Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M_Ali

Cognitive Dissonance

THE ENTIRE WESTERN WORLD LIVES IN COGNITIVE DISSONANCE

Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, United States Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy

http://thefallingdarkness.com/entire-western-world-lives-cognitive-dissonance/

diss-1.jpg

cognitive_dissonance.jpg?itok=h8mfPmt1&c=ad545d3e5175f57a6d9da3e91f2d0fda

Not a Dicky bird tweeted back even in disdain on my unpalatable previous post on Uncle Sam's Crystal Ball despite many views!!!!

Apparently all busy lining up in the queue above on the left to sign the CCP fan club memorandum, following the footstep of the old Cowboy who didn't change his way and still chasing the Devils Herd snorting fire up in the sky.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, M_Ali said:

Not a Dicky bird tweeted back even in disdain on my unpalatable previous post on Uncle Sam's Crystal Ball despite many views!!!!

Apparently all busy lining up in the queue above on the left to sign the CCP fan club memorandum, following the footstep of the old Cowboy who didn't change his way and still chasing the Devils Herd snorting fire up in the sky.

Sorry, I had no clue what you were talking about.  Had to go to your profile and see if I could find what you were alluding to, since you did not provide a link.

Here is a link to your earlier thread, which you referenced above:

• Upvote 1

@M_Ali a suggestion for you.  Everyone is free to post pretty much anything they want on this forum, provided some basic decorum is followed.

But you are unlikely to receive much in the way of reply if all you do is copy & paste.

Better if you provide your own unique commentary and summary, to explain to others why they should bother reading your threads or comments.  This applies to everyone, not just you.

There are some very sharp people on this forum.  But most will not read mindless copy & paste without a reason.  There is already information overload on the internet and the media.

Perhaps try to condense your views and points down to a short, easily digestible form.  If one is not able to explain a concept to a 5 year old who knows nothing about the subject, then one probably does not have sufficient grasp of the material, and is simply spouting off.

Also, honey works better than vinegar.

And, I'm not your Mother, you can do whatever you want.

Back over to you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tom Kirkman said:

@M_Ali a suggestion for you.  Everyone is free to post pretty much anything they want on this forum, provided some basic decorum is followed.

But you are unlikely to receive much in the way of reply if all you do is copy & paste.

Better if you provide your own unique commentary and summary, to explain to others why they should bother reading your threads or comments.  This applies to everyone, not just you.

There are some very sharp people on this forum.  But most will not read mindless copy & paste without a reason.  There is already information overload on the internet and the media.

Perhaps try to condense your views and points down to a short, easily digestible form.  If one is not able to explain a concept to a 5 year old who knows nothing about the subject, then one probably does not have sufficient grasp of the material, and is simply spouting off.

Also, honey works better than vinegar.

And, I'm not your Mother, you can do whatever you want.

Back over to you.

Tom, thank for your encouraging advice and reaction to my recent posts.

Actually I made my point very clearly by referencing the iconic Hollywood cowboy hero and cultural figure depicting the American ideological antagonism towards CCP in his war movies, thus dismissing the documentary as an old anti CCP propaganda cliche.  

But I noticed my "Vinegar" commentary and summary on the specific post was not to the liking of the palate of the "very sharp people" on this forum so I decided to post partially copied & pasted "Honey" filled documents or links to such - a common practice by most on this forum including yourself- posted by some top notch American intelligence and economic advisers from highly respectable sources.

As for Nietzsche  he need not my introduction. He is the thinking guy who prefers the vinegar of truth to the honey of illusions, a necessary and winning strategy in pursuing philosophy of life and an unnecessary and loosing one when trying to win the favors of children.

You are going to have to try harder if you want to appear as the smartest, most informed person on the forum...we already have a swarm of arrogant, condescending dingbats vying for that title.

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 8
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

You are going to have to try harder if you want to appear as the smartest, most informed person on the forum...we already have a swarm of arrogant, condescending dingbats vying for that title.

Hey, hands off, the dingbat trophy is mine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Don't flatter yourself, good luck to you and your inspiring dingbats on this forum.

I'm not trying to win a thread trophy nor am I taking an intellect exam or showing off here. Science of Politics is NOT an exact science, there is no exact answer to political questions, there is no single truth; CCP and ARP fashion their own version of truth about the origin of coronavirus; one ascertains, creates and upholds political beliefs as "truth" to cater for one's personal, social and national taste and interest. 

