Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AV

Flying Taxis In New Zealand - Very Soon?!

A firm funded by Google founder Larry Page has unveiled this electric, self-flying air taxi that can travel at up to 110 mph. It can do 100 km on a single charge, and it takes off and lands vertically. It will eventually be available to customers as a service similar to an airline or a rideshare.

This is very exciting. The pilot has always been a considerable part of the cost and complexity of air travel. NZ has a strong regulatory environment and a good record in aircraft safety, but they’re also reasonably open to innovation. 

Well the pilot has always been a considerable part of safety, too. I'm not ready for self-driving cars yet, and even less ready for these self-flying taxis. 

This is obviously a phenomenon of extremely rich people where they think that what they want is something that everybody wants. This will be a very expensive aircraft. 

I am sure something similar was said about internal combustion engine cars back in that time.  

27 minutes ago, Adam Varga said:

A firm funded by Google founder Larry Page has unveiled this electric, self-flying air taxi that can travel at up to 110 mph. It can do 100 km on a single charge, and it takes off and lands vertically. It will eventually be available to customers as a service similar to an airline or a rideshare.

HARD PASS

"and just in case things really go wrong the plane has a parachute for landing" 

Somehow this doesn't make me feel safer. In fact, I feel .. dread...

Something like Uber in the air...

From before, competitors like Airbus and Uber are also racing to commercialize flying taxis. Battle for sky:)

I can imagine NZ shepherds in a taxi - control of herd sheep. "I believe I can fly"