Tom Kirkman

Peaceful rebellions against overreaching restrictions by *elected* Governors

13 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

I've had to go to straight decaf. It just snowed another two inches last night, and the street plows have a big mound at the entrance to the driveway, so if I go to "regular" I am liable to go bezerker, Norwegian style.  Gotta keep the lid on it. 

I'm stretching & exercising hard 6 days a week.  Reading internet and this forum between exercise reps / sets.  Good comic relief.  I need some caffeine for that morning jolt before workouts.  See attached schedule; I split day 3 into 2 days as it is just too much for 1 day.

dumbbellbarbellmass.pdf

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UNC12345 said:

How can you read the above and not think this is something more?

UNC, even suburban Connecticut, which has its houses on half-acre lots and larger, is racking up 200 dead a day.  Most of them are in Fairfield COunty, in the stretch between Bridgeport and Norwalk.  Yes, that includes some poorer areas; it also includes places such as Westport, one of the richest towns in CT (and the USA), with million-dollar mansions on multi-acre lots, the place of the infamous birthday party where 100 friends got together for the 40th and pretty much all of them ended up sick.  

Incidentally the rumor mill in town is that that Party turned into a "key party," as lots of the women were divorced and dragged along "dates" which were then swapped out.  Those are women who consider themselves sophisticated; divorced, forty, and celebrating, toss in some drinks, and it is swap time.  Hey, you don't exactly practice social distancing when you are literally inside each other!    (They probably do that in Toronto also.)

• Great Response! 1

On 4/20/2020 at 7:19 AM, 0R0 said:

Future seasons of it should be less deadly. 

Don't be too sure.  Depends on if it mutates, and if it does, then how it mutates. 

You could end up with no herd immunity, and start all over.  More problems. 

• Upvote 1

(edited)

Don't believe in the death number in the weekend. It seems they could not keep track all of the deaths in the weekend and delay to early week days. I think wed, thu, fri night  should reflect more accurate data.

My question are there any flu deaths in the Covid19 deaths number reported. How  to separate the two if both are in hospitals where lots of both virus around? Surely flu deaths maybe infected by Covid19 as well?

Can a US president legally lock down the whole country like Xi? Even it is a stupid idea that he should have.

Edited by SUZNV

1 hour ago, Jan van Eck said:

UNC, even suburban Connecticut, which has its houses on half-acre lots and larger, is racking up 200 dead a day.  Most of them are in Fairfield COunty, in the stretch between Bridgeport and Norwalk.  Yes, that includes some poorer areas; it also includes places such as Westport, one of the richest towns in CT (and the USA), with million-dollar mansions on multi-acre lots, the place of the infamous birthday party where 100 friends got together for the 40th and pretty much all of them ended up sick.  

Incidentally the rumor mill in town is that that Party turned into a "key party," as lots of the women were divorced and dragged along "dates" which were then swapped out.  Those are women who consider themselves sophisticated; divorced, forty, and celebrating, toss in some drinks, and it is swap time.  Hey, you don't exactly practice social distancing when you are literally inside each other!    (They probably do that in Toronto also.)

Wow, you have great anecdotes! LOL  They may have this in Toronto, but I cannot express an opinion as my wife still puts up with me and I am not privy to what goes on at such parties.  Amusing story, other than the sickness of course.

• Like 1

It's easy to overlook what else was going on at these 'Devos' or more likely driven by Eric Prince right wing rallies specifically targeted at only Democrat Governors and exacerbated by the POTUS .  How about the Confederate flags at every one of these rallies?  Is that 'American' is that 'Patriotic'?  Hell no! What about the self-proclaimed 'Nazi's' at the Michigan capital rally?  Again, is that either American or Patriotic?  Was it necessary for many of them to leave their cars, which they were not supposed to do, and carry loaded assault rifles?  Absolutely not.  All the while they were bunched together, many without masks as if they were invulnerable.  