However, I like the annoying character of Socrates questioning people's political and social dogmas, prejudices and misconceptions, planting doubts in their minds relating to their strongly held belief systems and exposing them as riders of donkeys of ignorance or illusion as opposed to high horse of self-righteousness. 

• Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I've been roasted. 

4 hours ago, M_Ali said:

THE ENTIRE WESTERN WORLD LIVES IN COGNITIVE DISSONANCE

Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, United States Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy

http://thefallingdarkness.com/entire-western-world-lives-cognitive-dissonance/

diss-1.jpg

cognitive_dissonance.jpg?itok=h8mfPmt1&c=ad545d3e5175f57a6d9da3e91f2d0fda

And the good news is....the western world will go back to it's own sandbox....along with its money and influence. This world needs a reset, globalism was a grand experiment that has failed on a proportion that yet has to be quantified..

There will be another day for globalization of the world that is inevitable. It would seem rather apparent that until all country's agree to common standards of hygiene/health standards we the world are not ready for that.

As to business it is as simple as risk management has always been...Go at your own risk, country's should never have been allowed to intervene for the sake of some corporate business well being...uberism at its finest along with death of millions.

When political leaders learn they represent their country and its citizens soley...then it will be time to integrate, However as we can all see EGOS are still a major stumbling block on that path to a unified world. 

The above is sticktly a opinion and your mileage may vary.

• Like 3

Mr. Ali, I was offended by the naked person in the picture. Put some clothes on him. And I don't know what a dickey bird is. And I never studied Nietzsche or Socrates.

By the way, most human beings would rather hear comforting lies than unpleasant truths. Are philosophy classes teaching nowadays that only Westerners live in cognitive dissonance?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, M_Ali said:

Don't flatter yourself, good luck to you and your inspiring dingbats on this forum.

I'm not trying to win a thread trophy nor am I taking an intellect exam or showing off here. Science of Politics is NOT an exact science, there is no exact answer to political questions, there is no single truth; CCP and ARP fashion their own version of truth about the origin of coronavirus; one ascertains, creates and upholds political beliefs as "truth" to cater for one's personal, social and national taste and interest. 

However, I like the annoying character of Socrates questioning people's political and social dogmas, prejudices and misconceptions, planting doubts in their minds relating to their strongly held belief systems and exposing them as riders of donkeys of ignorance or illusion as opposed to high horse of self-righteousness. 

Yet, there is a ‘truth’ as to the origin of the virus (for example).  Not everyone is approaching this from a political viewpoint or prejudice.

On a forum such as this, your opinion, and mine, are simply that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

The idiot American economists, the idiot American financial media, and the idiot American policymakers still have not comprehended that jobs offshoring destroyed America’s economic prospects and pushed China to the forefront 45 years ahead of Washington’s expectations.

This part from your link above is largely correct. The rest of the diatribe he wrote sounds like he was off his meds. I read concessions of an economic hitman, if he's going there someone beat him to it, equally uninformed but playing his thin credentials to the limit. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

And the good news is....the western world will go back to it's own sandbox....along with its money and influence. This world needs a reset, globalism was a grand experiment that has failed on a proportion that yet has to be quantified..

There will be another day for globalization of the world that is inevitable. It would seem rather apparent that until all country's agree to common standards of hygiene/health standards we the world are not ready for that.

As to business it is as simple as risk management has always been...Go at your own risk, country's should never have been allowed to intervene for the sake of some corporate business well being...uberism at its finest along with death of millions.

When political leaders learn they represent their country and its citizens soley...then it will be time to integrate, However as we can all see EGOS are still a major stumbling block on that path to a unified world. 

The above is sticktly a opinion and your mileage may vary.

Globalism, economically,  most definitely had not been a failure. But the unequal imposition of regulatory costs on the Western side vs. the lack of them on the side of China and others is not only on China. It is on the entirely insane level of cost impositions vs. a microscopic incremental decrease in the abuse targeted by it. It is the 10 cost 1 benefit balance typical of regulation that has made producing offshore so much more attractive. Hard regulations with no relationship to the target outcome (e.g. volatile organic compounds used in paints that were banned in favor of baked or cured coatings, when capturing the solvent vapors is just as effective in preventing their escape in meaningful quantities). Certainly, particular industries and companies lobbied for it for their particular benefit (e.g. auto makers thought the cost of baking a paint job on an old car would reduce the number of used cars on the road competing with their new production) but no degree of lobbying should have been able to achieve that if rational controls were in place to restrict regulatory powers of Congress, the regulatory agencies and presidential executive orders.

