Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VK

Goldman Sachs Expects Tesla to Miss Model 3 Targets Again

Goldman Sachs analyst David Tamberrino reiterates Sell rating and $205 six-month price target for Tesla shares which have not traded in $205 territory since December 2016. Tamberrino predicts that while there have been improvements in Model 3 deliveries, the firm expects they will fall well short of consensus expectations. Do you think he is right? 

Well, he might be right even though it's very hard to predict anything about Tesla. I can't imagine Tesla falling to $205 because I can't imagine Musk missing his bonuses. 

I'm sure Musk will find his way out from this. Model 3 is late of course, but all the updates Musk did are impressive. I would rather Tesla continue to be late but impressive than to be on time but mediocre.  

This company is in big problems right now. They almost have no unsold inventory because they got rid of most of it to cover their chatastrofic last  quarter. Can't wait to see Q1 numbers.  They are barely surviving in this EV world game. I knew it would be a failure from the beginning. 

Really? You knew that for the last 10 years? They are a dominating force in EV world and all other automakers have to play their EV game.  If this is a failure than I want to be a part of it.  

This looks more like a manipulation with Tesla share price. Last week Tesla share price rise based upon Model 3 production. Few day after that we had a news about Tesla reworking parts. Now a bearish piece on Tesla missing projected production rate. There are people getting rich on these intentionally induced ups and downs. 

On 3/20/2018 at 10:29 AM, Vlad Kovalenko said:

Goldman Sachs analyst David Tamberrino reiterates Sell rating and $205 six-month price target for Tesla shares which have not traded in $205 territory since December 2016. Tamberrino predicts that while there have been improvements in Model 3 deliveries, the firm expects they will fall well short of consensus expectations. Do you think he is right? 

No, I think the stock is held up by a hard core of emotional fans, who associate Musk with the future, sort of like Trekkies with investment money to spend.  That said, I do not have a position.

• Like 2