Which side is right on Covid restrictions? Neither side. Facial coverings should be mandatory in crowded public places PERIOD! Blanket orders to ban some businesses are not the answer. Separation of people is important.  Garden centers and home improvement stores have been mobbed. Many do not wear masks and often the ones they wear are insufficient. So the ability to have a quality mask like an N95 (which should be mandatory for anyone in public places with no way to socially distance) are just not available. Hoarding and then price gouging has been a huge problem, How about grocery stores? Why don't they have the delivery people and pickup people do all the gathering of items? If they don't have internet then take a list from the people in line. Or should they call first if they don't have internet. Yes, they might not get a perfect order or all the items on sale they might want but I see long lines of people at these grocers all the time. But we will not have a vaccine, so we must find ways to put businesses back in business with restrictions. Testing is growing, facial coverings are pretty much possible for everyone.

But let me also express my well researched opinion on the origin of the virus.  This is basically SARS 2.  The actual name is Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).  The first one was, that came out of Wuhan, claimed to be from the bats, just like this one!  Ebola actually is from bats  and was provable but the evidence the SARS viruses were caused by bats is almost laughable.  This was a bio weapon project that got out of control, just like the first one.   China does not allow other nations scientists to participate in the process, they are constantly censoring the truth.  They let this drift out there for possibly 3 months before telling the world the problem.  Many innocent people  travelled from China all over the world during this phase where it was able to penetrate almost every society in the world.   

Do we need to stop making stuff overseas?  Of course!  But the excuse of blaming the American worker or the unions who, like them or not, were designed to protect the workers rights and their right to collectively bargain are not a good enough excuse anymore to keep allowing slave labor nations to make our goods.  Before unions had any power the average worker was completely abused on every level, from wages, to safety, to working hours etc. The blame and burden of offshore manufacturing of Amercian goods should be clearly on the backs of our politicians and the corporate lobbying efforts that bribe our politicians.  In order to be independent we will have to pay a consumer price, but in that process the wages of the worker should rise to a livable wage and that money will circulate within our nation, not China's or any other nation.  China is much more dangerous now that we have funded their military expansion at nearly an exponential rate. This applies to oil as well, relying on oil from the MENA region or anywhere else is a bad idea as it empowers those nations whose belief systems are contradictory to the USA.   Part of this solution to become energy independent is to use more renewable sources to power our nation, not just drilling and fracking more in the USA.  Both will create jobs and opportunity. 

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Wow.  I didn't know they spread this garbage overseas.  I thought they just viewed stuff from our MSM and accepted it as truth.

Just questions for you guys and don't read this in a sarcastic or sharp tone.  I am genuinely interested in the answers.  I try to understand all viewpoints.

Why is there such a huge level of mistrust of various sources (on the opposite end of the political spectrum, CNN, anything from the left, etc) and they are dishonest, etc., while we post links such as the ones above and trust these sources?  Is "the gateway pundit" a source beyond reproach and worthy great amounts of trust?  I'm sure I could list others.

I just can't figure out how this is the case, other than we trust them because they agree with our political beliefs and views.

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

I'd like to make it a requirement for those who want to protest publicly in mass groups, that they cannot wear a mask.  Let's accelerate the thinning of the herd. No real loss of quality from my perspective.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, William Sol said:

I'd like to make it a requirement for those who want to protest publicly in mass groups, that they cannot wear a mask.  Let's accelerate the thinning of the herd. No real loss of quality from my perspective.  

Well, William, those people are only mixing with a like-minded group of individuals.  So that is part of their statement.  They believe they have the right to go out and get on with life.  They are NOT saying that other non-like-minded people have to come out of their houses and join them.  That is in direct contrast of their belief that they are being forced to isolate and go broke based on other people's beliefs.  Still to this day the arguments rage about whether or not anybody knows for certain that this virus is as fatal as some would have us believe.  Many examples of data manipulation have been uncovered, further adding to the uncertainty.  Finally, the fact of the matter is that in the United States the individual does have certain unalienable rights.  They are exercising their rights and they do not ask you to give up yours.  I.e. if you stay inside your house, those protestors are of no danger to you.  Isn't that what you believe?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, UNC12345 said:

Just questions for you guys and don't read this in a sarcastic or sharp tone.  I am genuinely interested in the answers.  I try to understand all viewpoints.