On its part, China had subsidized interest rates for decades, targeted industries strategically for onshoring into China (e.g. pharmaceuticals) and were uncountered by anyone in the West during China's decades of stealing IP and practice of non-market financing and subsidy to produce competitive advantages. 

Globalism as in global governance and international trade (WTO, ISO) finance (IMF, BIS, OECD, World Bank, the Development banks) and patent/IP etc. and international political structures like the World Court and most of all the UN, and its myriad subsidiary organizations, then yes, that globalism was a total farce and complete failure. Much of it was taken over by the nihilist Malthusians and world government promoters (e.g. Bill Gates, the Rockefeller foundations etc.) and by China. 

The US global interventions  are not based on a democratic promotion campaign but on particular hard US commercial and strategic interests. The fight with the Soviets has been over for quite some time. The shift in US policy from what little democratic demonstration projects were going on, towards direct interests regardless of political structure is not admirable, but then it isn't the US' responsibility to promote democratically elected enemies, but to stop them.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, M_Ali said:

You seem to think that everyone is clueless on this forum, except for you.

Good luck with that attitude.

For info, I've spent far more years on totally unrestricted / unmoderated forums before coming to this forum, and have heard dang near every dingbat theory there is.  Flat Earthers especially amuse me.  And Lizard people.

Again, my suggestion if you wish to nudge others to consider alternate viewpoints is to do less soapbox diatribe and present less condescending ideology for people to consider.  If you consider pretty much everyone else stupid except for you, then your message is unlikely to be well received.  My eyes tend to glaze over when I read your stuff, so perhaps your marketing of ideas needs some repackaging.

I'm not knocking your ideas - go for it - but probably better if you tone down the "I know best" attitude.

Nobody wants to hear a raving person shouting insults at them as they walk down the street, even if they speak the truth.

You may get a better response on this unique little niche forum by repackaging and distilling your comments into thoughts that are a bit more user friendly.

tl;dr  say whatever you want here (with decorum), but play nice with others

Again, back over to you.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pisstol said:

Mr. Ali, I was offended by the naked person in the picture. Put some clothes on him. And I don't know what a dickey bird is. And I never studied Nietzsche or Socrates.

By the way, most human beings would rather hear comforting lies than unpleasant truths. Are philosophy classes teaching nowadays that only Westerners live in cognitive dissonance?

Mr Pisstol (aka Morality Police, don't be silly) current time is the year 2020, also classified as post-modernist; we are about 6 centuries past European medieval times and Scholastic Christen values of virtue are behind most minds who have filtered through renaissance and enlightenment to present time.

Evidently you've not studied or observed naked Greek or Roman Arts either, may be a sinful act in you mind. Though the naked cartoon figure above resembles none, and in fact depicts naked ignorance with a head or mind buried in the sand.

I'm afraid I can't be apologetic for your lack of general knowledge, interest or readings in the Arts, Philosophy, Ornithology or even common proverbs. 

But you unwittingly confirm Nietzsche's view on people preferring sweet lies to bitter truth.

You should read Dr Paul Graig Roberts article to understand the relevant context of his articulation of the concept of "The entire Western world lives in Cognitive Dissonance". Cognitive Dissonance has no geographical characteristics, it is GPS Independent.

6 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

You seem to think that everyone is clueless on this forum, except for you.

Nobody wants to hear a raving person shouting insults at them as they walk down the street, even if they speak the truth.

You may get a better response on this unique little niche forum by repackaging and distilling your comments into thoughts that are a bit more user friendly.

tl;dr  say whatever you want here (with decorum), but play nice with others

Again, back over to you.

Not clueless but predominately biased, dogmatic and some highly jingoistic and xenophobic, Duke Style.

Tom, with respect, I would give the lecture on decorum and fan-base building to other deserving members with short on temper and valid arguments ; I'm NOT seeking nice or better response to my comments or threads here on this forum. 

The aim of my comments are not to gain likes but to question or doubt the common views and beliefs held wrongly in my opinion, with respect to subjects of interest to me debated here on this forum. My critiques may be bitter but none are aimed at the character of the commentator, though there are dogmatic people who find it difficult if not impossible to dissociate the two.

24 minutes ago, M_Ali said:

Not clueless but predominately biased, dogmatic and some highly jingoistic and xenophobic, Duke Style.

