the workplace, following self-isolation protocols, getting medical attention and testing as needed, and monitoring their status while in self-isolation
  • Identifying the building(s) the person that tested positive worked as well as meeting rooms they may have visited while on site and conducting enhanced cleaning of those areas as needed
  • Ensuring any person tested positive is fully recovered before they are allowed to re-enter the workplace

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

What a horrible idea, count me out.

• Rolling Eye 1

Now this is what I call sound advice, I hope everyone watches it

On 4/18/2020 at 9:51 PM, El Nikko said:

What a horrible idea, count me out.

Do you prefer what most of the world is doing, effectively waiting for a vaccine while collapsing economic output? 

The world will, intentionally or not, provide what happens if you severely lock down down, half ass lock down, or mostly do not much.

1 hour ago, John Foote said:

Do you prefer what most of the world is doing, effectively waiting for a vaccine while collapsing economic output? 

The world will, intentionally or not, provide what happens if you severely lock down down, half ass lock down, or mostly do not much.

No I am going to carry on as normal and I expect to still be alive next year

The day I have an app to let me go out of the house is the day I put a bullet through my head

How do your safety procedures account for the fact that many/most people carrying the virus have no symptoms?

• Like 1

(edited)

5 hours ago, Bob_W said:

How do your safety procedures account for the fact that many/most people carrying the virus have no symptoms?

After the circuit breaker lockdown period, you need extensive testing and then contact tracing.  David Culver from CNN has been reporting from China.  They have been using a nationwide health QR code system for more than one month now.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/asia/china-coronavirus-qr-code-intl-hnk/index.html

Edited by Hotone