Why is there such a huge level of mistrust of various sources (on the opposite end of the political spectrum, CNN, anything from the left, etc) and they are dishonest, etc., while we post links such as the ones above and trust these sources?  Is "the gateway pundit" a source beyond reproach and worthy great amounts of trust?  I'm sure I could list others.

I just can't figure out how this is the case, other than we trust them because they agree with our political beliefs and views.

Thoughts?

It is a clash of religion world viewpoints.  Not saying the individuals ARE said religion, but their viewpoint is ROOTED in said religion.  Pretty much Atheism and its ideals vrs. the ideals of Christianity.... not that the individuals in question actually all "religiously" follow said Ideals, but many try to adhere to them.  If you go to Korea as a westerner, it is quite evident with their mix of Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism and where this falls along their party lines.    When I went to Korea many years ago it opened my eyes to why the USA is in the state it is in currently. 

Cheers.

(edited)

1 hour ago, UNC12345 said:

Thoughts?

Gateway Pundit for example is far more *independent* than CNN.  Gateway Pundit is considered far right, while CNN is considered far left.

But real difference lies in the fact that Gateway Pundit and other similar small media outlets are far more independent,

Roughly 90% of mainstream media is controlled by 6 companies.

nb11lryl6ca01.thumb.png.af598321839907c4b6f0275d653324eb.png

A deeper dive here, if you wish.

Edited by Tom Kirkman
fat finger typos
  • Like 1

(edited)

But the confederate flags are not a white power racist symbol?  How closely does that equate to Nazi ideals?  Pretty close.  I lived in the south for 5 years in the 1980's and travelled around, sometimes with black colleagues.  Let me tell you the confederate flags were everywhere and it is not a good thing. Maybe you believe it is. I did not say Nazi flags, did I?  No, I said pro Nazi.  Nazi's just like the KKK and basically the white confederacy are total racists and they both condemn Jews as well.  Seeing confederate flags at a rally at the capital in Michigan is pretty tragic in 2020.

1 hour ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Edited by VARNEY

4 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Gateway Pundit for example is far more *independent* than CNN.  Gateway Punditr is consideredd far right, while CNN is considered far left.

But real difference lies in the fact that Gateway Pundit and other similar small media outlets are far more independent,

nb11lryl6ca01.thumb.png.af598321839907c4b6f0275d653324eb.png

A deeper dive here, if you wish.

Yes the conglomerates rule the world.  Talk about the 1/1000th percenters having control, they do.  But CNN is not even close to a far left organization, more like a left of center organization.  Let's compare, VOX, SLATE, Rolling Stone, Huffington, Pravda etc.  those are all to the left of CNN.  

2 minutes ago, VARNEY said:

But the confederate flags are not a white power racist symbol?  How closely does that equate to Nazi ideals?  Pretty close.  I lived in the south for 5 years in the 1980's and travelled around, sometimes with black colleagues.  Let me tell you the confederate flags were everywhere and it is not a good thing. Maybe you believe it is.

What confederate flags?  I've watched a lot of videos of these events and I haven't spotted any.  As for the 80s, I believed in many things that have since been revealed as other than I was led to believe in my youth.  For instance, I travelled around Florida and Georgia in the late 80s and early 90s, even lived in Florida for a year, and you are right that some terrible things were obviously still going on on the back roads of both states (and sometimes not so far from the main roads).  Having said that, we all loved The Dukes of Hazard with the confederate flag blazing across the car.  Had no idea it meant anything other than Southern pride.  Naive me, I guess.  Times have changed, but it wouldn't surprise me to go back to those back roads and find some simply wrong stuff going on back there.  But again, up North in Michigan and elsewhere I didn't see any flags other than the American flag and Don't Tread On Me flags/banners.