Tom, with respect, I would give the lecture on decorum and fan-base building to other deserving members with short on temper and valid arguments ; I'm NOT seeking nice or better response to my comments or threads here on this forum. 

The aim of my comments are not to gain likes but to question or doubt the common views and beliefs held wrongly in my opinion, with respect to subjects of interest to me debated here on this forum. My critiques may be bitter but none are aimed at the character of the commentator, though there are dogmatic people who find it difficult if not impossible to dissociate the two.

Ok, we are off to the races then.

Just so you are aware, most regulars on this forum are pretty much familiar with the individual character idiosyncrasies of most of the other regulars.  The regular banter back and forth between members is expected, both friendly and sometimes not so friendly as tempers sometimes flare occasionally. Since you are a bit newer here, I was just trying to point out a general way of interacting.  Since you don't seem to be seeking 'nice' comments here, I'm guessing you will find what you seek.  Your posting style remains your choice.

• Haha 1

Mr. Ali:

Did you copy and paste the cartoons, or were they somehow automatically generated by the link?

Hi, Mr. Ali,

I followed the link to see what the copyright restrictions were on the cartoons. I soon noticed that the web site, thefallingdarkness.com, appears to be a shill or plant for Russian state media. They have articles by Pepe Escobar and Paul Craig Roberts, both of whom have long been favorites of Russian propaganda media. I read Sputnik and Russia Today for several years before I realized how despicable they are. And I quit reading any articles by authors who regularly write for them. RT and Sputnik make people think they are getting smart from their disinformation. RT's slogan is "Question More". That is the style you use.

You are right that I am "lacking in general knowledge". If I had studied Ornithology, I would know about dickey birds. If had not allowed myself to be influenced by "Scholastic Christen values of virtue", I might like the naked Roman and Greek statues that you like. Maybe I would even decorate my house with penises like the Romans did. I am the dumbest person on the forums on this web site. I am so dumb that I think that the corona virus is a blessing to mankind. Why do you suppose the smart people on the oilprice forum are ignoring you?

You have me outmatched intellectually, so I will be spending all my time in the future reading oilprice articles and reading what the oil workers have to say in their discussions.

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2020 at 10:48 PM, M_Ali said:

Or, you are simply an arrogant, deluded, wannabee with a God complex. This IS GPS dependent, and funny enough, zeros in on you.

Your verbiage is lofty and entertaining, your logic and reasoning is on the same level of a bivalvia.

Please continue to contribute to this forum, I’m under lockdown with a broken TV and entertainment is at a premium.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, pisstol said:

You have me outmatched intellectually, so I will be spending all my time in the future reading oilprice articles and reading what the oil workers have to say in their discussions.

^ That is actually one hell of a zinger right there, folks.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Or, you are simply an arrogant, deluded, wannabee with a God complex. This IS GPS dependent, and funny enough, zeros in on you.

Your verbiage is lofty and entertaining, your logic and reasoning is on the same level of a bivalvia.

Please continue to contribute to this forum, I’m under lockdown with a broken TV and entertainment is at a premium.

Evidently you got extremely irritated by my response above, however I don't intend to waste my time arguing with an arrogant and ignorant roughneck whose general and political knowledge on American and world affairs is spoon fed to him by Hollywood and Fox News libraries of infotainment and news bullshit catering for his personal taste. Someone who mistakes his closely and dogmatically held political and philosophical views and values as knowledge in the fields and sees ad hominem as a substitute for valid arguments in political debate.

You're politically and philosophically highly illiterate not surprising at all as someone who is inspired by the likes of Steve Bannon as a political philosopher advisor to a former chicken wing vender turned self appointed world leader, a laughing stock of the world media attention talking on a world stage out of his lower orifice continuously uttering bullshit and lies next to whom even Reagan looked like Plato.  

Your fanatic support for a ball game does not make you a professional ball player. You need to find someone of your own intellectual level to talk balls over a beer with remotely or fix your TV to watch Fox news or watch a movie riding into the sunset with the Duke. I'm afraid I can't help you with either.

20 hours ago, pisstol said:

Hi, Mr. Ali,

I followed the link to see what the copyright restrictions were on the cartoons. I soon noticed that the web site, thefallingdarkness.com, appears to be a shill or plant for Russian state media. They have articles by Pepe Escobar and Paul Craig Roberts, both of whom have long been favorites of Russian propaganda media. I read Sputnik and Russia Today for several years before I realized how despicable they are. And I quit reading any articles by authors who regularly write for them. RT and Sputnik make people think they are getting smart from their disinformation. RT's slogan is "Question More". That is the style you use.

You are right that I am "lacking in general knowledge". If I had studied Ornithology, I would know about dickey birds. If had not allowed myself to be influenced by "Scholastic Christen values of virtue", I might like the naked Roman and Greek statues that you like. Maybe I would even decorate my house with penises like the Romans did. I am the dumbest person on the forums on this web site. I am so dumb that I think that the corona virus is a blessing to mankind. Why do you suppose the smart people on the oilprice forum are ignoring you?

Something Has Snapped in Italy’s Stormy Relationship With Europe

David's Statute in Florence, photo above - One of the most recognizable sculptures by Micheal Angelo, the world renowned Italian Renaissance Artist and Sculptor 

Mr Pisstol,  

Let the light reflect from the sculpture back to your eyes and mind to enlighten you as it did those seeking knowledge from the renaissance and enlightenment periods inspired by the traditions of Greek philosophy built on the foundation of Doubt, Questioning and Reasoning as opposed to holding on to blind faith in old or new church and more importantly don't let the little willie or dick get in the way.  

It's never late to be enlightened. But don't expect the same from those sculptured anchor women at Fox News showing their sexy legs, they're marketing a different product.

I was NOT being patronizing, nor was I referring you to RT or sputnik for information; If you find it hard to understand what Naom Chomsky makes of the Empire, I refer you to watch people's philosopher George Carlin stand up take on the American Dream philosophy sold by the snake oil merchants to the nation of the Empire.

I am NOT in a match with anyone on this forum to win a trophy or feel superior about my contributions. Questioning, reasoning and raising doubts in commonly held beliefs and views for a better understanding of reality is what motivates me NOT intellectual smugness or xenophobic jingoism.  

4 hours ago, M_Ali said:

Evidently you got extremely irritated by my response above, however I don't intend to waste my time arguing with an arrogant and ignorant roughneck whose general and political knowledge on American and world affairs is spoon fed to him by Hollywood and Fox News libraries of infotainment and news bullshit catering for his personal taste. Someone who mistakes his closely and dogmatically held political and philosophical views and values as knowledge in the fields and sees ad hominem as a substitute for valid arguments in political debate.

You're politically and philosophically highly illiterate not surprising at all as someone who is inspired by the likes of Steve Bannon as a political philosopher advisor to a former chicken wing vender turned self appointed world leader, a laughing stock of the world media attention talking on a world stage out of his lower orifice continuously uttering bullshit and lies next to whom even Reagan looked like Plato.  

Your fanatic support for a ball game does not make you a professional ball player. You need to find someone of your own intellectual level to talk balls over a beer with remotely or fix your TV to watch Fox news or watch a movie riding into the sunset with the Duke. I'm afraid I can't help you with either.

...yawn....nothing to see here, please move along.

3 hours ago, M_Ali said:

Something Has Snapped in Italy’s Stormy Relationship With Europe

David's Statute in Florence, photo above - One of the most recognizable sculptures by Micheal Angelo, the world renowned Italian Renaissance Artist and Sculptor 

Mr Pisstol,  

Let the light reflect from the sculpture back to your eyes and mind to enlighten you as it did those seeking knowledge from the renaissance and enlightenment periods inspired by the traditions of Greek philosophy built on the foundation of Doubt, Questioning and Reasoning as opposed to holding on to blind faith in old or new church and more importantly don't let the little willie or dick get in the way.  

It's never late to be enlightened. But don't expect the same from those sculptured anchor women at Fox News showing their sexy legs, they're marketing a different product.

I was NOT being patronizing, nor was I referring you to RT or sputnik for information; If you find it hard to understand what Naom Chomsky makes of the Empire, I refer you to watch people's philosopher George Carlin stand up take on the American Dream philosophy sold by the snake oil merchants to the nation of the Empire.

I am NOT in a match with anyone on this forum to win a trophy or feel superior about my contributions. Questioning, reasoning and raising doubts in commonly held beliefs and views for a better understanding of reality is what motivates me NOT intellectual smugness or xenophobic jingoism.  

Dumbass, his name was Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni, known best as simply Michelangelo, NOT Micheal Angelo!

Even an ignorant and arrogant roughneck with no general or political knowledge knows this!

Guess you really aren’t as smart as you thought you were!😂