54 minutes ago, William Sol said:

Except when they cough on you.  Keep your distance, the IQ factor and the inhibition factor come into play here.

1 minute ago, VARNEY said:

Except when they cough on you.  Keep your distance, the IQ factor and the inhibition factor come into play here.

Just stay in your house.  You don't have to mix with them.  So long as you follow the path you believe in, and stay in your house, nothing they do can affect you, right?  You believe if you quarantine, you will be fine, so what's the problem?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

What confederate flags?  I've watched a lot of videos of these events and I haven't spotted any.  As for the 80s, I believed in many things that have since been revealed as other than I was led to believe in my youth.  For instance, I travelled around Florida and Georgia in the late 80s and early 90s, even lived in Florida for a year, and you are right that some terrible things were obviously still going on on the back roads of both states (and sometimes not so far from the main roads).  Having said that, we all loved The Dukes of Hazard with the confederate flag blazing across the car.  Had no idea it meant anything other than Southern pride.  Naive me, I guess.  Times have changed, but it wouldn't surprise me to go back to those back roads and find some simply wrong stuff going on back there.  But again, up North in Michigan and elsewhere I didn't see any flags other than the American flag and Don't Tread On Me flags/banners.

I'm sure FOX news cut out all the Confederate flags in their edits.  Be that what it may, I ride bicycle all over the SE parts of Michigan from the IN border on up to about Holland and inland a bit to Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids etc.  I see Confederate flags along the way, rare but enough to see it hasn't gone away.  I guess you can call that one of our 'freedoms of expression'.  Riding bike can be dangerous in Trump territory, I carry a sidearm at all times.  Been run off the road by dudes in pickup trucks.

• Rolling Eye 1

2 minutes ago, VARNEY said:

I'm sure FOX news cut out all the Confederate flags in their edits.  Be that what it may, I ride bicycle all over the SE parts of Michigan from the IN border on up to about Holland and inland a bit to Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids etc.  I see Confederate flags along the way, rare but enough to see it hasn't gone away.  I guess you can call that one of our 'freedoms of expression'.  Riding bike can be dangerous in Trump territory, I carry a sidearm at all times.  Been run off the road by dudes in pickup trucks.

Why would "dudes in pickup trucks" run you off the road?  What would make anyone take notice of you and want to do that?  I'm calling BS on that, it just doesn't make sense.  And then your aim is to tie that in to gun-toten, white supremacists up in Michigan.  How so?  You say you rarely see a confederate flag, and we're just supposed to say, Oh my! and believe you?  You also claim that FOX news cuts out ALL the confederate flags in their edits, which implies there are tons of them, and implies that you have decided I only watch FOX news clips and avoid all others.  Thanks for that prejudgement.  Kind of like you have decided I LOVE Trump, right?  Go on.  Got any news clips that show these flags you speak of?  Let's see them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UNC12345 said:

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Gateway Pundit for example is far more *independent* than CNN.  Gateway Pundit is considered far right, while CNN is considered far left.

Here is more independent media, encouraging people to be skeptical of "authorities" and to also have an emphasis at looking at the data.

Wouldn't surprise me if YouTube pulls videos like this.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 7:52 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

Starting a thread to highlight the backlash against overly restrictive rules issued by elected representatives.  As an example of overly restrictive and arbitrary restrictions, here in Michigan, it is oddly prohibited to purchase garden seeds.  Madness.  Victory Gardens have a long history in the U.S.  To ban seeds for Victory Gardens is unacceptable.

Oh no, it's even worse than I thought  : (

160073ea28fc6b3cf0bacbd0ebe757d21db14939616af78c42895d6d27e67b9b.jpeg.c4c45225cc8ad6c9d8a62c943526282f.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Bobcats are not bulldozers, Tom.  But think what fun this will be for area cats!

Why do I have this picture in my head of some old "GET OFF MY LAWN!" type looking out their window every day at the youngsters having FUN out there, and deciding "By Gawd, I'm going to complain!"?

• Like 1